Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 election AKA The Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Trump is a politician. It's his job to take political stances, and I've got no problem with that. SA is NOT a political organization and should NOT be making political statements.

On Trump's speaking on the virus, etc., yeah, whatever comes out of his mouth is going to be outrageous and likely ill considered. That's Trump. People expect that from him.

If I'm remembering correctly, the CDC did NOT recommend mask wearing until April, so anyone in this country turning to "science" about Nancy Pelosi's actions would have been told wearing a mask wouldn't help and so they would have believed Pelosi and gone down town to contract the disease.

2. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I'll respond. We've had almost 4 years of Trump in office to see what his followers "probably" believe. Do you always pay such close attention and demand facts & evidence when people speak? Or do you only use that to turn the tables on someone who disagrees with you?

3. Morgotha

Here's what Qanon is:

"QAnon[a] (/kjuːəˈnɒn/) is a far-right conspiracy theory[2][3][4][5][6][7] alleging that a cabal of Satan-worshiping pedophiles running a global child sex-trafficking ring is plotting against President Donald Trump, who is battling them,"

There's NO WAY a significant amount of real, voting, normal citizens believe this. No honest person on the left would say they do.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Yes. And it's great to have you back, Jen.

5. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

"prob·a·bly
    /ˈpräbəblē,ˈpräblē/
    adverb
    1. almost certainly; as far as one knows or can tell."

This leaves room for error. "Probably" means that it's probable based on behavior we've seen.

Do I think all of his supporters believe this? No way. I think there is a level of being fed up that many of us have reached in order to make these types of statements.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Right.... People are calling out a very small portion of people who believe in this ridiculous conspiracy theory and scaling that up to "probably" most of Trump's supporters. That in it of itself is another conspiracy theory, am I wrong?

7. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Also, do you think that my asking him those questions are illegitimate simply because you think that I'm being a contrarian?

Because I argue that I'm not the latter. If people routinely make ambiguous, generalized blanket statements about something, why is it out of bounds for me to scrutinize and question what they are espousing?

8. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I would normally agree, but i think a global pandemic and other issues like climate change is where that ends.

9. Morgotha

ba·lo·ney
    /bəˈlōnē/

noun
    informal
    noun: baloney; plural noun: baloneys
    foolish or deceptive talk; nonsense.
    "typical salesman's baloney"

You can find a few nuts who'd believe anything you could dream up, but there is NO WAY a good number of Trump (or Biden) supporters would really believe such hogwash. Saying they "probably" do is just a not-so-subtle way of insulting them.

I don't believe you when you say that you've become fed up and only now have started looking down on Trump's supporters. I think people who look down on Trump's supporters have done so since day #1.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Morgotha

It's a way of mocking the "basket of deplorables" while pretending not to.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Everything you said is true true but that would assume Trump was a reasonable, thoughtful and mature individual which he has proven time and again that he is not. He also doesn’t fully grasp his job description when it comes to being the leader for “all” Americans. If he didn’t understand the science he could have researched the basics but most journal articles don’t come out in comic book format. Unfortunately he doesn’t listen to his experts either.....unless they’re in the habit of kissing his ass.

When it comes to following the latest scientific recommendations, people are going to have to decide to abide by the guidelines no matter what side of the aisle they fall on if we’re going to get through this.

I actually feel sorry for those who follow Trump blindly like every utterance out of his mouth is a missive from heaven. I don’t know what to say about those who know better but continue to support him anyways.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Morgotha

Don't get me wrong, Trump has done a p!ss-poor job of uniting the nation regarding the covid pandemic. I wish he did better. I don't expect him to.

• Like Like x 2
  13. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  14. Morgotha

What's funny in a way is that they are using hashtag groups to spread their message. I just read an article a day or two ago about how right wing groups usually try and message by placing a story in some obscure source and hope it gets picked up by a wider publication, whereas LEFT wing groups tend to message through hashtag groups.

Qanon would seem to be right wing but is spreading through hashtags. Odd.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Both sides use insults, i guess mine are just more subtle than hanging a naked brunette Barbie by the neck from their giant pickup truck (Michigan conservatives and their insults on Whitmer). I see that in my hometown as i drive around with my 6 year-old daughter, American flags a-wavin' as if there is any connection to being a patriot and that type of behavior.

That's true (your second paragraph), I was in disbelief that he was even a contender for US President, however, I have become increasingly fed up as people continue to support him despite everything.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

That's the most frustrating part... he had so many opportunities. I was even happy when he (seemed to) start to take Covid seriously. I thought, finally, maybe there will be some unity in this. Of course that didn't last long before more damaging things flew out of his mouth.

I wish everyone had their own mind and could have low expectations for him like you do, but there are people who literally seem to worship him and take his word as gospel. If it didn't affect so many of us i would tune it out and move on with my life, but it's scary when it involves things like a deadly virus and the quality of air our kids will grow up in.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yes, that's the crux of it. This didn't need to be political. It's a pandemic, so you should follow what the medical professionals advise.

Now thousands of people have died because of it.

I think the mask issue stems from his pathology of building up his own fantasy world. It started right at the beginning with the crowd size for the inaugural. Then they pretended they didn't inherit a good economy from Obama. The soldiers from the Iran missile attack weren't harmed they said. Then they said it was just "headaches." But dozens had brain injuries. This is just three things, but the list is endless.

These are all lies but you don't have to stare them in the face. You can talk around it with more lies, but when someone is there with a mask it punctures the veneer of his fantasy world. That's why he's actually even telling people to take their masks off during appearances etc. Reality has always been his greatest enemy.

Ideally Trump would live a long life and suffer the pain and humliation of his actions every single day. But that will never happen, because once he's gone he'll just build another psychotic fantasy to explain what occurred, election fraud, deep state etc.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The woman who won the Republican primary for the Senate in Delaware is a QAnon supporter too. There's a picture in the piece of her wearing a QAnon shirt.

https://www.businessinsider.com/qan...n-nomination-for-us-senate-in-delaware-2020-9

I'm sure it was an honest mistake though.I always have to make sure I don't go out with my Q T shirt, or my Confederate flag one.

She also had repeatedly tweeted the QAnon slogan WWG1WGA. I'm sure that's nothing too though. I often tweet those letters out randomly. It can happen.

Everything is fine. Nothing to see here.

19. Morgotha

You do realize that right now Delaware is so firmly Democratic it doesn't have a single Republican representative at either the state or federal level, right? It's no surprise that the kooks would run as Reps, who else would bother? LOL, remember that pro-pedophile guy running for the senate in Virginia? Same thing here.

Trust me, the only reason these guys are in the news is because they do NOT represent anyone and do NOT have a chance of winning any elected office. It most certainly is NOT evidence of a massive qanon conspiracy bubbling just below the surface in the Republican party.

20. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I need to be careful about how I represent myself here.... For the record, I do not support or condone believe in any of this Qanon garbage.

But regardless of that, I've gotta know... how are these jokers on the Republican side any worse than the people on the Democrat side who are supporting rioters/looters, publicly spewing anti-semitic rhetoric and espousing communist and marxist ideology?

I'm not trying to deflect or anything though... The Qanon freaks have got to go. But we should all collectively acknowledge that there are people on the fringe of society with dangerous ideas and they are on both sides of the political spectrum. Us "normals" should really stand together and draw a line in the sand with ALL of these nuts. Not just with the right wing ones exclusively.

• Agree Agree x 1