Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

5-14 Complaints and Criticisms

Discussion in 'Episode 514 - Spend' started by westwingnut, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yes, I'd be all for them leaving the hospital arc out when they release the Season 5 DVD set.

2. lovedaryl

lovedaryl Well-Known Member

Yes!!! ^^^ This^^^

I saw an interview in which Norman discusses his motorcycle and he comments that Daryl becomes "friends" with Aaron and Eric. SO cute. I'm happy Daryl is finding his niche again.

I just wonder what/who he will find out on that run with Aaron and what type of trouble he'll get into!!! I'm nervous for him!!!

3. Gabriel Stokes

Wanted to see Noah become an architect =3 Maybe a good future for him living the perfect life...
    Oh wait its the zombie apocalypse, building a house is all he could think of? Bless him.

4. Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside Member

I think it might come to blows between Daryl and Rick, Daryl will be defending his new friends and the intentions of the community and Rick (along with Carol) will be wanting to take control.
    I can't wait to see more Daryl in the next episode, think the preview showed him to be in next weeks episode quite a bit

5. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

When the DVD is out I'll be watching episodes 1, 2, 3, maybe "Self Help" and then I'll just go ahead and skip to 9.

Seriously. I have no intention of ever sitting through that hospital arc again.

6. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

I think I am one of the only people who liked the hospital, even if it could have been done better. I thought Self Help was the worst of 5A!

7. lovedaryl

All of the hospital arc was stupid. I don't even know the names of those episodes. Couldn't tell you the difference of Self Help, or Consumed (maybe Carol and the fire/Daryl burning the little walker body?) They were crappy. Every one of 'em, from 4 - 8 and including 9.

#87 lovedaryl, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  8. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Well, I liked the hospital arc. That may change once I get to watch it again on DVD.

Right now the only ep on my "do not watch" list is Prey. (My list of West Wing eps is six: Isaac and Ishmael, The Midterms, The Long Goodbye, Access, 90 Miles Away, and The Debate.)

9. Puhnesq

Puhnesq Member

I think Noah dying was kinda random, I expected him to be more than just cannon fodder for the sake of drama. Aiden's death also felt random that way.

10. Gabriel Stokes

Yeah, Aiden could have improved as a person, but oh well.

11. DombrowskiX

DombrowskiX New Member

The first thing I thought of was Carol's history of abuse and the need to protect Sam. But I feel while in a new civilized environment it would be unwise to take someone down. too quickly.

Aiden is dead and Father Gabriel planted seeds of doubt in Deanna's mind...time to slow down and rethink the situation with Pete and Jesse. I'm sure a less abrupt decision could me made on dealing with the spousal abuse.

12. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

To me the hospital arc wasn't so bad, it was technically only 3 episodes, but Self Help and Consumed slapped in the middle after the fast start to the season made it seem drawn out. Even though Carol is my fave character, I thought Consumed was a bit of a time waste and no real revelations between Carol or Daryl were covered. Still not spoken about Lizzie/Mika, the body burning at the prison. I really didnt find Self Help worth an episode. Maybe should have mixed Consimed/Self Help and some hospital stuff in to one episode. I actually liked Coda. Overall hospital could have been better though.

Tbh I don't think 9 was amazing as people said though. The Grove tops it easily.

I have really liked 10-13 though so far.

#92 Benrai2k, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  13. Gabriel Stokes

Would have been better if Carol actually told Daryl everything, you're right.
    This one was brilliant though.

14. lovedaryl

Yes, 10 - 13 have been amazing!!! A very different view on our characters. I love how they are changing. Like some actors or producers have said, each half of the seasons are different. This one is very obviously different. 5A was pretty lame... the hospital arc was much ado about nothing. Very underwhelming. And yes, I believe, too, that one or two of those episodes could've been combined and then given us another episode with more character development and/or plotline. Glad it's over and they're actually telling an interesting story again.

Carol is starting to scare me!!! LOL. So is Rick, to be honest. But I'm loving it! Can't wait to see how it all pans out.

15. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

I liked most of the episode but thought Father Gabriel's change of heart was not believable - Rick's group have kept him alive for a good while now. Also thought Carol suggesting Rick should kill Pete was ridiculous.
    My favourite parts were Glenn's reaction when Noah was first killed, his reaction to when Eugene asked where he is and him showing his decency by sticking Nick in the back of the van.

16. KAY EL

KAY EL Member

Hmmm....another example of sloppy writing in terms of Gabriel throwing everybody under the bus? Then again, some people do have some compelling reasons on why he would do that.

17. TheTunnelRunner

Glenn is picked to help lead a supply run with Aiden due to his "experience". He forgets how much ammo he may need for such a run or a typical herd encounter. He neglects to stop a potential walker threat, even if that threat is all the noise they are making. Neglecting to bring hand to hand weapons as well, he abandons Aiden in order to save his own skin. He follows Nicholas and Noah (after saying "You'll never make it") to a point pinning them between two walker groups, instead of escaping to where he entered the building (which would draw half the walkers away from the other two.) Then he blames Nicholas for not trusting his plan and running away.

Abe puts someone at a lookout position that obviously didn't provide any sight advantage. The person in that position couldn't have gotten down in time in case of an emergency anyway. Abe then blames the others (who have survived well enough to have never had to learn to shoot) for not going on the offensive with the walkers. He never realizes he failed to secure the area, and put that woman and the whole group in that dangerous situation in the first place.

Rick's group are STILL sure of themselves? The people of Alexandria still see Rick's group as competent? The LIVING are "the walking dead"? It certainly looks that way.

18. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Abe wasn't in charge when they determined Francine's position as a look out. Tobin was in charge at that time. Glenn's group ran where the walkers allowed them to.

19. TheTunnelRunner

Deanna immediately put some Rick's group in powerful positions in the community. I had the impression that, while Tobin was in charge of getting the supplies at the work site, Abe was in charge of security due to his experience. After Abe took full control, he did still put someone back in the bucket (along with one person on the ground as lookout.)
    The revolving door room was fairly large. Glenn is fast and was in similar situations before. Glenn and Noah didn't even have weapons at the ready to hack and poke the walkers trying to get at them.The path was clear for them after Douglas got out. If only they had fought back. Glenn was there for his experience. - how to lure walkers, where they might be, weapons will be needed, alternate plans for escape, etc. He forgot everything he should have learned. Glenn didn't admit that he panicked too.
    Rick's group had to be saved by Alexandria. If the hypocrisy of Rick's group isn't being seen, is this really the "misdirection" the show wants to steer viewers?

20. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Abraham added another lookout in addition to the one in the bucket. That could have been the problem initially, was that there was only one lookout, who didn't have full visual range. Now there's two. How is that a bad decision? Do you have some geographical knowledge of the immediate area that the rest of us don't?

As for your assessment of the Glenn situation...

[​IMG]

They had weapons on them, but the walkers outnumbered them by far.