Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

4x09 'After' Complaints

Discussion in 'Episode 409 - After' started by H5N1, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Danger Bunny

Danger Bunny Member

An entire episode wasn't devoted to Carl, it was devoted to Carl, Rick and Michonne.

From what you've written here I take it that you feel the Carl character is a realistic portrayal of an adolescent male. How that's considered a bad thing or indicates that Chandler is a bad actor is beyond my ken.

2. yangxai

yangxai Member

Well they should at least be on the look out for it; it has happened before at the farm. Where a zerg of zombies walked all the way from Atlanta to the farm.

One other thing that annoyed me was why they keep on opening doors to rooms to check if there are zombies in there; Why not knock first and save yourself the trouble of trying to close the door on angry/hungry zombie.

3. dabulls

dabulls Member

get a life dorks...its called a hella hobby.

4. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

I admire your hobby my friend. That being a jerkoff and causing an issue. Next time say something that is either productive or positive.

5. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I foresee you as forever remaining "zombie food". Peace out

6. Caryl

Caryl Member

OMG this!! One of the most epic scenes in the entire series just disappears into thin air with zero follow up. WTF?

I wasn't crazy about the flashback but unless you think housewives and mommies are weak I don't see how you could come away with this. It was at the very least effective in showing the viewers how different she is now vs her previous life.

Yes! This is one of my gripes about the show in general. They just do some really stupid things that if a little more care were taken with the script could have been avoided. Hershel tripping over the walker that bit him was one example. It wasn't THAT dark in there and they all had flashlights. Unless you're 500% sure a zombie's been stabbed in the head wouldn't you be extra careful not to walk right into one???

From your mouth to Santa Claus' ears!!

7. Caryl

Caryl Member

Agreed! There's no reason Rick should be safe forever and always. I think it would be a huge deal if he were to die but it could happen. I'd keep watching for sure!

8. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. zombieolympics

Complaints
    2 much michone
    2 much michone walking around
    2 much michone sword swinging
    2 much michone trying to put on a tough face
    2 much michone with marcus and Jamel with their with baby

10. JHebert

JHebert Member

Is calling us dorks really supposed to be an insult? We're dorks for discussing details about a TV show? On a forum dedicated to the very same show/comics? That you yourself joined? I suppose we should be talking about way cooler that actually has real bearing and importance in our day to day lives. Perhaps which celebutante is screwing who, or the stats of some basefootsketball team/player.

Or... I suppose I could just downgrade my response to the same level as your posting history.

[​IMG]

11. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

troll level:

12. HeadHunter

HeadHunter Member

Danger Bunny.

Apologies, my flawed input was based entirely on what I had factually seen as a viewer. It's impossible to make a valid case when you clearly "think outside the box" by sarcastically answering my remarks with what appears to be either inside knowledge or theory and assumption.

This therefore leads me to believe that you are indeed a writer of the show with superior knowledge or alternatively a troll who likes to try and wind people up with non-factual based arguments that result in an attack on my use of grammar.

I guess we will let the readers of this thread decide, but I would personally believe that you are the latter.

One other thing, before you destroy the little glass house you live in, please put the stones down and consider your own use of spelling and grammar before commenting on other peoples.

Take for example this little gem of wisdom, quoted directly from you:

"First, Rick and Carl weren't trying to hid their tracks".

Did you mean to say "hid" or "hide?" Personally I'm not bothered, as I'm just reading the thread and enjoying it. However maybe you'd like to clarify for the other un-educated among us?

Also could you please complete your sentence, as "Firstly" implies you will list a "Secondly" and maybe even a "Thirdly". I couldn't see any additional points so maybe this was another error by you?

It's quite possible that it's an error of yours, considering I can see others scattered throughout your rambling reply. Maybe you should hold off on correcting other peoples use of grammar until your own use of grammar (and spelling) is indeed perfect.

Maybe you should get some one to proof read any future scripts you write too...

...unless you are actually a troll?

13. HeadHunter

HeadHunter Member

Caryl,

Thank you for a genuine response! :)

I'm glad you agree with what I wrote. Just to clarify the point about the flashback/dream. I don't think seeing her as a mommy made her weak as a person (I have nothing but respect for mommies), but I felt the character was weakened a little by showing her life prior to what we know now. I like the mystery and her "badass" way of living. I genuinely would have made the same comment if she was shown in her prior life to be a professional wrestler!

I just felt she was someone who may have benefitted from no history being shown, whereas other characters need a little more backstory, Rick being a prime example. ;)

14. Porfivor Nixon

I totally agree with this, I felt the dream weakened her character- I don't necessarily agree it should be mysterious, I just don't think it should be that. I thought it was embarrassing. Michonne being Wonder Woman with her magic rope that calms zombies doesn't help much. Just a disastrous episode for Michonne in general.

15. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;jTeK0Ft3tHI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTeK0Ft3tHI[/video]

16. Danger Bunny

Danger Bunny Member

I'm saddened by the fact that instead of choosing to discuss the content of my post you decided to attack me.

I'm curious what part of my post would imply that I have insider knowledge of the show, unless you consider watching Talking Dead and reading various articles about the show as insider knowledge.

I apologize for the "attack on your use of grammar" it was uncalled for. It was intended to be a playful little jab at the end of a long post and it has apparently been taken in a way not intended. I've removed it.

Before you jump to a conclusion I would ask that you consider the bulk of my posts in this forum and not judge me on a single post that you appear to have taken much more personally than intended.

Oops, you're quite right that was a typo. Thank you for pointing it out, I've fixed it.

Please point out where I called you "un-educated" or even called you "uneducated"?

I felt using the term secondly was unnecessary as it was implied when the second sentence changed topics.

Your second ever post in this forum is a long winded slam on the latest episode with some of your complaints being invalid (e.g. calling Michonne's dream a flashback) and you're calling me a troll? I responded and commented on the content of your post, voicing my opinion where it differs from yours (you know, trying to have a discussion) and you responded by attacking me, [sigh].

I'm sorry that my small comment at the end of my post has upset you so much. I have apologised and removed the offending comment, please accept my apology and consider rereading and commenting on the content of my post now that it is "grammar attack" free.

#156 Danger Bunny, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  17. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

I think part of the problem the show is having right now is the writers have an idea to show or do something and shoe-horn it in in ways that often either go against the mythology of the show or what we have seen of the characters so far.

Michonne having 2 walker 'slaves' again I'm sure was to show she had gone back into her shell and was on the verge of becoming the Michonne we knew at the start. Trouble is they had to bend rules to do this. More thought needs to be taken to demonstrate things like this.

For me this is happening more and more this season. The chopped off leg as already discussed was another time I felt this happen, where they had pre-planned something to happen and then just rammed it home even though the logistics didn't work. I also felt this was the case with the helicopter on the roof, they had decided it would be cool to have walkers falling through the ceiling and actually logistically the way they fell through and it happen seemed implausible.

18. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

In season one when they wanted to "walk with a herd" to get out of Atlanta they had to cover themselves with Walker Guts to not get noticed. As soon as the rain washed it off.... they were a target. Why is Michonne different?

19. Morgotha

It wasn't her acting, just logic.

20. Morgotha

Have to give this post a like.