Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 election AKA The Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Well, I feel better. $2.55 is what I got. And, yes, you are closer about what he spent, so I am guessing $255 for each vote is how his investment turned out. lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

He's an engineer, not a politico. He thought if he could show people a rational solution to a problem, people would see the wisdom of it and agree. Nope. That's not how people act.

• Like Like x 1
  3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Elizabeth Warren is ending her presidential bid but hasn’t given her endorsement to any of her rivals yet.

4. Morgotha

Yeah, she's in a tough spot. People lump her in with Bernie so she's not likely to get the backing of the Dem machine.

5. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Speaking of Mike Bloomberg and all that money he spent on his campaign (for nothing, lol)...

I am currently listening to a news/politics related podcast and the host just mentioned an absolutely amazing statistic.

All of our collective eyeballs pop out of our heads when we hear that Bloomberg spent half a billion dollars, right? But for him, that's virtually nothing.

If you take the ratio of what he spent on his campaign vs. how much he's worth, that would be the proportional equivalent of an average American spending around $2200 on a campaign.

MUST. BE. NICE. lol

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

:eek::eek::eek::eek:o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Morgotha

You bet! The man is worth 55 billion, so even if he put all that money into a CD at his credit union at 2% he'd still earn over a billion a year in interest, and I'd bet his money is earning a higher rate than that. He won't even miss that 500 mil.

LOL, I remember a Mike Royko column where he commented on talking with one of the big millionaires of the day and Royko asked him if he'd even notice if he had one less million than he did, and the man said, no, he probably wouldn't. Then Royko said, "well, I'd sure notice the extra million, so I could I have one you wouldn't notice was gone?" and the man said, "no". LOL, Royko was a gem.

• Like Like x 1
  8. purriwinkle

Yep. They wouldn’t miss one million but they don’t want you to have it
    either, lol.

#1548 purriwinkle, Mar 5, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Morgotha

A Bloomberg-money-math embarrassment for the NY Times and MSNBC:

"If someone had simply stopped and double-checked some math, they might have saved MSNBC’s Brian Williams and New York Times editorial board member Mara Gay some embarrassment Thursday night.

Instead, both Williams and Gay marveled on air in reaction to a Twitter user’s post about Mike Bloomberg’s campaign spending.

Trouble is, the post had gotten the math all wrong – yet neither Williams nor Gay seemed to notice.

The Super Tuesday evening post, now deleted, said: “Bloomberg spent $500 million on ads. The U.S. population is 327 million. He could have given each American $1 million and still have money left over, I feel like a $1 million check would be life-changing for people. Yet he wasted it all on ads and STILL LOST.”

“It’s an incredible way of putting it,” Williams gushed.

“It’s an incredible way of putting it. It’s true,” Gay agreed.

In reality, however, had Bloomberg divvied his advertising dollars among all Americans, the per-capita cash-out would have been more like $1.53 per person – not even enough to take a ride on New York City’s subway."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc...at-tweet-that-got-bloomberg-math-really-wrong

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Hasn't Brian Williams been a part of enough embarrassing moments? He should follow Chris Matthew's lead and "quit".

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Lindigo

$255 per vote is in the neighborhood of what I had intuitively guessed. Turns out my math was okay (whew) and it was my understanding of what he spent that was way off.

I'm delighted he has demonstrated that a presidential election cannot be bought with commercials.

12. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

No he needs to tweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. purriwinkle

14. purriwinkle

Could have gone in a couple different threads but I’m putting it here. Good for some laughs....

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Lindigo

16. purriwinkle

We’re joking about it but in all honesty, Trump’s gaffes have been much worse. Biden has his senior moments for sure but I would rather see the affable old geezer in the White House than the nasty geezer that’s there now. The VP choice might be important but unless it’s someone who is Sarah Palin terrible, it won’t have much impact.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Morgotha

Now Biden's brother is being looked in to for fraud. As is Biden's son. So, if Biden's son and brother committed fraud, that would make Biden... clean as a whistle?

A new report reveals legal problems and allegations of possible fraud involving former Vice President Joe Biden’s brother James, in the latest instance of the Democratic primary front-runner’s family members’ dealings drawing scrutiny amid his presidential bid.

According to Politico, James Biden’s business with medical companies – including Americore Health – has led to allegations that he potentially engaged in fraud and traded on his brother’s name, by claiming Joe was interested in the venture and the family name could provide opportunities.

“It was all smoke and mirrors,” former Americore Health executive Tom Pritchard told Politico. James Biden reportedly convinced Americore that he could use his political clout to deliver a significant influx of cash in the form of an investment from the Middle East, and even convinced the company to take on financial burdens including a six-figure loan to James that he has yet to repay.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bi...ily-ties-to-advance-business-interests-report

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

"We cannot get- re-elect... We cannot win this re-election. Excuse me, we can only re-elect Donald Trump.... (sentence continues after gaffe)"

~Joe Biden

#1558 Jama, Mar 9, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  19. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

The period was misplaced. There was more to the sentence.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Satisfied?

• Funny Funny x 2