Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

4X14 "The Grove" Live Reactions Thread

Discussion in 'Episode 414 - The Grove' started by Stuff&Thangs, Mar 14, 2014.

1. zoomo

zoomo New Member

Thought it was really stupid that Carol could make tea with the gas on the stove. I guess it's possible it didn't run out yet since the Zombie apocalypse happened, but details writers, details.

2. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

...umm it's called 'bottled gas'.

3. zoomo

zoomo New Member

You don't see anything honestly. Either Lizzie or Mika's deaths. They come upon Lizzie standing with the knife and Mika is already dead on the ground. When Carol shoots Lizzie, they just show her point the gun but then go to black.

4. Rain

Rain Member

Sorry OT, but I haven't watched it yet because I'm scared as I know what's happening- sorry for being a p-ssy, I suck and all :Grin: Can anyone tell me from 1 being the lowest and 5 the highest, how disturbing is it? Just so I'm prepared. I can't with children getting hurt.

Also, the AV Club gave it a C+ and lowest rated of the season...

5. zoomo

zoomo New Member

Maybe but where did they get it from the bottled gas store? Just so dumb to me, they can't take showers, but can make tea on the stove.

6. zoomo

zoomo New Member

Oh, then they make pecans in the oven. The rest of the survivors are hunting food every day, why not find houses with gas in them to cook? Just seems so ludicrous to me.

7. firstfooter

Deep/shallow wells require electricity to run the pumps, sooo sorry no conventional showers. Propane is set up with 100gal tanks on average ...more than enough for a cuppa.

8. tink

tink Well-Known Member

It's a farm, so most likely there is a big 'ol tank of propane right next to the house. It's not dumb at all.

9. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

:zombies_lol:

10. Sadie Dixon

Sadie Dixon Active Member

A C+? Wtf? What were they on? This was by far the best episode all season

11. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

You have no idea really how silly you sound here?

Maybe you are a city slicker but this is not a deal at all.
    Ever seen those huge silver tanks in the back yards of most houses not in a city?
    Guess what they are for?
    If just for cooking they could last for years easily and often there will be catalytic heaters in a house like that and they can even have heat without electricity there too.

No wonder they consider staying?

12. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

1000 gallon tanks would be common there and bigger.

13. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

It is Horrible!

Just watch it through your fingers covering your leaking eyes and get it past you,it will be OK......Maybe?

14. Rain

Rain Member

The reviewer thought it was done more for shock, and has some problems with the writing as it felt rushed and not built well enough. I think that since they're breaking a pretty big taboo here- children killing other children, an adoptive mother killing another child- it was bound to get some strong reactions. I haven't watched the episode yet so I can't judge, but it doesn't surprise me some are having a hard time because it's horrifying. Imo, it's brave they went there, this show should be disturbing even though I get all upset about it. It's one of the reasons why I used to think (still think?) the game was better than the show, because they're more daring and brave in their stories.

15. Rain

Rain Member

I just stumbled upon a bunch of gifs of this episode on tumblr, and I felt sick. It's supposed to be horrible so it's fine but just... sigh :(

#295 Rain, Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  16. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

17. dqtl74

dqtl74 Member

I loved this episode in that "it's so horrible but why do I love it so much?" kind of way. I don't want to go into detail because everyone here knows what happens. I haven't read the comics but have glimpsed bits and pieces so I knew comparisons were being made to certain characters. I didn't think they would, but they did. Maybe one day if I have children I'll look back and feel even worse than I currently do. This episode reinforces the epitome that is The Walking Dead. There are no happy endings. There is no hope. Everything we knew about the world is gone.

18. lis5112

lis5112 Well-Known Member

Oh shit! I didn't even recognize that walker! Wow ... Good eye!

19. firstfooter

HEHE what ever floats your boat.

20. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Huh?

Just saying that the bigger tanks at homes can be a lot bigger than 100 gallons especially for a house that size.