Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 election AKA The Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 3, 2019.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like she’s using the QAnon nutters to further her political agenda even as the article states she’s now trying to distance herself from them. Playing both sides. You have to be be an extremely paranoid individual to actually believe and act on what that extremist group is peddling.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

This professor went too far in public, even for those that may secretly agree with her.

"A professor at Marshall University in West Virginia was suspended last week after allegedly saying she hoped President Trump’s supporters would all die from the coronavirus, according to reports.

“I’ve become the type of person where I hope they all get it and die," Professor Jennifer Mosher said while talking to students remotely about how some Trump supporters refuse to wear masks or social-distance, especially at his rallies, The Hill reported. "I’m sorry, but that’s so frustrating — just — I don’t know what else to do. You can’t argue with them, you can’t talk sense with them, um, I said to somebody yesterday I hope they all die before the election."

After a student reportedly recorded what Mosher said and posted it on social media -- where it went viral -- the university issued a statement saying it was "aware of an overtly political statement made by a faculty member in a recent virtual classroom session and widely circulated on social media.

"The University does not support or condone the use of any of its educational platforms to belittle people or wish harm on those who hold differing political views," the statement said, according to The Hill."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/anti-tru...-for-presidents-supporters-gets-her-suspended

3. Morgotha

Currently there seem to be nuts on both sides but the left wing nuts are much more destructive and violent. That's something in Qanon's favor, I suppose. I just don't see how anyone can take their crackpot ideas seriously. LOL, that being said, I don't see how toppling a statue of someone from 100 years ago is going to make "racism" go away or stop young black men from shooting people.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. purriwinkle

While I agree that extremists on both sides are never good there are some major differences. QAnon beliefs are rooted in fantasy but can also have destructive and violent results as well. Remember Pizzagate? It had very real consequences for one innocent business owner.

https://www.inc.com/magazine/201707/burt-helm/how-i-did-it-james-alefantis-comet-ping-pong.html

But if we’re lumping right alt groups together, like people want to lump Antifa groups together, we have to look at some of the violent acts of those groups and individuals belonging to those groups OR who hold similar beliefs that they have to “fight” those they think oppose them politically. Then we can add in gunmen that have shot others such as Kyle Rittenhouse others.

https://www.businessinsider.com/extremist-killings-links-right-wing-extremism-report-2019-1

I would say the majority of alt left groups tend more towards property damage. Pulling down a statue because it daily rubs their collective noses in the fact that southern generals or whoever, fought to keep their ancestors in chains for instance.
    Some are opportunists who will smash and loot stores. Others feel that occupying a building that houses the very group they’re protesting against (police etc) is a way to force change quickly.

As the population in general becomes Increasingly polarized you’ll see more of this. It used to be we saw that we had more in common than we had differences. It used to be that we worked through channels and peaceful protest to effect change. I don’t know if we’ll ever get back there. Social media, a very poor example of civility in Washington, and a refusal to be led by facts, scientific or otherwise, could very well lead to dark times ahead. Perhaps the grand experiment that was and is the United States is destined to implode. I sincerely hope not.

5. purriwinkle

When are people going to realize that if you have wild thoughts because you’re frustrated, etc. you don’t express them in a media form that can be widely disseminated. That’s what your close friends are for, lol, if you have to let off some steam. Certainly not while you’re at work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. purriwinkle

Another article about what it’s like to be involved with someone who becomes a QAnon Believer....

Excerpt....
    But those numbers are only part of the story. They don’t show the impact the delusion has had on people and their relationships. So, we asked our readers to tell us about the QAnon believers in their lives. Nearly 200 did. Respondents, who mostly said they lived in the United States, ranged in age from 16 to 82. Here’s what you said.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/janelytvynenko/qanon-families-friends

7. Morgotha

The real world consequences of far right delusions DO destroy people's lives. As far as total numbers go though, far less damage is being done by far right beliefs than far left beliefs.

On the statues -- please. Most of the people pulling down statues were *white*, their ancestors were never slaves. They're just indoctrinated fanatics.

The people who loot, commit arson, and destroy aren't just "committing property damage", they are stealing away the years of work that went in to building and paying for that property -- they are basically stealing years of life from people. You make it sound like since it's "only" property damage it's no big deal.

I do think it's fair to blame the internet to some degree for the rise in violence, etc., from these groups. It used to be the media was the only source of information out there, and something had to be reasonably rational to get published by them. Now, however, with anyone being able to post any crazy thing and have others read it and disseminate it, people who are borderline for being extremist can end up reading ONLY things that reinforce their beliefs and in effect harden their convictions. They can also find groups that align with their beliefs and so feel like their belief is more widespread than it is. It's turning out to be a downside of the information superhighway.

8. Morgotha

Biden has now said if elected he's going to nominate an African-American woman to SCOTUS. First it was a black woman for VP, now it's a black female Supreme Court judge. Is he biased against the other 94% of the US population or something?

"
    Mr Biden said that if he won the presidential election, Mr Trump's nominee should be withdrawn. He said he would then consult senators from both parties before putting forward his choice.

He has not named any potential nominees, but said his first choice "will make history as the first African American woman on the court"."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54227286

9. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

That's what bothers me the most, the loss of reality. You can't come to terms with people if they're living in a fantasy world. After 9/11 we had the insane Truthers who thought it was an inside job and that the towers weren't brought down by the planes, but explosives. Their mantra was "jet fuel can't melt steel beams." Of course these people were on the fringe.

Then after Sandy Hook, Alex Jones started the whole thing that there wasn't a massacre of school kids, but there were "child actors." It was so bad that the his followers even harassed the parents who lost their children. Again, this was scary stuff, but on the fringe.

Then we got the Obama Birther insanity led by Trump that helped catapult him to the nomination. That should've been disqualifying in any sane country.

So now it's moved into the mainstream where you have Trump just making stuff up and creating a separate "reality."

While Biden winning is the antibiotic that kills the Trump bacteria, the problem is much bigger. The entire immune system is compromised and other ailments will arise.

It reminds me of the decline and fall of the Roman Empire. You have periods of restoration, but they're temporary. I wish I could be more optimistic about all of this, but I just don't see a way out in the long term.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Stealth

There's a Youtuber that I watched for Walking Dead reviews. He didn't show any signs of being crazy. He just discussed the show and provided ratings of each episode like we've done here.

Then during the pandemic, when there were no shows, he suddenly went completely nuts. He started posting videos about the Illuminati and how Bill Gates caused COVID to create a vaccine. A lot of Deep State insanity too. I just unsubscribed, but it was unsettling to see someone just unravel that showed no signs of it prior.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. purriwinkle

So, you think armed ult right nut jobs who shoot people do “far less damage” than the ult left vandals. I wonder if the families of those killed would agree.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. purriwinkle

I wonder if he was in deep before the pandemic or if having limited outlets during lockdown he let himself get sucked in. Sad.

13. Stealth

He couldn've been into it prior to the pandemic. No way to know for sure. It was just striking because he only discussed TV and movie stuff before. If I watch things on Youtube it's only entertainment related stuff, so if he'd even dipped his toe into it before I would've unsubscribed. If there's anything political on Youtube I take the approach of the well written Jon Snow character from Season 8 of GOT, "I dun wan it."

• Like Like x 1
  14. Morgotha

No, I think that the deaths caused by the right wing have been overshadowed by the deaths caused from the left wing and the massive amounts of property damage from the left.

15. Morgotha

Herschel Walker says BLM is basically a tool to funnel Chinese money to the Democratic party.

"“But then I also saw that BLM had a subsidiary company that was partnered with a company from China that was giving them money. So, the money goes from China, to the subsidiary, to BLM, to the Democratic Party,” Walker says, adding: “Why does it seem like I’m the only that’s coming up with this? Just think about it.”"

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/hers...ping-fund-blm-which-then-donates-to-democrats

16. purriwinkle

Just because this is Walker’s opinion doesn’t make it a correct assessment. I didn't even know who the guy was until you posted this so I looked him up. Sounds like a right wing nut job to me which is why he’s “the only one coming up with this”.

17. purriwinkle

I think you’re mistaken. According to ADL (Anti Defamation League) report in Jan. 2019 for the year 2018 (i don’t know if they have the figures for calendar year 2019 yet):

white supremacists were responsible for the great majority of extremist-related killings in 2018, which is the case almost every year. Right-wing extremists were responsible for 49 (or 98%) of the 50 domestic extremist-related killings in 2018, with white supremacists alone accounting for 39 (or 78%) of those murders. Anti-government extremists (primarily sovereign citizens) were responsible for eight (or 16%) of the deaths.

https://www.adl.org/murder-and-extremism-2018

Do you have the figures on how many BLM protesters killed people?

18. Morgotha

No, he's a *black* right wing nut job saying BLM isn't the best thing since sliced bread. That's why it's in the news.

19. Morgotha

Since June of 2020 19 people have died in the George Floyd protests alone. There's plenty of left-wing inspired violence out there.

You have to be very careful in who you're allowing to decide what's "extremist" violence for you. Most of them have agendas of their own. You also need to be wary of what you allow someone else to define as extremist violence. For example, there have been several attempted assassinations of police lately, I'd write them up as left-wing inspired extremist violence, but I doubt some of these organizations would would.

#2099 Morgotha, Sep 22, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  20. Morgotha

Romney has said he agrees with appointing a new SCOTUS judge, so it looks like it's going to be voted on. I like Romney's rationale as well.

"
    (CNN)GOP Sen. Mitt Romney of Utah signaled on Tuesday that he is on board with the Senate's taking up a new Supreme Court nominee during the current election year, an announcement that all but ensures a nominee put forward by President Donald Trump will be confirmed barring any potential missteps by the nominee during the confirmation process.

"The historical precedent of election year nominations is that the Senate generally does not confirm an opposing party's nominee but does confirm a nominee of its own. The Constitution gives the President the power to nominate and the Senate the authority to provide advice and consent on Supreme Court nominees," Romney said in a statement. "Accordingly, I intend to follow the Constitution and precedent in considering the President's nominee. If the nominee reaches the Senate floor, I intend to vote based upon their qualifications.""

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/22/politics/scotus-nomination-congress-latest-mitt-romney/index.html