Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

412 "Still" Complaints and Criticisms

Discussion in 'Episode 412 - Still' started by jwcoombs, Feb 26, 2014.

1. La Marquesa

La Marquesa Member

yes, i have been waiting for them to do it since season 3.

2. BrainDeadWalker

BrainDeadWalker New Member

I quite liked this episode and it was interesting to discover more of who Beth is (I'm liking her character development)
    my only complaint is I didn't get to see any of Rick, Carl & Michonne :(

3. tallahasseehero

Overall I liked the episode, but I feel like them burning down the cabin kind of cheapened the horror of the situation they were in. Oh look at our teenage angst. The show has tried to create this tension that danger is constant, if not from zombies than from people. But I guess the zombies arent that dangerous since Beth and Daryl can burn down a house and just run into the forest in the middle of the night.

Not to mention I do not think either of them saw the Governor get killed so for all they know he still has people out there.

4. GreenArrow2014

GreenArrow2014 New Member

A really good episode, but one thing that bugs me: aside from the moonlight, how can Beth and Daryl see where they are going at night (especially in the beginning of the episode)?

5. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

I loved this episode tremendously. Despite it being a stand-alone episode that didn't advance the plot at all, I still feel like they set-up someones death.

6. theNextmrsGrimes

theNextmrsGrimes Active Member

We only get 16 episodes per season, and they waste one on crap like "Still."

One of the worst episodes so far. (IMO)

They could have killed two birds with one stone - make it half Beth and Daryl, and half Maggie's group. That way the next episode will have Rick and co. in it, making it somewhat interesting.

If they made an episode like "Still," at least throw in a gratuitous sex scene between the two.

7. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

My only complaint is that the episode was only an 8 instead of a 10.

8. HeadlessHershel

This episode was better than I thought it would or could be but the music at the end was lame and added nothing to the scene. If anything it ruined the scene and just about the whole show for me—it was that bad. lol I realize they can't afford John Williams but TWD should stick to music without lyrics after this debacle.

9. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

I'm undecided about this ep. I'm disappointed they started the fire, a symbolically powerful but stupid and unbelievable thing for Darly especially to do. Ok so Beth, understandably wants to experience being drunk before she dies, but the middle of the ZA ain't the time, and Daryl follows along like he always did with Merle? I don't buy it, "Durrr, ok Beth lets risk our lives so you can get some booze and a clean blouse, sure no problem".
    Bethannoyed me slightly less this time, but I think Daryl stole it. He could've just jumped on Beth she was so flirting with him but he did'nt , which I'm glad for, what happened, or didn't happen was more interesting. The little bits of info about his past make me think he went to prison for something very serious the kind of offence that you wouldn't want anyone to know about, (some of his dialogue was vey ambiguous), which explains why he wouldn't take advantage of drunk flirty Beth, despite her trying so hard. I got the feeling that of the two characters, she's the one with a plan where he's concerned.
    I think she's dying soon which will be sad for Daryl who I think has more or less noble intentions towards Beth. Another emotional loss could push him back into the life he wants to leave behind, unless he meets up with Carol or Rick etc.
    i didn't hate, hate , hate this episode .I just think it stalled the overall plot momentum, unless what we learned in it is pivotal for later episodes, which i believe, then it makes sense and is more than 'filler'.

10. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I had moonshine for the first time over the summer, and i really liked it...whoever made it flavored it by putting cinnamon sticks in it. It was very delish.

11. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

It's certainly difficult, but it's obvious they were being chased by a zombie horde, so they had no choice.

12. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

I'm starting to find those commercials more annoying than the ones for the comic book idiots, which I didn't think was possible.

13. duttydva

duttydva Member

seriously though.. this. i was hoping for more flashback moments in this second half! and dare i say that Michonne's "flashback" did not count at all because it was technically a dream. c'mon dawg, no foolin' me.

14. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

I kind of hated it sorry. I don't like Beth which probably didn't help things, so 40 odd minutes of her was a chore. It really could have been a 5 minute thing. Them sat round the fire eating snake, Beth suggests a 20 questions about themselves yes or no answer game 'cus they gone die anyway', Daryl agrees begrudgingly.

After all that I was at least hoping that Daryl would reveal something shocking about him or his past like he had killed someone or was gay or something shocking that Beth would shrug off and say hey it don't matter now 2nd chance. Cue a change in Daryl's attitude as he realises the weight of that secret he had been carrying around really didn't hold much weight or meaning any more.

The episode felt like they were building to something, sex being the obvious thing, but really nothing became of it, not even a saucy revelation.

15. duttydva

duttydva Member

think this went through all of our minds lol, and that's why they're going to be in the shitter this upcoming Sunday!

16. duttydva

duttydva Member

LOL no Mountain Goat fans for miles around here? i actually enjoy that band though so i'm biased i suppose. brings me back to the Moral Orel dayzzz

17. DreadSi

DreadSi New Member

Regarding secksual relations between Daryl and Beth - it aint gonna happen. He is saving hisself for Carol.

18. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

Not to be mean, but it sounded like nails on a chalkboard.

#178 Kingston50, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  19. DeadDreams

DeadDreams New Member

It's one of the worst IMO as well. Lazy writers and cheap production is sending this show down the toilet quickly. I get it that they're saving their money for special episodes, but honestly this type of filler eps are a waste of our time. I should have watched the Oscars. There was more horror in that I bet.

20. Jpeace

Jpeace New Member

Pretty much a waste of an ep. and now I have to wait all week to see if I get my fix that keeps me hanging on and waiting. Its not that I hated it at all. It was ok and not the worst ep but seriously. We get Darryls back story and surprise.....he was exactly who he is now. A pissed off redneck that wasn't doing much of anything. Another surprise character back story. Beth was a squeaky clean little girl who hadn't done anything. All we got was confirmation that they are what we figured. No shockers to talk with friends about today.