Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

4-12 Sneak Peeks and Promos

Discussion in 'Episode 412 - Still' started by Tony Davis, Feb 23, 2014.

1. TheGreatOnion

TheGreatOnion Well-Known Member

I blame society.

2. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

hahaha - haven't heard that old joke in a while.

3. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

It reminds me of Caddyshack II. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

4. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

That's right, I thought the old 'snake bite/suck out the poison' joke was parodied in a movie, just couldn't remember which one! That was one of the very few funny scenes in that movie btw.

5. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

Haha. I thought the farting horse was hilarious when I was five. I guess it's still funny? It is a farting horse, afterall. But yeah, that movie is completely awful.

#65 SFA, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  6. annaflyte

annaflyte Member

Check out this promo for 4B that we already saw. There are scenes here that are for sure going to be in this next episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3KJiQN0hWI

We see Daryl running through a graveyard shooting and beating someone with his crossbow saying "im not afraid of nothin", and Beth calmly walking in front of a burning building as if she set the fire herself(lol).

Key point: She says at the end "Youre gonna to stay who you are" and then "Not who you were". I assume this was to Daryl and I assume we finally get his backstory this episode! Or she could just be talking about how he was a racist douchebag with Merle when we first met Daryl. Either way, we can infer he was sharing some insecurity about ending up that kind of bad person again and she is trying to tell him that he is "who he is now" and hes not a bad person.

Way I see it we have a few things that could happen.

1) Beth has that long conversation with Daryl about his past and how he is a good person and not "who he was" and she convinces him and his character does NOT regress. He gets over his crisis about losing everyone maybe after a close call with Beth nearly dying. They escape together against all odds and the viewers feel good. Beth becomes stronger and a bigger character after this.

2) Beth has the long conversation and then she dies (possibly his fault somehow) and he totally regresses to whatever bad past he might have had with Merle because she was the last bit of optimistic/naive humanity left as well as in his mind, the last living member of their group and now shes dead. So he doesnt know how to cope with the whole "tired of losing people" thing that he mentioned in the first episode of this season.

3) Beth has the long conversation with Daryl and then dies anyway, and he takes what she said to heart and does NOT regress, and vows to find the rest of his group and never to **** up again. Beth's death is what finally convinces him not to give up and he does not let her die in vain.

Based on what she said in that promo we can pretty much be sure that she is going to be incredibly important to Daryls character development now. Im not sure which way is more likely at this point. Any guesses?

or Daryl grabs her and passionately makes love to her in a fit of insanity while the house burns down around them. oops did i say that outloud?

#66 annaflyte, Feb 27, 2014
  7. Natta

Natta Member

I like this outcome the best. But I seriously Don't think Beth is going to die, not for a very long time. I think she will become a stronger and bigger character after this, or at least is on her way to being one.

8. TyberiusFox

TyberiusFox Well-Known Member

That promo of Beth and Daryl climbing into the trunk gave me the shivers...

Not in the shipper shiver sense, but it was kinda freaky. Whatever they tied the trunk down with did not look sturdy.

9. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Yeah me too, there was that little gap in the trunk where they could just see shadows. Looked like a rag or something that he tied.

'shipper shiver sense' can you say that 3 times in a row?

#69 jj_vsp, Feb 27, 2014
  10. Scalemail Ted

Scalemail Ted Member

They did good job conveying a creepy, haunting atmosphere in these promos. Hope the entire episode has that kind of vibe.

11. SurvivalBuddy

SurvivalBuddy Member

I hate the way Beth is all talk no action. Constantly lecturing other characters. It suited Hershel's character to be the voice of wisdom but it's just irritating coming from her. Maybe that will change this episode. I wonder if they get separated fighting off walkers and both thinks the other is dead. Bit to similar to Glenn and Maggie's storyline. It'd be cute if they played it like Beth had a crush in Daryl and he doesn't know what to do about it and just ignores it.

12. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

The first episode ever to feature only non-comic characters

13. SurvivalBuddy

SurvivalBuddy Member

what at about the Bandits? They were in the comics. Or do you think that group is only loosely based on them?

14. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

It's only

15. SurvivalBuddy

SurvivalBuddy Member

Gosh that'll make for an intense episode, it's sink or swim for both characters

16. chantal7

chantal7 Member

Wow very cool - had no idea there was actually a term for that kind of thing. I didn't read the whole wiki site, but the beginning paragraph. This goes deep! lol. I wonder if they'll bring such romance into the show. Thanks for clearing this up :)