Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 election AKA The Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Absolutely. It's too bad that this time the al
    Sure, makes sense to me. And from their perspective, regardless of whether or not they do anything, they'll still get paid for trying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Lofty goals indeed. Abraham Lincoln was one of our most interesting Presidents. He kept the union together which is only one reason he has his own memorial in DC. Becoming educated about the man, his beliefs and deeds can only be beneficial. Right?

As it stands today, young people, and old, lol, know so little about US history. I admit I only know the rudimentary facts I learned in school about many things. Delving in deeper about any person or period in US history is fascinating. That’s why I love PBS and Ken Burns.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Morgotha

Right, that was the Lincoln project that I read about. The one you and Purriwinkle cited is the other one, the one ending in ".us" not ".com". It is basically a PAC to get Trump out of office.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Morgotha

I read a biography on Lincoln when I was just kind of looking for something to read and was fascinated by his life. He's well worth the time, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I don't know about PACs, not politically astute enough, but, yes, that is why they exist, God bless 'em. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. purriwinkle

[​IMG]

I think she’s got it....lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Morgotha

Tlaib endorsed Bernie Sanders, but isn't endorsing Biden.

"Endorse Joe? Rashida Tlaib says no.

The Michigan congresswoman and far-left “Squad” member said this week she won’t back Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee for president.

“He hasn’t directly called me or anything, but no,” Tlaib told Newsweek magazine about a Biden backing.

“Right now I’m focused on my election, my constituents and my residents,” she added."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ra...iden-amid-tough-house-reelection-fight-report

8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Absolutely, sometimes you have to make strange temporary allies to defeat evil.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stealth

More good news for Biden. Tlaib is horrendous. I hope her primary opponent defeats her.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Morgotha

How do you reconcile your last two consecutive posts? One says you should accept allies to "defeat evil" and the next says it's a *good* thing Tlaib isn't supporting Biden because she's bad? Cognitive dissonance much?

• Like Like x 1
  11. purriwinkle

I don’t want to speak for Stealth but if she doesn’t want to support him, good riddance. Bernie’s not running. Maybe she needs to get over that besides her “baggage” could get a little heavy.
    If she changes her mind, Biden is the kind of guy, no doubt, who would welcome into the fold though.
    I don’t see any cognitive dissonance but an acceptance of finding help where you can get it and if you don’t find it? Meh.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Morgotha

Sure, I can agree with that.

13. purriwinkle

Additional news from the Guardian about the impact of the Lincoln Project...

“Some of these ads have an audience of one,” says Lenti. “That’s always been part of the strategy. Because every time he gets off message, spewing grievances, he’s not campaigning. The idea is to get him off message again and again and again. It bothers him. We hear from people inside the White House that he wants them to make us go away. But we’re not going away.”

Trump’s concern about the Lincoln Project has only helped to fill its coffers. After seeing Mourning In America, Trump stepped off Marine One and talked to reporters before boarding Air Force One.

“They should not call it the Lincoln Project,” he complained, after taking more potshots at its founders. “It’s not fair to Abraham Lincoln, a great president. They should call it the Losers Project.”

Instead of turning them into losers, Trump helped raise $2m for his sworn enemies. The group raked in more than $20m by the end of June, far ahead of its target of raising $30m by the end of the election cycle. Most of those funds came after Trump’s attacks in May, with small donors making up the bulk of its supporters: the average donation is around $50.

Now the group has enough funds to go after Trump’s supporters in tight Senate races. This week it placed its biggest ad buy – $4m in Alaska, Maine and Montana – as the expanded battlefield underscores its bigger goal.

“I don’t think this wing of the party is going away,” says Lenti. “Our job isn’t to reform the Republican party. Our job is to end Trump and Trumpism.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...project-donald-trump-republicans-campaign-ads

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

When you have left leaning and even far left news publications stating that The Lincoln Project is running impotent and pointless ads, that says a lot. Sure, true Trump haters who have already made up their minds are eating this stuff up, but I'm not sure if their salacious ads are going to resonate with an independent voter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. purriwinkle

Yes, the article makes that observation:

For Democratic ad-makers, the work of the Lincoln Project has earned their respect, even if questions remain about its impact. “The ads have struck a chord with progressives and activists who see the Project as validating everything we’ve been saying about Trump, but now being voiced by the people we usually campaign against,” said Jim Margolis, a veteran Democratic strategist and ad-maker for the Obama and Clinton campaigns. “The question is whether independent voters, moderate Republicans and white suburban voters will respond as well.

This independent voter (haven’t changed party yet) rather likes them.

Hmmmmm.......maybe I should make a donation...lol

• Like Like x 2
  16. purriwinkle

17. Stealth

The difference is she's not choosing to be an ally. She's not supporting Biden, so therefore the Lincoln Project people etc are more of an ally. In this instance someone is running a primary against her, so I hope that person wins.

18. Stealth

The ads are helpful because they go further than the Biden capaign would go in their attacks. It's money spent to damage Trump that isn't coming from the DNC. They might be riding the wave, but they're still part of it. One sign that Republicans find it damaging is that in recent weeks they've turned to attack the people in the Lincoln Project. They wouldn't be doing this if the punches weren't landing. Again, every little bit helps. Kasich's planned endorsement of Biden over the Mad King will help as well. It forms a chain of sanity that will eventually extricate this evil from the White House.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

20. Morgotha

• Funny Funny x 2