Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

5-14 Complaints and Criticisms

Discussion in 'Episode 514 - Spend' started by westwingnut, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

The storyline with Carol, Rick, Pete and Sam is bordering on ridiculous now. It is going at breakneck speed whilst leaving huge gaping holes everywhere. Carol wanting to kill someone because he *might* be hitting his wife. It is so stupidly forced to make this Jessie and Rick relationship happen, which as far as I've read no one wants anyway.

The rest was decent, though they need to stop Eugene talking like that it is beyond annoying. Tara is fast becoming the most real and interesting character to me.

Noah was dead the moment he got some screen time and a 'moment' at the beginning of the ep. Wish they wouldn't make it so obvious.

I'm still hating the size of the cast, remember Sasha having PTS last week well don't worry she obviously is ok right now cus we cant find time to fit her into an episode. Oh and the little girl who climbed the fence (jog your memory it was 2 eps ago now) not been seen since.

2. ella_k

ella_k Member

I don`t have anything bad to say :zombies_alien:

Except I didn`t get why they didn`t kill the zombies behind the fence in the beginning? ... ?

3. Charmander

Charmander Member

I'm guessing that they may have been trapped in there on purpose and someone shut the gate on them.

4. Cracker

Cracker Member

[​IMG]

I can't tell a Hog from a Huffy, but here's a photo.

5. J K

J K Member

Thanks for the pic, there was a thread last week speculating what is was. Someone posted a photo and we were guessing what it was but the photo wasn't as good as this one. I said it was an inline 4, probably a Honda CB750 with a Yamaha R6 front end. Just found an article on the bike and the build and I was right on, 92 Honda CB750 Nighthawk with Yamaha R6 forks and front end, yay me lol!

The thing that annoys the hell out of me is that CB750 is really quiet, you can barely hear the exhaust on one, even with aftermarket pipes. All you hear is the valve train on top of the motor, it basically sounds like a sewing machine. For some reason they have to dub in a loud ass Harley V-Twin sound over it, it's just silly.

I said in another thread but I guess they have to maintain Darlys bad boy image ripping around on a loud ass bike. The bike is cool enough as is no ,need to mess with it and it actually being a fairly quiet one it would be perfect so it doesn't attract walkers.

#65 J K, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  6. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Excellent point and how I have been feeling with it.

^ Same, although I'm borderline hating a few things.

#66 CheesyBirdMess, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  7. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

One complaint...

Rick's still being weird. He's done a total 180 since the last episode and I find it strange that he's acting all jolly and flirty around Jessie. That being said, I'm enjoying Carol's role in this storyline and find her reactions to be far more in line with her character than Rick's sudden transition into a ladies man. There's been no internal struggle for Rick. He just flicked a switch and became a different man.

Other than that I really loved this episode.

8. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

When Rick drinks ( hard stuff ), he get horny !

9. BatmansHooker

And the next day has morphed into a jolly citizen of Alexandria!

Huh… better than being an angry drunk, I guess. :p

10. the walking jet

i thought "spend" ended our "survivors" honeymoon period at alexandria to quickly..

11. DixonBrothersS3

Maybe Noah should have just left the show for a little bit in case the CM spinoff doesn't work out like the last one.

12. bluesfan

bluesfan Active Member

how do you leave for a little bit?
    "Umm hey Rick, I'm gonna go check things out over here and try to find my uncle. See ya in a few weeks...maybe"

13. ashleg26

ashleg26 New Member

Why are they suddenly killing off all the black characters??? And if they insist on continuing this pattern can they make Gabriel next!!!! Hope he has a brutal death I hate him after this episode!

14. the_spiral

the_spiral New Member

I was disgusted and horrified by Noah and Aiden's deaths this episode. It was incredibly rude to only offer meat-based options and not even think to provide a soy person for vegetarian and vegan walkers.

But yeah, there better be a "holy shiiiiiiiiit" level twist to this Rick-Pete-Jessie storyline, because if it plays out as advertised it will be some of the sloppiest laziest writing to ever come out of this show (and that's saying a LOT).

15. DixonBrothersS3

Sure :Grin:

16. DixonBrothersS3

Shane used to know how to take care of abusive husbands.

17. DombrowskiX

DombrowskiX New Member

Rick may end up making a monumental mistake if he chooses to take Carol's advice. "You have to kill him" really? You can separate the two and try to help that family, but just killing the man? No way. He is a doctor and a important member of the community. Find another way. I know Sam is upset over what is happening at home. He asked for a gun, but what little wouldn't in that situation?

Carol is the same person who took it upon herself to kill Karen and David and keep it a secret. A secret that nearly led to Rick and Tyrese killing one another. She is the last person in that group I would listen to. Also, you may not like the situation Jesse and Sam are in but you cannot expect life to smell like roses after killing the father of their family.

Shane used that type of logic and we all saw what traveling that road can do to a person and were it leads.

18. jdawg011

jdawg011 Member

Dunno if I can complain much about the episode itself, it was so well done. I guess I can complain that it made me sad and angry, but that's what the show is supposed to do!

Damn Nicolas coward...

19. BatmansHooker

Do you think maybe Carol was maybe actually warning Rick that killing Pete will probably be the final outcome, rather than telling him he should just go ahead and do it now?

I can't decide. Carol has a history of making unpopular decisions and going through with them, but she's also an abuse survivor herself and perhaps foresees the situation not having a good outcome no matter what they try to do to solve things peacefully...

20. Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside Member

not enough Daryl/Aaron bromance airtime... maybe next week