Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

43 Refugees

Discussion in 'Episode 213 - Date of Death' started by Neuropyramidal, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Going to get serious here. I really don't understand why she/they didn't let those people in. I mean her and her family were taken in by Strand in a sense. How would they have gotten out of LA in the first place. Then to add to that, they were taken in AGAIN by Strands lover. So they found a hotel that already had some inhabitants who were there FIRST. Wouldn't that make them be "taken in" yet again? So there are a lot of people at the gate...so what? I think the first order of business would be that there is safety in numbers, more hands make light work, and every other cliché term that is out there.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

ha, I know some of them. There might be an interview coming soon. The rederview to end all rederviews.

3. Neuropyramidal

I think part of the idea was that there were so many of them, they didn't know if they could trust them. Was there a Reed or a Conner in the bunch? But, really, its a hotel so I'm sure the fence isn't 15 feet tall all the way around it. If they wanted to get it, they'd get in. I think the best idea was to keep on friendly terms and let them in, and keep a close eye on them, and only allow them in certain areas during a 'probation' period. If they seemed willing to understand that, and follow the rules, they can end up being an asset.

4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

You do not! How do you DO that??? lmao

5. PepperAnn

Omg I didn't even think about that.

We had a doggie door made for sliding glass doors, it was a long piece of framed glass with a flapper door at the bottom, and you just close the sliding glass door on it. Looked like this:

[​IMG]

And when we would have the sliding glass door wide open to the balcony, my dogs refused to just walk in the HUGE OPEN DOORWAY into or out of the apartment. They would always use the tiny ass doggy door. No matter how hard we tried to get them to use the BIG OPEN SPACE. Creatures of habit I know.

All those refugees should feel like my dogs. I know I do. :zombies_blush:

6. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

It's a mess. Madison made one of the worst decisions seen in TWD universe.

7. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Omg YAS :zombies_cuinlove::Chainsaw:

8. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

played out over used fourm gifs? eh.. not funny but I give you a pass since you're older than everyone else.. Don't expect ya to be current..:(

9. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

All I did was make one harmless joke about the guy's age, I think that's the least I could do considering all the bad rep spamming? no?

I keep forgetting these old plumpers must have really high blood pressure so anything sets em off.. even so I didnt expect 5 people to jump into the thread all angry and stuff... Gosh...

I'm outta this thread.. I'll leave it to the buzzards... At least the newbies can see who to avoid and which ones will gang up on one person (which of course is weak but expected of this lot)

10. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Right.

Within the post-apocalyptic setting, other reasonable and skilled humans are a much needed resource and you will have to build alliances and communities to make it. They have to take people in at some point, but due to the setting it also needs to be cautious and gradual, with proper vetting from those within the group that can read people very well.

It's much like when they were on the boat with Strand.... taking in those people floating out there most likely would have led them to their demise, so the logic that "Strand took them".... "others took them" and therefore they shouldn't have had valid concerns about taking in a group size of 43 people doesn't apply in the slightest.

Strand took them because he needed Nick and they were a small group of obvious no threat to him.

The other instances skill qualify as people taking them in as a small contained group, with Celia's crazy ass taking them due to Strand vouching for them.

43 totally unknowns showing up at a doorstep that you just secured after much struggle is not related at all to any of their experiences being helped by others.

Madison caused the mess. The solutions are:

- Take them in and try to vet them as well as possible and hope for the best(they took this option, but it will no doubt have negative repercussions).

- Let them stay outside and attract walkers(bad idea and cruel, will attract the undead and possibly make noise to attract hostiles)

- Threaten to kill them if they don't leave and show force with weapons(could work, but could lead to reprisals later in many shapes and forms)

- Kill all of them(cruel and will set a negative tone for the people residing in the compound).

Only 1 and 3 are rational choices for their situation at this point in time, but both will inevitably cause problems.

No solution will not include some set of problems, so the solution of course was NOT to draw attention to yourself in the first place.

11. Neuropyramidal

[​IMG]

12. Neuropyramidal

[​IMG]

13. Neuropyramidal

Yep, pretty much. I'd let them in, and tell them for a trial period they had to stay in one area....like the parking ramp or the lobby. The ones that got argumentative, and couldn't understand that precaution, would be the ones you know you'd have problems with. Out they go.

14. Neuropyramidal

I don't know, I just walk out my front door in the morning and there's like 17 red shirts begging for an exposure interview. You've been pointing them in my direction, haven't you???

15. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Well, if you have any pull, yak with the woman, who claimed it was just a bruise from a bat. i wanna know if we have Negan's brother out on the west coast.
    BTW - Better brush up on your spanish.

16. Neuropyramidal

That's Clare, and I asked her. Apparently it was a fruit bat.

[​IMG]

17. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

More like he left in hopes that when he came back no one would remember what a shit bag he was. Guess again!

18. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

I agree. It's the safest and best course of action. I'd have a constant watch on them in shifts and any sort of trouble maker is gone, which would start with the woman that stabbed Strand from the previous episode. Upon proving they are team players and will be an asset and not a liability, they then can join the group in a fuller fashion.

Though because just letting someone out free with information about us and like you stated - this isn't a walled town, there are ways back in - we'd then have to decide whether to just release them or execute them.

For real trouble makers I favor execution.

19. PepperAnn

Yeah, I've been saying "Ok, you..you..what's your face..you..what's your face...you and you.......here's your plane ticket all charged to "my" account."

Thanks for leaving your house unlocked that day. You should really lock up your credit cards better. :p

20. Neuropyramidal

I leave my house unlocked everyday. In hopes of hobo cuddling.