Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 election AKA The Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Disgusting, isn't it? Some of it is "corporate greed", but a lot of it is that America in effect is subsidizing the world (Germany and Japan are in the same boat) for drugs and medical research. Something else to put on the backs of cancer patients.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

This surprises you or are you just being coy?

3. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I now have to pay $1500. before I can get my colonoscopy because I am considered pre-existing. (Work changed from Cigna to BCBS).
    Since I can not afford that, I am at risk of getting cancer again, because I can not get checked.

The truth is out there

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

See? Sickening.

5. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Pre-existing conditions are still covered through the ACA, since that is still in effect. Republicans have been trying to strip that coverage for a while now, but have failed each time.

6. Morgotha

It doesn't surprise me that he's claiming to be one with the black community, but in reality the difference between his life and that of someone who lives in poverty and really IS exposed to daily gunfire couldn't be more different. I find it conceptually offensive that he basically says, "because I'm black I understand all about living with gunfire". That's b.s.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Morgotha

8. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

9. Sharpie61

Apparently my insurance doesn’t partake in free screenings, as I have had to pay.
    And since we changed from Cigna to Blue Cross, I am considered a pre-existing. That means I have to pay up front, my full deductible before having the procedure.

The truth is out there

10. Sharpie61

The truth is out there

#390 Sharpie61, May 10, 2019
    Last edited: May 10, 2019
  11. Sharpie61

Well crap. It would seem I quoted myself, instead of editing myself.

The truth is out there

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Put down the cocktail Sharpie. :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

It's your LIFE. Have you considered applying for a federal job? I have never heard of pre-existing considerations within the various federal health plans.

https://www.usa.gov/government-jobs

https://www.job-hunt.org/federal-government-job-search/federal-job-search-process.shtml

14. Sharpie61

Or wait to comment, before fully waking up.
    I got to over heated working outside today, and fell asleep on the couch.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Sharpie61

I did qualify getting a job with the post office once, but because I had 2 young babies at the time and no one to help me watch them, I had to turn the job down.
    Do you think I should run for senate? ;):):D:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I would vote for you! You are kind and knowledgeable and you listen. You would have tons of staff already trained on how to do everything while you acclimate. :D

Meanwhile I tried to follow the links to find entry level jobs. They make it hard. Until you jump through their hoops and create a resume, they won't show the job descriptions. But if there is a federal building near you, you could go and ask if you can look at the bulletin board for job announcements. I presume they still have that in addition to the on-line stuff. It used to be required of them to maintain those bulletin boards.

This Florida job ranges from the lowest possible federal salary, GS-1 $21,672, up to GS-15, $157,663. You could land a pretty basic support job pretty easily, I should think. Because of the application dates, it looks like they are constantly looking for people to hire.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/515470400

I bet there are lots of entry jobs related to the space center near you.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Morgotha

Not to butt in to your personal business, but I would appeal. A lot of insurance companies start out saying, "no" just in general, but as far as I know covering pre-existing conditions is still the law. Start an appeal and don't let them get away with it. You're paying to have that service covered.

Edit: if it's just a deductible, you might be on the hook. When your yearly plan choice comes up, take one with a lower deductible and get the screening, assuming the added cost isn't more than the cost of the procedure. If you DO pay the deductible, go to every procedure you can during the calendar year.

Also, you may check around various hospitals/clinics, a lot of them have screening fairs that may have discounted rates on that type of thing.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. tink

tink Well-Known Member

https://www.hhs.gov/healthcare/about-the-aca/pre-existing-conditions/index.html

The ACA rules for pre-existing conditions is still the law. The GOP have tried to get rid of it but so far have not succeeded. You cannot be denied coverage or forced to pay more for a pre-existing condition. I'm not sure how your insurance company could even pretend this is OK, it's against the law.

19. Sharpie61

This is my bitch about insurance companies. Ever since they became for profit, they have been sticking it to the people.

The truth is out there

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Sharpie61

I can get the screening Morgatha. I just now have to pay for the deductible first. If I met my deductible from, let’s say, a hospital stay, then I could get the screening for what my portion ( 30%) I pay for. That was just over $500 the last time I had it, and they said I was cancer free. That was when we still had Cigna through work.
    I was suppose to get another screening last November and had the appointment all set up, when they called me and said that I needed to pay in full because BCBS said to them that I did not meet my deductible, which is $1500. BCBS is treating this as pre-existing.

The truth is out there