Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

5-11 Criticism and Complaints

Discussion in 'Episode 511 - The Distance' started by westwingnut, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

Valid points. Guess, I'm just trying to say that Rick witnessed an honest moment between the two that may have tipped the scales in favor of giving the ASZ a try.

2. rustybag

rustybag Member

It was a nice moment between them for sure & hopefully it will be okay at ASZ. I just hate that they brought the whole group there like that, especially Judith :/

#222 rustybag, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  3. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I don't think it's a matter of completely trusting them. More like what are the other options they have. They've been living day to day with no food or water and you have 2 ppl who say they have a safe place where u can have your own house. They seem genuine and don't seem like killers but they don't know them and that's why rick spends the whole episode questioning every thing Aaron said. Even after seeing them together he still doesn't even want them sleeping in the same room. Only thing that changed is the entire group wanted to give it a try and when they got to the gates they heard kids playing.

4. rustybag

rustybag Member

I think we posted at the same time. ^ See my above post. I think the place is worth checking out, just not how they went about doing it.

5. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I couldn't help but think of Hershel's speech at the prison when he said that everything you do is risking your life, and pointing out that now you have to choose what you risk it for. I kind of got that vibe from Michonne's speech to Rick...she acknowledged the risk of trusting Aaron but also pointed out the risk of missing out on the real possibility that he's telling the truth. To her and the rest of the group, it was a risk worth taking. I wonder if Rick hadn't been convinced, albeit on his own terms, if they would have left Rick behind? Or who would have left and who would have stayed?

6. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

Yes...the point is that there are risks that are worth taking. Bob pretty much made the same point. I just think they should have been slightly smarter about it (i.e. leave some people outside for a rescue mission, if needed).

7. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Lol

8. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

I'll post that again, just because.

9. TheTunnelRunner

So the group travels 500 miles into the unknown just to find ANY group that will take them in... only to have Rick tie up, steal all his food, and punch the one welcoming them into such group ... and Aaron STILL welcomes this aggressive, psycho Rick guy and the rest of his (oblivious and ill-prepared) group into his community??? Okey dokey! Even if Rick's group is the lesser of two evils, I don't buy it. Damning any character motivations to get it to the next comic book arc... such is 'The Walking Dead'.

The freakout/passion between Aaron and Eric didn't seem to fit behavior of two people out scouting amongst walker herds and dangerous people. That scene went on a bit long (wasn't seen from Rick's perspective) and seemed to be trying too hard to quickly sway the viewer into thinking these two were good people to be trusted.

10. JMac

JMac Member

I don't know. I just think from a viewer standpoint pretty much every other group they have met has turned out bad. So i think, least for me, that I automatically distrust new characters. I don't think they were overly pushing any points in that episode. I just think as a viewer I'm looking to intensely into their motivations cause based on the past i assume, oh this group is gonna be awful. I actually think the show will stay true to the comic with ASZ and it being generally a good place. All the groups out there can't be bad all the time, right?

As for not believing the two characters could of been scouts; I don't think we have seen enough of their history to realm draw any conclusions at this point. Yeah maybe they didn't have an arsenal, or kill any walkers this past ep- but we don't really know what they did while watching the group- also as for Aarons approach to talk with em.. At first yeah I thot this is redunk but the more I thot about it he kinda did it right. Least I think. I mean he got punched in the face. I'd be pissed coming out of that but what if Aaron really did? He wld of started a hostile situation and prolly wld of been shot. So I think he evulated that risk and just tried to go w/the flow. Least that's how I took that interaction. What wld you have seen him do otherwise?

I don't think either they traveled 500 mi to just wait for a group to take em- I just think they had nothing else going on or better at that point.

11. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Did those people that dislike the 2 guys kissing notice that Rick ate the remaining applesauce off the implement he just stuck into Aarons mouth. And he didnt wash it first. I wonder if they think Rick will get cooties?

12. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim Member

Daryl would not keave Rick. Carol would not leave Judith. Sasha would go with Rick to kill more walkers. Suits me. I'd be happy for the show then to just follow them. Every one of the other characters now just feels like a foil for one of the Rick cabal.

13. DeadRun

DeadRun Member

Last time we saw her in a car seat that wasn't working out so well...

14. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

In America there are some who believe that there is a "war on Christmas," yet it's a battle in their own minds since the Christmas season seems to begin here earlier every year, and Christmas stuff is everywhere. Some people actually got upset because there were those who were saying "happy holidays" instead of Merry Christmas as a greeting.

Yes, just force your holiday on everyone else and then get upset when others don't celebrate it, but then at the same time show no tolerance for other beliefs or ways of life.

15. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Same here. Recently, there have been people up in arms because many schools and government buildings have been calling their trees "holiday trees" instead of Christmas trees in an attempt to be inclusive, which is apparently destroying the Christian traditions of our founding fathers and blah, blah, blah. Never mind the fact that the Christmas tree derives from pagan traditions anyway... :zombies_rolleyes:

16. Suedeanthracite

I don't like that episode 5-11 signifies that there are only 5-12, 5-13, 5-14, 5-15 and 5-16 before the interminable summer break!!!

17. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

There is really nothing I dislike in that episode. I liked the new additions of Eric and Aaron - unlike Wesker, I found them both highly interesting.
    My only complaint would be, that I expected Father Gabriel to say something, when Rick treated Aaron so poorly at the beginning - like with the fight between Ricks group and the hunters.

18. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

I think Father Gabriel realizes he has no right to take any moral highground, since he was indeed wrong about the Termites/Hunters. Plus his past sins. He's just happy to do whatever needs to be done. But it'll be interesting how things go for him in the new place and how his character progresses.

19. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Have you thought of contributing to imdb message boards? Because I think you'd have a natural flair for it. Just look up imdb comments on the movie Selma - naturally the majority of the messages are about how black people should get over slavery and how black filmmakers feel entitled to Oscars. It appears that there is insufficient calling out of bigotry in plenty enough places that the bigots are still running rampant.

20. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

The IMDB Walking Dead board is just a shitstorm of douchebaggery like that. So annoying.