Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

5-11 Criticism and Complaints

Discussion in 'Episode 511 - The Distance' started by westwingnut, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Yeah, and people whine about political correctness gone mad as if their freedom to reveal that they are sacks of bile that are poisonous to themselves and others is somehow being restricted. Not from my observation.

This is a good place though - props to the mods who deserve more acknowledgement and respect.

2. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

Responding to those people is an exercise in futility.

3. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Lol, I love hearing stuff like "get over slavery" (and stuff like this, like telling Native Americans to get over what happened to them), as if racism ended there and something at that magnitude can just be forgotten about. Sucks that this is still so rampant nowadays. My brain would melt there.

People whining about political correctness these days is one of my biggest pet peeves. In reality, they're just bigoted assholes, who now can't stand the fact that they can't get away. It's funny too because it's always been that way, but it's shifting. You couldn't dare say a bad thing about Christianity (a overwhelming majority too and from a lot of the same people who whine about political correctness nowadays) before without getting shit on and having their beliefs shoved into you. You still can't in some places, but it's at least good now that bigots can't get away with being bigots much more nowadays.

• Like Like x 1
  4. CoyoteTWD

Yeah, it always makes me laugh when people act like slavery is the only bad thing that was ever done to black people (remember segregation -- it only ended like 50 years ago? There are many people still alive who got their asses hosed for daring to ask that they be allowed to share a public space with the rest of the country) or Native Americans. And why should these people have to endure the horrible SUFFERING of their favorite football team changing its name just because the name of the team is an offensive, racial slur? And don't forget Christmas! Everyone is at war with Christmas!

5. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

I've seen those "War on Christmas" segments, and they're so over the top and ridiculous. They won't hear about any discrimination that doesn't effect them, but will complain that they are the persecuted ones because there are small obstacles slightly blocking the view of their nativity scenes or whatever.

6. JMac

JMac Member

I wld just like to give you five stars for using the word "douchbaggery." I wonder who in the world came up with that? Cause id like to shake their hand.

7. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

They should be called Christmas Trees - because that's what they are known as.
    Equally, EID, Divali, Chinese New Year etc. should also be celebrated and not hidden away.
    Live and let live, I say.

8. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

No one is trying to hide Christmas. It's an acknowledgement that other celebrations like Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice, etc. are held around the same time, plus plenty of people don't celebrate a specific holiday in December but still want to get in on the holiday spirit. Schools and government institutions represent all citizens; therefore, calling it a "holiday tree" is an attempt to include everyone -- live and let live, indeed.

The difference between Christmas and the other holidays you mention is that our government hasn't declared them statutory holidays. It still recognizes the Christian holiday as the one to be observed.

9. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I agree. I've always said it's among the very best forums of any kind that I've found in terms of the quality of the discussions. And overall it's a very good group of posters too. No place is going to be perfect, but this forum is an oasis in comparison to much of what is out there on the internet.

10. mistymage

mistymage Member

I still have my Holiday Tree up. Or, as I call it, my PC Tree. No, not Politically Correct Tree... it's a 5 inch plastic tree that has multi-colored fiber optics lights that plugs into my pc (USB powered). It keeps me from going crazy in the gloomy, gray, too white, too cold, too much snow that in an Iowa winter.

I haven't decided if I will put it away at all. It will look great as a Memorial Day tree, a Fourth of July tree, a "The kids are going back to school" tree and even a nice looking Halloween tree.

Plus, if I put it away I will forget where I did and not find it until after X-Mas.

11. mistymage

mistymage Member

A douche bag was what your mother/grandmother/great grandmother had in the bathroom. Sort of looked like a hot water bottle with a very long hose. It was used the same way as today's disposable douches. That is if anyone still uses those (very bad for woman parts).

Since only women used them "douche bag" and "douchebaggery" are insults that rely on thinking women and "womanly stuff" are bad or icky.

12. CoyoteTWD

I have a friend who tried that for a year. She left the tree up year-round and decorated it for the different holidays. She said she got sick of it after the year and took it down. Experiment over. Lol

13. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I think I'd like a year-round tree only if it isn't an evergreen. Evergreens seem too "wintery." One of those LED cherry blossom trees would be nice -- the kind that are used for weddings and such -- either decorated for the different seasons or left plain.

[​IMG]

14. JMac

JMac Member

Oh I have def used the word douche bag and douchebaggery before. Though I have never used a douchebag before...well strictly in the douchebag term. I've prolly def used a douchebag guy before.
    I was thinking like I wonder who called someone a douchebag first! Like who was the first to say, "wow you're dating a real douchebag. I don't know why you don't see that.?" Cause when you use that word there some intent behind it. Not like ahole or bit**. You mean biz when you call someone a dbag, even more so when they are acting dbaggery. I don't know just based off that both/or all kinds of douchebags are prolly really bad for your woman parts. Least I think so, thats why I tend to avoid using em but sometimes you just never know what you're going need for what kinda problem. So i shouldn't judge dbags so hard.

#254 JMac, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2015