Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

4-15 Promos and Sneak Peeks

Discussion in 'Episode 415 - Us' started by Tony Davis, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

I'd watch that.

2. Roray

Roray Member

I know right? LOL

3. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

I just hope he lightens up a little on the extra heavy growling of his lines he has been doing lately.

4. MainEvent

MainEvent Member

Says the guy with Tyreese as his profile picture.

5. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

Tyreese is more of a whisper growling but it gets on my nerves too. I also dislike his way too earnest speeches and mannerisms too. I just like his beard and hat. In the winter, I look like a white Tyreese. lol

But Daryl's growling of every line has been jarringly over the top since the prison. I wonder if the directors told him. Needs More Growl!

6. MainEvent

MainEvent Member

I guess you're right, Tyreese does more of a whisper. In the last episode this got a bit annoying to me. I understand that he has been through a lot and seeing the whole Lizzie-Mika situation play out has to be traumatizing, but I couldn't understand 90% of the things he said. It was just all growls and whispers from him.

That's pretty much the only thing that annoys me about the show, the way some of the characters talk. Daryl and Tyreese especially but I often need to rewind lines from Carl, Michonne, sometimes Beth and The Governor when he was still around.
    I'm not a native English speaker but I have to say that I barely have a problem understanding people who speak English or watching TV shows without English subtitles. I've been living in the States for 2 years now and studied English for 6 years in high school. When it comes to watching TWD though, I often have a hard time understanding some of the characters..

Edit: A white Tyreese huh? I'd be lying if I said I'm not a little intrigued by that. Picture? lol

#86 MainEvent, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  7. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

I am a native English speaker and I have to turn up the volume on some of these characters to hear them! Ty's forgiving talk with Carol was definitely one of those times.

And the white Tyreese was a joke my son said over the winter when I grew my beard out and was wearing a stocking cap. I told him I was going for the Hershel look (because my hair and beard are white) and he said 'You look more like an all white Tyreese" lol

8. annaflyte

annaflyte Member

They have southern accents. Anyone not a native speaker would have issues and probably some native speakers from northern areas too. I personally love their accents because I sound like that myself. I love it. Usually TV shows use that accent for comic relief hillbillies or just ignore it, tone it down, etc. TWD having accents makes me so happy.

9. Shadow

Shadow Member

I'm not a native speaker, but I mostly understand them quite well. Only when they speak quieter or are whispering it starts to become difficult for me, maybe because of the accent. I don't know...