Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 election AKA The Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 3, 2019.

1. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

That's not what he's saying. What he's saying is that the current Dems have to go to the right as far as say... Obama. LOL that to you that means "Republican fanatic". I personally can't BELIEVE how far the left has lunged to the left in just a few short years.

Eh, at this point I'd rather have Trump remain in office than our current crop of Dems, so big picture - keep it up. Green New Deal, No Borders, Free Heath Care for Everyone (especially illegals), Free College for all (also for illegals) the whole enchilada! You can WIN with that! Keep it up!

3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Now I want enchiladas.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Morgotha

Me too! Just the word conjures up a picture of a steaming hot plate of enchiladas covered in red sauce and melted cheese and olives. A bit of a salad and some beans on the side (also with cheese ;) ).... Mmmm-mmm!

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I would prefer someone like Klobuchar or Castro but they're in the single digits. If I'm only faced though with a choice between Biden and a far left candidate I would have to vote for him. The last debates showed some movement in the polls so perhaps there is time for another candidate to emerge.

Next time they need to eliminate people like De Blasio, Williamson, Delaney, Swalwell, Yang, Ryan etc from the main debate. Let them all have their own night to shout at each other. There should be a single debate with Biden, Warren, Harris, Sanders, Booker, Buttigieg, Klobuchar, Beto, Castro and Gillibrand.

6. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Biden is currently the best bet to beat Trump, but he's very gaffe prone too.

Sanders and Warren would be likely losses due to their policy positions and other stuff in their records. These would be the candidates that the GOP would most like to run against.

I'm unsure about the electability of Harris at this point. Her flip flopping on abolishing private insurance is very bad. Only Sanders also favors that. Now she says it's not what she meant, but she's repeated this "mistake" three times.

The people advising Klobuchar should just have her camp in Iowa. Being from the midwest, this is the place she needs to do well,or she'll have to go home. It's probably the only way she's going to break into the media spotlight too unless she comes up with a gimmick at the debates. But she doesn't seem like that type of person.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Morgotha

Beto and Booker should go home as well. IMO neither has a serious chance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Morgotha

I wouldn't mind Klobuchar, understanding that she has anger issues, but she's probably not as lefty touchy-feely to be the Dems frontrunner.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Morgotha

Obama's DHS chief doesn't like the "open border" idea of the Dems. If you've lost Obama's people and CNN, maybe some of them will start backtracking on that now.

"
    candidates to cool their push to decriminalize illegal border crossings, saying such a move would be tantamount to “open borders” policy and lead to hundreds of thousands more people flooding into the U.S. every month.

“That is tantamount to declaring publicly that we have open borders,” Jeh Johnson told The Washington Post.

“That is unworkable, unwise and does not have the support of a majority of American people or the Congress, and if we had such a policy, instead of 100,000 apprehensions a month, it will be multiples of that,” he said."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ob...en-borders-push-warns-migration-would-explode

• Like Like x 1
  10. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

As much as I hate to agree about Beto I do. His energy and positivity is captivating but he's falling flat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I like Klobuchar a lot!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

No she is not nearly as far-left as a lot of the other candidates. Which means that she doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell.

Despite the fact that several polls show that America's Democrat voters want a more moderate figure to run against Trump; the party itself, prominent members of the party (many of the Presidential candidates), celebs and the media keep pushing for far-left candidates or people who support far-left policies.

lol fighting crazy with crazy seems like a logical choice..... on paper, but it's actually a horrible idea.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Morgotha

I think the reasonable people in the Democratic party are starting to wake up to how crazy things have become with the "no borders and everything free" candidates they have. It won't be easy for these folks to walk back what they've already said, so maybe what the Dems need is someone to come in and "save" them, like an old Blue Dog Democrat. That actually might work if they could survive their own party.

And then there's option B: Have Hillary run again. That would be my choice as my spleen hasn't gotten much of a workout lately. I'd like Al Gore to be her VP by the way, that would be icing on the cake.

14. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

The party as a whole don't really respect the old blue dogs anymore. Not many of them left anyway. A lot of Blue Dogs either aged out and retired or got voted out in 2010. Or they saw the writing on the wall and leaned more to the left for their own political expediency. The one's that are left are not going to be received well by the extreme base or by the MSM.

15. Morgotha

Welp, "Clinton-Gore" it is, then.

I can see their first argument:

HRC: "I wear the pantsuit around here, Al"

AG: "I invented pantsuits".

16. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I'd vote for She-Clinton/Gore just to see Gore back as VP and for the entertainment value of what would come with that.

I don't believe the 2-term limit thing applies to the Veep. Especially if the Veep will never have a chance of getting promoted. lololololol

17. Morgotha

My personal Gore favorite was when reporters found out his mansion had a $1200 a month electric bill he said it was actually "green" because he paid for carbon offsets for it.:rolleyes: Later, they discovered that he owned the companies he was paying for carbon offsets :rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Eh, I guess he's earned the right to have us overlook a few things, after all, he DID invent the internet :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

And I agree, I don't think there is a term limit for Veep, and I doubt he'd turn down the offer...

18. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I have a question that I get conflicting answers to.

Can a newly elected official nominate an ex president has their VP?

The 22nd Amendment says that a president can only be elected to 2 terms. Elected being the key word.

The truth is out there

19. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I would say no, because the Vice President has a chance of becoming President for any number of reasons, and that would violate the two-term limit of the president. And I don't think elected is a key word, that's just trying to get around the spirit of the law in a sneaky way, which to my mind makes it not justifiable and easily struck down.

20. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

From what I had read, that “elected “ part could be a loophole, as the 22nd states only about electing presidents.
    But, in the end, the judicial department would have to vote upon it.

This article explains it better then me
    https://hillreporter.com/could-joe-biden-pick-barack-obama-as-his-running-mate-in-2020-32771

The truth is out there