Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

3 Graves No Bodies

Discussion in 'Episode 305 - Say The Word' started by PepperAnn, Nov 12, 2012.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

This is bugging me. Why go to the trouble of digging three graves when you dont have ONE body? And what exactly is IN those graves? Their clothes and belongings?? I understand if they need some type of memorial site, but erect a cross and put some flowers around it or something and call it a day....I just didnt see the point in digging actual graves and then refilling them again.

2. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I think T-Dog is in his grave.

3. Pharris

Pharris Member

Tdog's remains are most assuredly in the grave. The other two are probably empty. You have to understand that just because we, the audience, know that Carol probably got away, and that Lori was most probably eaten by the walker, the characters on the show aren't privvy to that information. They know who is missing, they know who is dead, so they dug the graves, assuming they would find (or atl least hoping they would find) the bodies of their fallen members.

4. PepperAnn

Yeah I thought about that after posting....they killed the Walkers that were eating him in time to still have SOMETHING to bury.....but still.....the others....

5. PepperAnn

So they waited for all of half a day and then just filled them back in? Doesnt make sense.

6. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

When a soldier gets blown apart in war graves are dug for them. We as a society dig graves for our fallen even when there isn't anything or very little to put in them.

7. Pharris

Pharris Member

People like to do that. As said just above this post, soldiers who are not found but presumed dead get burials (with empty graves) same thing for most people with loved ones who die and never recovered. Just a headstone makes more sense practicality wise (wasting time and energy to dig a grave) but emotionally, people like to know there is something there, even if its just an empty coffin or a trinket of some sort. My guess is that they buried a few of Carol's belongings there, perhaps that headscarf, maybe sophia's doll (if they didnt bury it with walker Sophia back at the farm)

8. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

T-Dog's remains were likely buried and they were expecting to also have Carol and Lori's remains. As we now know, Lori really has no remains left and Carol is probably still alive. So two graves for nothing, really. Although Lori's will likely be used as a sort of memorial or sign of respect.

9. PepperAnn

I didnt have a problem with the "ready and waiting" graves for Carol and Lori.....but when Daryl came up to put the Cherokee Rose on Carol's grave.....it was filled back in! I guess people are impatient in the ZA.

10. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Have they even looked for Carol yet? I guess nobody cares about her lol, not even Daryl.

Having them assume she is dead seems out of character for the group.

11. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Andrea, anyone? :zombies_lol:

12. Skullberry

Skullberry Member

I coulda sworn Nicetero , during talking dead said that there were 3 graves and 2 bodies. he then made an uncomfortable face....???.

could oscar and axel have buried a dead (?) walker just to put something in her grave? did glenn totally walk away and leave them to finish? If carol is really dead they messed up royally. someone did mention carol's knife in the next ep trailer.

13. Pistachio

Pistachio Member

I got the feeling that Glen was checking the walker's faces when he was looking for Rick. Not just examining whether they were dead-dead but also seeing if they were Carol?

Filling in the grave after a day is silly though.

14. Navygunz75

Navygunz75 Member

Usually when theres something that doesn't make sense like this they usually explain the next episode or so. I think next week we will have answers to why there were three graves dug, and filled back in.

Not a spoiler, just pure speculation here. I can see a scene where they find carol (alive or undead, who knows) and Glenn say something to the effect of "damn, I guess we better dig your clothes back up, sorry". Ok, I guess they wouldnt say that if she were a zombie, but you get what I'm saying. It'll be explained, though no telling if it may be subtly or if a big point is made out of it.

15. yangxai

yangxai Member

digging carols grave after having her missing for 30 minutes is just stupid. Sophia was gone for a month and they didn't dig a grave for her.

16. Shelleyr89

Shelleyr89 Member

Funerals

Forgive me if someone else has already brought this up but don't you think it's weird that they went to the trouble of digging three graves but no funerals? Did I miss something? Daryl walks over to Carol's grave and places the flower down and it looks like a fresh grave. Our group doesn't do funerals anymore? What happen to we bury our family members we don't burn them? Did they just give up on that idea?

17. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Re: Funerals

Yeah maybe that is coming still, but it's a good point. They normally do have a funeral type of event.

It must be coming still.

18. Shelleyr89

Shelleyr89 Member

Yeah, I guess we will just have to wait and see. I would think they can squeeze in a funeral somewhere next Sunday.

19. Navygunz75

Navygunz75 Member

I would think they would want Rick around for any kind of funeral. He's been...elsewhere.

They just needed to have another Daryl moment. As if the baby wasn't enough, now the flower on the grave. Dixons Vixens everywhere are wringing their panties out right now.

20. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Haha...yeah Daryl has quite the following.