Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

412 "Still" Complaints and Criticisms

Discussion in 'Episode 412 - Still' started by jwcoombs, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Silky

Silky Member

Can't imagine that someone who's never had a drink all of a sudden feels the need to, like knows what it means to have a drink. Beth was looking for some type of feeling this drink was going to bring her. If you don't know your reaction to a drink what's the point thinking you need to have one?

2. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Speaking from experience, Beth had a recovered alcoholic for a father. Which means when she was younger he was a full blown drunk, who knows just how bad. And when you grow up watching that day in and day out, it's at a rather young age that you develop a pretty damn accurate idea of how inebriation feels, what that feeling can be used for as well as a complete understanding of how and why one "drowns their sorrows".

3. The_Not_So_Dead

Besides the crazy good alcohol tolerance of Beth (first-time drinker - believe me when I drink 2 bottles of mix-drink I get a bit tipsy as I hardly ever drink alcohol (one glass at New Year) so kudos Beth!) :Grin: and Daryl (who probably didn't drink enough wine in S1E5/6? to become "a mean drunk" but instead was happily tipsy), I thought that the scene when they got out of the trunk could've been with a bit more - I don't know - rubbing or shaking their legs or even getting out with a bit more diffilcultly then they did. Since even if they were only in the trunk a few hours, I think your legs and your bum would hurt or the muscles in your leg would be stiff which doens't make for smooth movements when climbing out of it.
    But maybe they're just more spry then I am :zombies_lol:

4. The Idle Living

The Idle Living New Member

Episode 412 proof of TWD morphing into a moneycow?

The lack of significant content in this past episode is making me believe this show is morphing into a moneycow with more useless content to make just for the sole purpose of making them to roll in more money to keep this show going as long as possible, even though there will be lack of important material and just adding more useless ****ing shit.

5. TyberiusFox

TyberiusFox Well-Known Member

I don't know man, I was looking forward to learning more about Daryl's past and I feel like I got what I was hoping for. Not sure about the useless content. I saw scenes with a good amount of personal growth, concepts about humanity's struggle with differences, and more that I found interesting. What was it that you were looking for?

#225 TyberiusFox, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  6. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Yes spending time developing strong characters and giving them backstory as well as exploring their emotional state, purpose and motivation is the same as releasing whatever for some quick cash.

7. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

Lazy writers just never seem to come up with significant content.

8. MustardMan

MustardMan Member

you people and your "this episode didnt have enough zombies/shooting/explosions" complaints. go watch steven seagal movie you know that one where he snaps a lot of necks

9. The Idle Living

The Idle Living New Member

Character developement, you mean a bad past and rough childhood that we already kinda knew he had and now it takes an hour to tell us what we already know and that isnt useless content and is not a sign of being a money cow??

#229 The Idle Living, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2014
  10. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

11. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

Needz moar tank battlezz!!!

12. BatmansHooker

[​IMG]

13. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

It's more like a 'MoneyPig' to me.

14. BatmansHooker

I've never met a wealthy cow personally

15. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Yeah, those poor cows keep getting milked for all they got.

16. 1618

1618 Well-Known Member

People seem to be already forgetting season 3, where the main plot could be fit into 3 episodes instead of 16. This season is developing characters to best extent since season 1. Don't worry, I am sure we will get the recycled group fighting plot with some zombie fodder next season.

17. BatmansHooker

That must be why cows look so sad all the time.

[​IMG]

18. Chaos

Chaos Member

Accusations of lazy writing results from lazy thinking.

Writing character development and interaction like this is much more challenging than explosions and gore.

19. MustardMan

MustardMan Member

ive never met one either, but i've looked into it and there are rich cows apparently..thats right

http://prntscr.com/2y213a

smiling, throwing around their cow money like its nothing, it's crazy

20. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Yes, those cows and their $ true it may be, but I still believe it is more like a 'money pig' because they're always living 'high on the hog' you know...bringing home the bacon.