Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 election AKA The Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 3, 2019.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Of course, the “originator” of that phrase was referring to Trump supporters, lol. I’m sure there’s many a day when she wished she could have snatched those words back.

Trump says disparaging things about all sorts of people all of the time.. women, veterans, reporters, political opponents and just about anyone who isn’t his flavor of the day.

What I find interesting is that people who have known Trump before he became president have said that he doesn’t like his own supporters really. Now you might want to dismiss the sources as somehow being disgruntled such as Michael Cohen but I remember reading what Howard Stern also said.

"He'd be disgusted by them. Go to Mar-a-Lago, see if there's any people who look like you," he said. "I'm talking to you in the audience.

"The Trump voter who idolizes the guy, he despises you."

https://www.cleveland.com/entertain...donald-trump-despises-his-own-supporters.html

You might pooh poo it but it would seem to fit in with Trump’s personality.

2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Well, Ronnie, I've got good reason to equate the two, as these protests consistently turn in to riots. I couldn't care less about what the peaceful protestors do, but I care a great deal about what rioters do. You don't want me to lump the two together? Then try having a protest WITHOUT a riot for once. Until you do that it's reasonable to say "left wing protest = riot".

And it continues. This weekend Seattle had more looting and violence at a "protest".

"
    Seattle's interim police chief, Adrian Diaz, is making changes after a violent weekend of vandalism throughout the city as protestors express their anger and disagreement with the grand jury decision in the Breonna Taylor case.

Police made at least 10 arrests Saturday evening when protests devolved into chaos and violence as demonstrators set fires and damaged property and allegedly committed assaults in the Capitol Hill neighborhood."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-...hanges-following-violent-weekend-of-vandalism

3. Morgotha

Maybe he does. Who knows? Unlike his opponents, he recognizes that China is our enemy and Israel is our friend. That seems more important to me that who he wants to pay him at his golf club.

As an aside, here's a video that's a good metaphor for America today. If you can view the the plane as the country, and the woman as a typical Biden/Harris supporter, and men as typical Trump/Pence supporters, it's easy to see why one would prefer America under Trump than Biden regardless of Trump's or Biden's individual personalities.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/n...ger-Exorcist-style-meltdown-board-flight.html

https://nypost.com/2020/09/28/video-shows-woman-having-exorcist-style-meltdown-on-flight/

#2123 Morgotha, Sep 29, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  4. purriwinkle

I loved Ronnie’s opening, BTW, lol. There are many protests throughout the country that have remained peaceful or relatively so. I get a little frustrated when I read about some of the violence that occurs because the protesters are so frustrated. I have never engaged in such behavior but I think I understand their anger. I think it distracts from the message and for some people, like yourself, that’s all they see.

• Like Like x 1
  5. purriwinkle

I don’t see the metaphor, only the strange, disordered thinking of a Trump supporter.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It's partly because the movement is devoid of a leader. Imagine the civil rights era without the influence of MLK. Also at the time you had JFK/RFK and later LBJ who were pushing for the same cause. None of them moved at the rate MLK wanted since politics were involved but they were all rowing in the same direction. Now not only is there no leader, but there is also a George Wallace figure in the White House calling out to the Proud Boys at the debate to "stand back and stand by."

I wish people would channel their energies more toward removing the mentally ill occupant of the White House.than even having peaceful protests at this point. No one is listening now, in fact they're looking to use these events to stoke Trump's propaganda. They need to do something constructive like register voters, phone/text bank etc. Protests right now, of any sort, are counterproductive.

7. Morgotha

Some people might be frustrated, others just want a chance to commit crimes without fear of prosecution. LOL, what about those guys who showed up with a U-Haul to load up with electronics? Did they do that out of "frustration"? Nope, just criminals.

8. Morgotha

Ah, I see where you missed the metaphor. The woman in the video is the BIDEN supporter, not the Trump supporter.

9. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Don't you wonder if that's a bit much???? Also, I am willing to bet that almost all of the LOOTERS AND RIOTERS are not actual voters. Left or right.

10. Morgotha

Pep, just between you and I, my real post was just the first paragraph until I chanced upon that bizarre video. At that point I thought it would be funny to pull Purri's chain a bit:D. Don't tell her, though;)

And I agree about the looters. Felons in general can't vote anyways.

11. PepperAnn

BTW, that pulled me into a rabbit hole of people going nuts in midair on airplanes. I would be absolutely terrified to be on those flights.

12. Morgotha

IKR? Thankfully, this video looks like it took place on the ground, but if it was airborne and someone started acting like that? Scary.

LOL, not to mention if anyone on the plane is likely to be covid+ and spreading it around it's the screaming nut without their mask on hanging off the luggage compartments!

13. purriwinkle

What makes you think I was referring to the woman in the video? LOL!;) *yank yank* lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Stealth

The Senate is looking very good. Democrats need to pickup 3 seats, which would have Harris breaking the tie to give the majority. Or to have a clean margin they need 4 seats.

Starting off though there will be one lost seat, Doug Jones in Alabama. He's a great guy and good Senator, but this is Alabama and he barely beat a pedophile a few years ago. So this is a -1.

Definite pickups:
    • Colorado: Former Governor Hickenlooper is up +7
    • Arizona: Mark Kelly has led the polling throughout and the average is +6

Solid:
    • Maine: Sara Gideon has consistently led in the polls since the summer. Maine is a quirky state, but I think they're as sick of Collins as the rest of us. +6
    • North Carolina: Cunningham has led throughout the polling +6

Tossup:
    • Iowa: It's trending in a good direction and Greenfield is up around +3
    • Montana: It's a statistical tie. Lucky that Governor Bullock chose to run here.
    • Alaska: A statistical tie too. Alaska is tough to poll, but it's looking like the races Begich ran here that were 1 point each. One he won, the other he lost. Biden is also within the margin of error against the Mad King here.
    • South Carolina: Tied too. It would be great to see that sycophant Graham lose
    • Kansas: Bollier the Democrat trails by only 2 here. It's doable because Kansans are getting sick of the Republican cult after Brownback. Just elected a Dem governor too

I know the two Georgia races are close, but there hasn't been recent history of Dems winning statewide races, and they've had some elaborate voter suppression effforts in the state.

15. Morgotha

All I can say is that if the Repubs look like they are going to lose the Senate, they'd better push through a SCOTUS judge *now*.

16. PepperAnn

GOD PLEASE let Graham lose.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Morgotha

How many people do you know that want to send government money to S. Carolina?

He sits on the Judiciary and Appropriations committees. He has the capability to funnel a lot of money to his state, and the person who replaced him will be a newbie and won't be able to send anything anywhere. Even if they don't like him it's in the best interests of his state to keep him.

The people of S. Carolina would be foolish to vote him out, IMO.

18. Stealth

After Trump losing I want that one the most, Graham. I'd bet he'd cry too during his concession speech. Unfortunately I think he'll hang on, but at least he's being made to sweat it out.

19. Stealth

My guess is that McConnell will push through The Handmaid's Tale lady in the lame duck session after November 3rd.

20. Stealth

Here's a good story shared by the pollster Frank Luntz yesterday. In January after he got out of a week long stay in the hospital following his stroke, he ran into Joe Biden. Luntz said, "He came over to me, and gave me the biggest hug. And he didn’t let go. Joe Biden is a kind man. He’s a decent man. He’s been through hell himself, on several occasions."

In normal times it's a small thing, but it's huge these days when there is such a lack of empathy and decency.

• Like Like x 1