Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[205] Captive- Rate the flocker!!

Discussion in 'Episode 205 - Captive' started by Neuropyramidal, May 6, 2016.

?

Rate me!!

1. 10

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. Had me totally captiv-ated!

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. 8

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. I guess it deserves a captive audience

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  5. 6

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  6. 5

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  9. You'd have to hold me captive to watch this again!!

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Pretty action packed, with a few technical errors. Glad they didn't drag the hostage situation out for multiple episodes. The trade/escape sequence was a bit over the top. But overall, not bad.

3. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Pretty bad . Saw the Reed / Holly exchange gambit a mile away . Characters stereotyped right now. Chris developing, though. Alicia too much of a whiner like TV Andrea.
    Hope next week is better.

4. JFAN

JFAN Member

Not super but not half bad either. This season is turning much better than S1 for me....I gave it a 8.

5. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I really have to give this episode an 8 or 9. Really am enjoying this season so far and for me it is shaping up to be far better than season 2 of TWD was where they basically just spent the entire season sitting around the farm chatting.

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am still waiting for that episode that makes me say YES!!!!! While this was a good episode, I was still not given that "moment" I am waiting for. With that said I give this episode a high 7.

7. Mick Turpin

Mick Turpin Member

Glad people on here are enjoying it. thats great, but for me...What the hell is this show?! the producers took the same cheap/ easy option by spending a whole season at sea just as they did with the time jump, we're not actually seeing any of the breakdown/last survivors or even the zombies themselves! quite insane. The initial teasers promised the first stages of the zombie apocalypse but instead we're playing pirates at sea with strange non sensical hostage situations!
    its literally The O.C meets Waterworld

Totally disappointed was hoping for so much more.

#7 Mick Turpin, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
  8. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

Any reference to Waterworld gets a like from me.

9. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I really didn't get that 'Yes' feeling until about season 4 of TWD. Until then it was a fun show to watch and I was definitely interested in seeing what happened next but I don't ever think I thought 'man this is awesome' until just the last few seasons. I think Fear is along the same path.

10. Mick Turpin

Mick Turpin Member

funny enough my brother just said the same thing...looks like I should be revisiting Waterworld

11. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

8/10, captivating episode but I agree with the point that the show is lacking a sense of 'fear'. We're missing out on a lot of awesomeness by being stuck on the boat: we should be rid of it soon, to be honest. From a survivor's point of view the boat is great but as a television show it's kind of restrictive. I'm enjoying this season though - it's been solid so far. I will say I felt lie this episode didn't really have an ending. It would have been nice to see what happened to Alex.

12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

For me it was season 2 Nebraska. The birth of Rick MF Grimes!

13. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

That was my favorite episode the season. I really liked how every character was, and felt a lot of tension. Perfect 10 for the first time this season.

14. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

Pretty decent but I agree with the technical errors, a couple of which I had a hard time getting over.

Like others I (and my friends for that matter) are waiting for that YES moment. There is some potential there, but it sure seems like we are waiting a long time to see something... horrible, terrifying, ummm FEARful. Not enough zombies too overall. Yeah I get it they are on a boat, but even their land excursions have had minimal zombie action (except the crash site).

I gave it a mid/low 7. I really want moar!

15. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I gave it a 7. It was good, but there were some elements I disliked.

I thought the ease with which Alicia convinced Jack to help her was kind of unbelievable. Yes, he's a horny kid and wants to get a piece, but he clearly also had a lot of respect and admiration for Connor. It seemed like he gave in to her a bit too easily.

The whole scene with Cassandra and Travis was kind of corny and made no sense. She gave away the Abigail to them and requested that they bring Travis back? Why? What was she going to do? Go in there and torture him or something? That didn't really work for me.

Overall I felt that it was pretty good though.

16. conorbhoy1967

conorbhoy1967 New Member

Don't underestimate the hornyness of a young lad, haha.

17. Balthazars

Balthazars Member

Just seen this episode on my bingewatch...season 2 is better than season one so far....its perfectly watchable...but twd or lost it isnt

.Erratic and poor character writing so far,lousy action sequences.....and Connor...ah....yes connor who everyone spoke of in reverential tones and his "psycho" brother ....were about as threatening as a bowl of pasta....i knew they would be roadkill by episode end..are we really supposed to beleive "connor" got all these people to do his bidding as a convincing gang leader?...i think cooking steak is all he was good for......and heard the one about a prxck called alicia? Who got a teen girl crush and nearly ended up getting her entire family and everyone she ever cared about killed...but still asked where her abductor was 5 minutes after meeting him before she asked where her being held captive dad was......i beleive the American expression is go figure...

So far altho very watchable not impressed by this show..the set is a horrible orange all the time.....no real tension so far...poorly constructed....even in a ZA the script is unbeleivable (mild mannered travis who mexican but than becomes samoan becomes a hard man and expert mma fighter within 2 minutes who even with his hands tied can see off two goons with headbutts aving een blindfolded for an hour....strand and abigail its just tokenysm seeing two big burly middle aged gay business men goin all leo and kate....its like no one else has done it lets do it...and ..salazar being so confident leading a herd so early just a week after the ZA began .in reality it should have been pee pee pants city...the american military being so useless....its all contrived crap that could have been done better with the lead the first season of twd gave ....and the teary "character"monents dont work so far its all forced and cheesy.....so far i dont give a rats arse about any of them.....nick is the only cool character u can admire.....the whole 24 year old tied to mommas apron strings is annoying tho.....still big thing going for it is.....its watchable and its linked twd!

#17 Balthazars, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 16, 2017