Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

5-11 Criticism and Complaints

Discussion in 'Episode 511 - The Distance' started by westwingnut, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

Im not ok with it in real life. What I'm saying is I'm not going to go voice my opinion to 2 gay men because they kiss. I'm not gona sit there and watch them tho. But on a tv show I will voice my opinion because it's a tv show.

I agree that it is a double standard. Same way a guy can sleep with 2 girls at the same time and not many ppl would see a problem with that. But if a girl sleeps with 2 guys at the same time she'll be looked at a lot differently.

2. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

Saying that something is gross is implying there is something wrong with it and since someone's sexuality is part of them it is implying there is something wrong with them. Whether they feel shame (which I certainly hope not) or not is up to the individual.

I'm a product of an interracial couple (black father and white mother) and I heard a lot of things when I was younger (there is MUCH more tolerance now) about how it was unnatural and shit like that and it hurt. Glad that you are confident enough to not let things like that bother you but not everyone has skin that thick. I understand now that it is the ignorance of others and those kinds of comments don't reflect poorly on me but it took me a while to get to that place.

Edit: I have to go to sleep now. It's a quarter to 2 and I have to get up for work tomorrow so I'm not going to respond to your next post. Just wanted to let you know that I'm not ignoring you.

#202 CoyoteTWD, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  3. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

I also do fail to get how feminine qualities in a man - somehow makes them bad, or weird, or gross or whatever word you want to you to express your displeasure... I don't want to be "all about the women" but I do wonder if it goes back to a lot of the sexist/patriarchal crap from our societies. Hm, anywho.

4. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

Well i don't see it as saying it's something wrong with them but I get what you're saying. But kts always gona be ppl who don't like the gay lifestyle just like its ppl who don't like the interracial thing or even certain races or other lifestyles different ppl live. It's part of life and as long as you're not affecting some one like not giving them a job because their gay or beating them up because their black or teasing them because of wateva I think ppl just need to learn to focus on what they think about themselves and not what others think about them. But I'm glad you got to that place and hopefully a lot more ppl will

5. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I think it's more of the idea we have in our head of how a man is suppose to be. When we're young and we cry our parents tell us be a man. When a girl cries ppl feel sorry for her and say she's a girl. So when you see a man with very feminine qualities I won't say it's bad or gross but it is weird/odd cus it's different from the image we've had in our heas for so long

the same way if you walk past a room and see a guy having sex with 5 girls you think of him in a positive way. But if it's a girl with 5 guys you think of her in a negative way cus you have in your head the image of what a lady is suppose to be. But I guess that's and accepted double standard in society

#205 Duce000, Feb 26, 2015
  6. Wesker

Wesker Member

What I find odd is that the "tolerant" ones here are the most intolerant. They have no tolerance at all for anyone with deeply held religious or moral beliefs if those beliefs differ from their own. They have no tolerance for cultural beliefs if those beliefs differ from their own. They respond with name calling, belittling and dumb memes. They call anyone who doesn't believe like they do stupid, they call them " arsehole bigots" "whining on like the stuffed pigs they are" "scary as a campfire of social conservatives"...I could go on. They claim the view opposite their is "ignorant" they claim they have the only correct way of thinking. They have no room for anyone who thinks differently. They are the people they claim to despise. Their bigotry is strong too...I disliked the gay kiss scene..BIGOT HOMOPOBE...I though Aaron was a pretty Ok character, but disliked the character of Eric ..BIGOT, HATER...you see..it's not enough to think one gay guy is cool and the other is an effeminate embarrassment, you have to love and accept all gays all the time everywhere in every circumstance..or you're a hater.

#206 Wesker, Feb 26, 2015
  7. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

Are you just going into any random thread and trying to throw yourself a pity party?

No one cares.

8. Wesker

Wesker Member

Ahh..there's that tolerance! Thanks for proving my point.

9. IncognitoForever

IncognitoForever Active Member

Viewers won't puke over cannibalism, but some will puke over a gay kiss. Smh.

In case some of you comic book readers forgot, this happened:
    Aaron and Eric
    [​IMG]

10. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

I don't tolerate stupid.

11. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

DUde we've asked you questions time and time again about your opinions - but all you've manages to say is "WAHHH YOU'RE BEING MEAN TO ME! You're a bunch of hypocrites for daring to call me out on my illogical opinions! I have rights damnit! You're worse than the religiou zealouts and actual bigots put together, you're a bigot too!"

You're free to hold an opinion, and I respect it as long as it doesn't infringe on anyone elses life - but you're not free from that opinion being criticized and logically picked apart. That's the part you seem to fail at realizing.

If you want to continue the conversation - start answering some questions - or just GTFO!!!

I've said before, I get people being uneasy with it - but honestly I wish people would look inside themselves, or at society as a whole as to WHY that is so? Why should two chicks or a straight couple garner NO reaction - but two men garner such an outrageous one. Love is love. Gay people are a part of mainstream life. It's not going anywhere. It's no more obscene of 'uncomfortable' making' than any other sex scene or violent scene on the show.

You have no response.

You're officially ignored unless you contribute anything of substance other than your own persecution. I suggest everyone else ignore him, too, please.

OVER IT.

#211 CheesyBirdMess, Feb 26, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Oh, please. Let me break it down for you. I am not religious but guess what - I have Jesus's effing birthday imposed on me every Christmas because Christians are the dominant religious force in my Western culture of Australia. I have to tolerate the fact that churches and religions pay no taxes on their enormous wealth generation because they traditionally had the power base. I have to put up with the fact that the Catholic church had the power to impose abominable abuse on women and children that literally destroyed millions of lives. Because they were in power.

Think I'm being a bit emotional and don't know what I'm talking about? I went to Catholic primary school, mate. I was beaten by nuns and saw people beaten by nuns. I wasn't sexually abused by any priests but, then, I'm a girl so maybe that was one time when my gender happened to accidently advantage me compared to the boys.

So please don't start carrying on about our "intolerance" of deeply held religious beliefs when every single person posting to this site is living in a society where deeply held religious beliefs affect every aspect of their lives, regardless of their will, because of the power of religion and churches in every country.

This is the equivalent of white people in the U.S. whining that they're being oppressed by black people.

White, religious, males still have vastly disproportionate power against women, minority ethnic groups and homosexuals in all Western countries.

To suggest that the group of people here are "intolerant" of deeply held religious beliefs is a "so what" situation since we're the ones who are disempowered.

What, you want the slaves to be cheerful while they're picking your cotton?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

I think there are some good points made on both "sides" of this "discussion" but also some that are completely over the top and rude to other posters.
    Imho, nobody should be abused verbally for being either gay or straight.
    However, you are not "intolerant" because you say you do not like something. You are intolerant if you behave in a negative way about it.
    Clearly some posters on here are happy to see scenes involving a man and a woman, 2 men, 2 women, perhaps even ...2 women, 2 men, 3 aliens and a donkey (if they all love each other -ha ha!). Well that's fine. It doesn't mean you are more progressive, modern or (as it sometimes comes across these people think), "superior".
    Other people don't like to see any sexual scenes at all.
    I know straight men who really don't like seeing 2 men kissing etc. (and no, that doesn't mean they are secretly gay)
    I know straight women who don't like seeing 2 women kissing etc.
    Does it mean they are "intolerant"? No, they just don't like it. That really shouldn't be a problem to anyone else.
    Let's move on.
    On the positive side, although I personally didn't rate this episode quite as highly as some, it was still another good one. I am glad there aren't too many "real" complaints about the show atm. Keep it up TWD!!!

14. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

I would like to believe that the scene between Aaron and Eric witnessed by Rick was the biggest clue he needed to trust them. If love and devotion such as that was present at ASZ why not trust the safety of his children and family there?

15. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

This week is like the one following The Grove. All I have to do is quote myself, since [MENTION=1047]Wesker[/MENTION] didn't respond to my previous post, but keeps on insisting that he's being treated with intolerance.

Dude, you started the bigotry. You should own that. If you claim to be a Christian--as seems to be the case from some of your posts--then you should treat others as you expect them to treat you. So if you are going to point out other people's intolerance (from your perspective), you should expect them to point out yours (from their perspective).

Then again, I doubt you will, and tomorrow I will post the same thing again.

That said, I will admit that I looked away a bit during the kiss. Why? Because I find the idea of me kissing a man to be icky. It's not something that I would want to do. But there is nothing wrong with it being shown on TV, and I did like the dynamic between the two. I just looked away.

In this regard I agree with [MENTION=18751]Duce000[/MENTION], who expressed his opinions properly and respectfully. As far as I can tell he has neither quoted Wesker nor engaged him in discussion.

• Like Like x 1
  16. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I was answering why I've been responding the way I have to Wesker's saying that the kiss shouldn't have been included on the show, or should have been "non-sexual," because yes, that's what he's been saying here and elsewhere: "we are forced to watch these two homos swapping spit? Yes Walking Dead writers..you've now proven your tolerant and progressive and blah blah blah..now no more of this nonsense." And there are other, better examples in other threads, but I don't feel like reading through his vitriol again to find them.

17. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Me too, though I wasn't so much hurt as confused by why others seemed to find me so confusing or threatening to their narrow world views.

It baffles me that so many people don't seem to get that they're coming from a place of extreme social privilege when they say things like, "Well, I'm okay with [gay people, interracial couples, people with different religious beliefs, etc.] existing. But I just don't want to see evidence of it. You can be [gay, in love, multiracial, Muslim, etc.] all you want as long as you hide it or do it somewhere away from me."

18. Negan Grimes

Negan Grimes Member

I thought this thread was about 5 11, not Veganism or Homophobia. So I don't know if someone already said it, (I wasn't about to muddle through all the unrelated B.S.) but where did they get that third car from? Walking for days it seems and all of a sudden in the middle of a herd, here's this ol' beater, full of gas and rust?

19. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Oh my god, you man hater/reverse racist. Homophobic bigots are soooooo oppressed in this country nowadays. Bigots can't express their bigotry without being called out anymore. Hearing about racism, sexism and homophobia is so much worse than having to live through it.

20. rustybag

rustybag Member

Why assume that the love bewteen them respresents the rest of ASZ? You really don't know anything about them, or their histories, or what the rest of their group is like. Maybe they are telling the truth and they need man power, or maybe they are a couple of errand boys for people back at the ASZ who don't have good intentions. Maybe they are being blackmailed to bring people back. Who knows, but why would anyone trust their children and loved ones with strangers who they just met?