Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 election AKA The Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Thank you. I have idly wondered about this for years. I tend to think the Supreme Court would vote against it, but a reasonable argument can be made either way. Thus, it would be a perfect Supreme Court case. Or a bar exam question.

I don't think Obama would even want to be a VP. He doesn't have any of that mindset that he is the only one who can get things done. He has faith in the party. And the White House has already taken years off of his life. :p

It would also create a weird dynamic between the two of them. It would be easier for him to be the VP of a different presidential candidate, except that I can't see him doing it at all.

But this question is always interesting to mull over. I wonder if there are law review discussions on it.

2. Lindigo

3. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I isn’t like I would want this to happen. I was just curious if it could.

The truth is out there

4. Lindigo

Me, too. It's just an intellectually interesting thing to think about.

5. tink

tink Well-Known Member

And this is the guy we're supposed to believe is the only one who can beat Trump?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/05/politics/joe-biden-cnn-interview/

"He also said he didn't expect to be faulted on issues of race, given his record on civil rights.

"I was prepared for them to come after me, but I wasn't prepared for the person coming at me the way she came at me," Biden told Cuomo on Thursday evening in Iowa, adding that he felt that way in part because he knew Harris well and Harris knew his late son, Beau Biden, too."

^^Still unable to admit his position was wrong. Cannot believe someone who knew his son would confront him IN A PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE.

He even still talks about punching Trump. Not beating him in a debate, punching him.

6. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Biden's trying to appease too many people and succeeding with none of them. What he should have said was, "I AM against forced busing, I was then, and I am now. I'm all for *voluntary* busing of kids who want to go to a better district, but see no reason to force kids to go to a worse district.

• Like Like x 1
  7. tink

tink Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. tink

tink Well-Known Member

All the Democrats who drop out should immediately put in for the Senate if there is a chance to turn a Republican seat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

If a VP became president after the death or resignation of a president he or she could then still be elected twice to the office. So the flipside would work as well, filling out the remainder of a term. But I agree that if it became a legal issue it could go either way. I don't believe though that the amendment precludes it.

This sort of thing wouldn't interest many ex-presidents though. If you had a time of a great national calamity it would be good move to bring experience to the table and instill more confidence in the nation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Stealth

I really don't understand why so many people are running, particularly the ones who are just House Reps. How do they think they're going to get any traction in such a large field? Plus they just don't have the experience. The whole thing is bizarre.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Morgotha

They probably don't *really* want to run now, figuring that as an incumbent Trump will win reelection anyway, but are getting name recognition and experience for 2024.

13. Stealth

That's what I feel Buttigieg's goal was from the start, to get his name out there for the future, not just nationally but maybe even on the state side in Indiana. House Reps though just don't make the jump from district level to the presidency in the modern era. And with so many in this race it sort of defeats the purpose for them. The worst ones are the more recent candidates that jumped in like Moulton and Sestak.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yeah well, Trump went from reality show host to president. :p

(not saying I disagree, just making the obvious joke) :D

• Like Like x 2
  15. Morgotha

That's what @Jama was saying about AOC, and I think is a valid point. Now celebrity means something.

16. Morgotha

Well, what do you know? ANOTHER Democrat has entered the race for President, this one having enough money to finance their own campaign.

"
    WASHINGTON – Billionaire activist Tom Steyer is joining the race for the Democratic presidential nomination, reversing course after deciding earlier this year that he would forgo a run.

Steyer made the announcement Tuesday, casting himself as an outsider who will oppose what he calls "the hostile corporate takeover of our democracy."

The 62-year-old from California is one of the most visible and deep-pocketed liberals advocating for President Donald Trump's impeachment. He surprised many Democrats in January when he declared he would focus entirely on the impeachment effort instead of seeking the White House.

Since then, Steyer has said he's grown frustrated at the pace at which the Democratic-controlled House is approaching Trump.

Despite becoming a national voice on the impeachment issue, Steyer made no mention of it in his campaign announcement."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tom-steyer-2020-bid-reversing-course

17. PepperAnn

Ugh, AOC being president scares me. LOL

18. PepperAnn

Isn't he the one with those impeachment commercials?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Morgotha

I believe so.

20. PepperAnn

This is becoming a circus.