Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 election AKA The Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 3, 2019.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

That's what I thought. If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck.......He's also old enough and smart enough to know that independents siphon votes from the main candidate....we'll see if Schultz can run the distance but at this point he's only background noise.

2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

No worries. It can be a touchy subject however, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I don't either. He was an underdog of sorts against Clinton, who half the party despised. He doesn't have that same dynamic this time around.

Also, he's basically done nothing in his time as a Senator. Look at his record. I can't support lazy. Lol

4. tink

tink Well-Known Member

It's shocking how little he's done. I mean, all those years in office and he's basically done nothing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Yes, maybe so. There are lots of candidates who share most of Bernie's crusades, and this time he isn't the only viable candidate against an incredibly strong but unfortunately unpopular candidate. His age will work against him, too, although it seems he is one of those people who will always be sharp as a tack. I'm curious (and anxious) how he will do against Kamala Harris with California's new March primary (used to be in June).

I'm going to be very happy with whoever gets the nomination. (Thrilled if it turns out to be Bernie, of course.)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Get this.... Back when he was a part of some hippie commune or whatever, he didn't do anything of merit and he complained a lot, so they kicked him out! HIPPIES kicked him out.

Peaceful, loving, free-spirited hippies couldn't even tolerate the bum. It's like something out of an SNL skit. lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I've always felt like those free-spirited hippies were just as regimented and exclusionary as any other group, just in a different way, so them kicking him out doesn't surprise me.

For example, when is the last time you saw a hippie walking around in a business suit while the rest of them are in their shawls and beads? You don't. They have to wear the hippie uniform to be a part of the group.

LOL, besides, those drugs cost good money. Why would you let "Bernie Downer" hang around and ruin your high?

#87 Morgotha, Feb 20, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  8. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

That's probably why they booted him out.... He wanted all of the drugs to be equally distributed, but he didn't want to do his part with any of the work associated with keeping the commune functioning. lmao

I can see it now... Bernie's final pleas to the crowd before he's exiled....

Young Bernie: Now listen everyone! We can have all.... the free drugs. Everyone gets to drop the acid!! Not just the the people who wash... my underweahhh. If we all have the right to trip balls and hallucinate, then none of us will care about doing dishes or washing our clothes! Personal hygiene and cleanliness... is a state of mind. Nothing more! If I am high and I imagine that I am helping to prepare a meal for everyone, then I've basically done my fair share!!! Who's with me?!?!?!

Angry Crowd: Get the f*ck out of here. We hate you!

9. Morgotha

That sounds like ALL of them! LOL, not that I have any experience living on a hippie commune, but it seems hard to believe that the rest of them are saying, "no, YOU do the drugs, I want to dig the latrine, make dinner, wash the clothes, and plant the garden".

LOL, come to think of it, if you DID want to do all those things, why join a hippie commune in the first place and take care of a bunch of lazy adults? Why not just start a family of your own?

10. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Hey, did you hear about what happened when Amy Klobuchar announced in a press conference that she was running for President?

She said "I'm THROWING my hat into the ring" and then all of her staff members frantically ducked and ran for cover. lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The Democratic Party also doesn't usually go with the next person in line either. It's often new faces. Hillary was an exception, but it was partly due to the small field. Bernie would've been a fringe Ron Paul style candidate if another big name had challenged Clinton. And if Biden had jumped in the media would've focused all their attention on Joe vs. Hillary. They were salivating for him to jump in too and were a big part of those rumors in late 2015.

I was never comfortable with the whole coronation aspect of that Hillary run, and that was also I think represented in some of Bernie's vote. Even with that, and the anti-Clinton factor, he still only had 43% of the primary vote.

I think his only chance might be the caucus states where you have low turnout. But even there he has issues with Iowa. He needs to win in Iowa and New Hampshire early. At the very least he needs one of those. Problem is that Klobuchar will likely be strong in Iowa. Then she becomes a national story, and Elizabeth Warren is waiting to take New Hampshire away from him. He was incredibly weak in the south in 2016 and that's not changing.

Kamala Harris should be relatively solid in most areas of the country. Klobuchar will be regionally strong in the midwest, mountain and more rural states.

I don't see Gillbrand, Castro or Booker connecting with people in 2020. They might be just angling for VP slots. Booker bothers me. Something is off about the guy. He doesn't seem genuine.

I'm unsure how Warren is going to resonate with people. I'd put her inbetween the two above groups. Maybe she'll just have appeal in the northeast. But it's hard to gauge right now.

The one wildcard is Biden. I'd prefer to see him sit it out, but if he does get involved he could actually benefit in a larger field peeling off enough of the Obama coalition (particularly in the south where I think Harris will sweep if Biden sits it out). That would make it a jump ball with the top three candidates.

So right now my personal power ranking would be Harris, Klobuchar and then Biden in that order. Biden's path is very narrow though and he would need to run a perfect campaign and hope it didn't get down too soon to a one on one with him and Harris.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I think Klobuchar will be popular with more centrist voters, and those conservative voters who want to vote Democrat but have trouble with voting too far left. I think Klobuchar would actually make a terrific VP pick.

I like Harris. To me she has the most to offer for what it is I support. And it seems like Trump and the Russians are terrified of her. Can't stand Bernie. Don't really have any interest at ALL in Biden. Warren has some good policy ideas, as does Gillbrand, but both have a lot of baggage that could be used as ammunition against them. The rest of the field looks a bit like noise to me. All that said, I'll vote for whoever gets the nomination but if it's Bernie I will be screaming FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK inside my head for the whole time I'm voting and likely for several days afterward.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Morgotha

Harris wants to label herself differently than Sanders, but given that she supports the "green new deal", etc., what actual policies of hers do you like more than Sanders'? To me what they want is pretty much identical. Or do you just like her as a person more than Sanders?

14. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

At this point I am interested in Harris and Klobuchar. Watching.

15. Lindigo

I love Klobuchar. I'm all over the map. lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. PepperAnn

I think we all kinda are at this point. LOL I appreciate your devotion to Bernie though. :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Harris is going to get murdered (figuratively) when she starts getting asked tough questions. She stumbles and stammers worse than Obama did whwn he was backed into a corner.

Watch how she handled those questions about Jussie Smollett's lying about being a victim of hate crimes.

She bought his lies hook, line and sinker and went straight into "left wing narrative mode" before waiting to get all the facts. Then when it was revealed that he was a liar/attention seeker/drama queen.... she backs off and says that she's still waiting on all of the facts to come out. Lol. You gotta be kidding me!

She's going to get beat up on regarding her record as AG too. She better be preparing for that, for her sake.

18. Lindigo

I just want a nice, competent person. I think they all are. lol

But Bernie has my vote! Everyone has my heart.

• Like Like x 1
  19. PepperAnn

• Winner Winner x 1