Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

4-12 Sneak Peeks and Promos

Discussion in 'Episode 412 - Still' started by Tony Davis, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

2. sneakyboo

sneakyboo Member

Isn't the house that Daryl and beth enter the same house that Ricks gang left with the bandits getting attacked by their zombie friend..... Daryl and Beth get attacked by the group that have all turned to zombies.
    These two seem to be well behind the others... maybe they went one direction and then circled around to find the rest, so it will be a while before they met the rest, that is if they survive.

Going by the episodes it seems the Carol/Tyreese group is first to the railway tracks and Ricks group is second so I expect them to meet soon enough... Beth and Daryl will probably meet with them next, unless the meet with Maggies group... but I doubt Glenn/Abraham group will meet the rest for a good while unless they find a car or something soon coz they are now three hours past the bus.
    However I could be wrong.... glens group could be already past the rest and the closest to Terminus and may meet Carols and Ricks group first leaving the other groups to branch off and stay separate till later on.

3. chantal7

chantal7 Member

Can someone explain to me what "shipper bait" is????

4. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

"Shippers" are people that want to see certain charaters get togeather on the show. Like all the fans that want Daryl and Carol to start a relationship. Shipper bait is a scene that gets their hopes up or over excites them. Like Daryl and Beth getting into that trunk together.

5. Dead Fan 13

Dead Fan 13 Member

If 4x12 is only Daryl and Beth, which I personally don't mind, that would mean that there will be a 2 episode gap between when we last saw Maggie and her group. I'm not sure I like that, almost makes it seem like they don't have much for them to go for in these final 6 episodes.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that everyone will reunite, except Daryl and Beth? (at least not till the 5th season). Both are characters not in the comics so whatever they do is completely unexplored territory and it seemed as if they both went in the opposite direction of 'Terminus' anyway. At first I hated to think they wouldn't reunite but it might be interesting...sorta like how Andrea was on her own at the end of Season 2 and didn't see the group again till most of the way into Season 3.

6. annaflyte

annaflyte Member

I agree. If I interpreted their earlier scenes right, I think they went the opposite direction from Terminus. They went the wrong way. We might not see them with the rest of the group for a long time. Honestly I think it would be great for both their characters. Daryl could get some time away from being the infallible zombie destroyer of the group, Beth can develop properly, they can find new places, we can get Daryl's backstory, etc. In an interview they said Daryl is going to be teaching Beth different survival tactics in this next episode. Why would they do that if they plan to kill her off soon? Or even if they planned to meet up with the rest of the group again and shes going to go right back to being the den mother? I think youre right. They are going to be doing their own thing for a while.

Only time will tell though. This could be a set up to lead us to accepting Daryl's death for all we know. Also a lot of people are hoping Beth becomes Andrea from the comics.... if she spends 6 months roughing it with Daryl I think that becomes a lot more possible..

7. ctx1769

ctx1769 Member

8. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Don't worry, if she dies you can come over to the Andrea thread and mourn

9. Willzy123

Willzy123 Well-Known Member

I really hope this episode isn't just Daryl and Beth. Carol returned 2 episodes ago, and if she doesn't appear next episode, it's like she has disappeared again....

10. filthyastronaut

I feel like if Carol isn't in this episode, they absolutely need to include her in every remaining episode of the season. Her story this season is extremely interesting--it does interesting things for her, Rick, Daryl, Tyreese, Lizzie, and Mika. I don't think her absence was a misstep because of this, but they really need to give her a relatively significant spotlight in the rest of the season. I have a feeling the episode after this will have Carol and Tyreese's group as well as Maggie's group, and Rick's group will meet up with Carol's at the end. With only 4 more episodes after this next one, people should probably be meeting up a little.

11. annaflyte

annaflyte Member

The wikipedia article explains shipping pretty well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shipping_(fandom)

Honestly all it takes for ships to form is like, ONE scene that can be twisted around to be romantic. In the case of Daryl and Beth, most of this started in that episode where she hugged him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bOFR7PDsZ8

^ Thats all it took. Its shipper "bait" because any time 2 characters hug, are alone for extended periods, climb into trunks together, its just ASKING for fanfiction to be written about them. It gets people riled up into making up scenarios where they would be romantically involved. Ships form quickly and then people talk about the characters constantly.

The people in charge clearly know about the following Daryl and Beth have because they addressed it in an interview once. So it feels like they are doing this on purpose now. I mean, what OTHER characters in the show of opposite sex have "accidentally" climbed into a trunk together? If Daryl and Carol were doing that, people would be even more excited. They are piling on the shipper bait on these 2 for whatever reason.

#51 annaflyte, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  12. Natta

Natta Member

Yup, The shipper bait is definitely being piled onto Beth & Daryl, people who don't ship them can't even deny it. I really like Beth/Daryl so personally i'm hoping it's there to lead to an eventual romance between the two, why else would they be piling it on these two so much. Unless the writers are just doing it for the lolz

13. Scalemail Ted

Scalemail Ted Member

haha, reminds me when community made fun of this with the Pierce/Abed slowmo scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97jKTZLVLkA

14. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

Lovin " hunter gatherer" style Daryl. Beth doing homemaker stuff with mirror tech it's kind sweet. Reminds me of Rick and Michonne in the kitchen of therir "home" that has been invaded by bandits. I Blame the ZA for the breakdown of domesticity and family life.

15. THIMCA

THIMCA Member

I'm just gonna sit this one out, EK is the worst actor on the show (and that's saying a lot) and I like Daryl as a side character, who bounces off Rick, not the one doing the heavy lifting cause Beth can't do jack!

16. SurvivalBuddy

SurvivalBuddy Member

Did you all read the synopsis AMC gave for the episode? Something about an enlightening mission? Sorry if it's been mentioned recently.

This sounds more like something to do with Abraham and Eugene but from the promos it doesn't look like they're in this episode.

Perhaps the mission is to find a 'safe place' since Beth keeps going on about it.

#56 SurvivalBuddy, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  17. HeadlessHershel

Beth and Maggie need to die so they can be with Hershel.

18. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

moved, needs stickied [MENTION=4329]legendx66[/MENTION] [MENTION=3700]H5N1[/MENTION]

19. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Darryl comes back with rattle snake and tells Beth that he got bit and she has to suck out the poison. She asks where I dont see any bite. He chuckles to himself. She is so naive.

20. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

These previews show TWD returning to the TERROR of the ZA. Darryl's arrows are rotting!! OMG- now what will he do to survive? Hiding from a walker heard in a battered trunk at night? Don't try to tell me that isn't terrifying.

The last episode returned to the subject of the terror of raping/looting/murdering sadistic maurauders during the ZA and Rick's ingenuity in escaping it. That was the best part of the show, by far.

So, yeah!! Bring this on!