Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 election AKA The Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 3, 2019.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Sorry @Lindigo but Bernie being the front runner really scares me. If ever we don't want Trump for a second term, Bernie doesn't need to be the front runner.

2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I think Biden would do a good job as President. That's not the same as saying he's likely to get the nod from the Democratic party which seems to want someone with a little more hard-left flair at present.

3. PepperAnn

Yeah which really shocks me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I don't honestly believe Bernie IS the front-runner. I think the front-runner is Harris. She has won every poll I've seen, and yet the news keeps reporting Bernie as out front.

Biden hasn't even officially announced, and when he was thinking about it is when all those women came forward.

For reasons only known to the media, Mayor Pete, Bernie, Biden and Beto are really the only candidates getting much press, despite all being woefully shy on ACTUAL policy statements.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Morgotha

I can't see Beto winning. He seems like a little kid in a room full of adults. Of those four I'd probably rank them Biden, Pete, Bernie, Harris, and Beto. I added Harris, btw.

6. PepperAnn

I really love Beto's energy though.

7. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I like Beto's energy, but what are his POLICIES? Other than let's be excellent to each other, I haven't see any coherent policy platform from him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Morgotha

What about his charity policy: "I don't really give to charity, but my work itself is doing charity"... yeah, maybe not.

9. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I won't have any sense of whether Bernie is seriously unpopular with the general populace until we are further along in the process. I think people would vote for Anyone Else before they would vote for Trump, but we'll see how it's looking. Maybe Trump will be seriously wounded by even the Fake Mueller Report and won't have the Republican party behind him. I know, not likely, but we are so early on right now, it's all foggy to me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I think at this point Trump could, like he said previously, shoot someone on 5th Avenue and Republicans would still support him. Hoping they will ever back away from that lunatic is a waste of time.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Morgotha

What exactly is "the Fake Mueller Report"?o_O

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. tink

tink Well-Known Member

The fake Mueller report is whatever Barr is releasing tomorrow. It is not the the full report, or even close to the full report. Reports suggest Barr will be redacting 50-70% of the actual report.

Although Giuliani and the Trump team is working on a rebuttal, even while claiming the Mueller report totally exonerates Trump. Not sure why you would want to rebut something that you also claim proves you are totally innocent, but it is Trump and Rudy.

13. PepperAnn

I am hoping, since Mueller is involved in the redaction process, that it will be pretty legit.

14. Morgotha

So IOW, Barr wasted his time releasing anything, since people are going to call whatever he does as fake? He should have stayed home and watched football all weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Yes, he should have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I do not often visit this corner of the forum so pardon the intrusion ;)

Have to say, Mayor Pete has my attention. Just from the wee bit that I have heard, read I like the direction he is traveling. I actually want to learn more about him.

Do I think he has chance? Hmmm probably not......YET. But I do think that if he does not pull the upset of the decade then he will at the very least be someone that will be a force to contend with in the years to come.

From February 2019

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I think he is someone worth my consideration. Someone worth my time to learn more about his scope of view. From the little bit I have gathered thus far I like what I hear

I do, however, need to practice pronouncing his last name :D

18. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I didn't mean those people. Yes, the Deplorables will vote for Trump, but I don't know if the Republican members of Congress would stand with Trump during the primary if the Fake Mueller Report brought forward new horrors. I can imagine professional politicians could be reachable under certain circumstances. Probably not, but I can imagine it. I could imagine a challenge by Kasich with hope.

It is only within the Democratic party that I imagine a determination to vote for Not Trump (the way you would vote for Bernie even though it would figuratively kill you).

19. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Oh gawd! @Dnae is posting in this thread now? That settles it, I'm out. JK, love ya, Dnae

btw, Petey's last name is pronounced like this.... "Boot-a-judge".

Think of it as an incitement to violence against certain members of our legal system. ;-)

20. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

In these debates, I hope someone calls him out for his lame "I'm rubber, you're glue" tactic that he uses as a token defense for just about every one of his policies.

Hey Bernie- You want more people to pay more taxes, why don't you pay more taxes?
    Bernie: Ahhh uhhmm uhhhh.... Why don't YOU pay more taxes?!?!?

Hey Bernie- You speak a lot about equality, equity and what's fair. Well the average American donates approx. 12% of their income toward charity, while the majority of people in your income bracket donate approx 21% to charity. Yet you donate under 5%. Why?

Bernie: Ahhh uhhhmmmm uhhhh errrrrr ahhhh..... Why don't YOU DONATE MORE MONEY TO CHARITY!!!

That's his comeback for every tough question.... Deflect and redirect. Just like a really good magician.

• Winner Winner x 1