Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

5-15 Complaints and Criticisms

Discussion in 'Episode 515 - Try' started by westwingnut, Mar 20, 2015.

1. darthprasad

darthprasad New Member

Why is there still a forest around Alexandria. Cut it down and lay the lumber as a barricade. Stick some spikes in, get a moat/trench happening. Surely they would have realized the folly of single line of defense from Woodbury and their success at the prison where the governor needed a frikkin tank.
    How about astounding us with a depiction of what real survivors , years into the za would behave like instead of going for cheap deaths.

2. StoryLine

StoryLine Member

1. 4 graves for 2 deaths.
    2. Did it take all night for Aron and Daryl to travel to the light that they see initially?
    3. Why doesn't Deanna interrogate Glen?

3. sam12six

sam12six Member

Well, to be fair, Rick's group seems as dysfunctional as the zombie choppers, and look how well they're fitting in... :Grin:

This X100!

It wouldn't be so frustrating, except that they sometimes deal well with character interactions and plot development, so you know they're capable of it. It's the same thing I always complain about with the characters' decision-making - there's enough danger intrinsic to the TWD world that you could have them make halfway good decisions and still run into trouble.

4. J K

J K Member

If we still had Andrea around we wouldn't have Rick's stupid, sudden and over the top infatuation with Jesse. I still can't believe these freaking morons killed her off.

And no we have Sasha though crap, **** that bull shit. I'm so tired of that stupid dumb look on her face and her moping around for an entire season. We get it, you lost people, every single person on the show has also but we still have to run it into the ground week after week after week with miss crankypants. One and only one person should be in that tower.

#64 J K, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  5. CorpseKiller

CorpseKiller Member

Where's Judith?

Where's Judith been during the last couple of episodes? Does Alexandria have a day care? Is she with the older couple (that could possibly die and turn at any time)? Is she hanging on the back of the door back at Rick's place in her backpack baby-carrier (that was a lot of "back" in that sentence)?:zombies_confused: Just a quick reference as to who is taking care of the only baby in the community would be nice.

6. teisen

teisen New Member

You can seel Carol looking at baby Judith with digital baby monitor as she makes the casserole for Deanna's family.
    One question, and I apologize if it is on the wrong board...
    I watched Talking Dead and they had a quiz about favorite Carl moments. One of the choices was about a tree.... I don't remember what that was referring to. Anyone know?
    Thanks

7. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Nothing makes me quite so frustrated as watching smart people do inexplicably stupid things. The writers are making many of the characters look either one dropping shy of bat-shit crazy or dumber than a bag of hair. They're either manufacturing things that needn't occur or dropping s/l's that need immediate attention.

1. Would somebody give Deanna some specifics on the world outside, already? If she hasn't experienced it, how is she expected to grasp how well and truly f**ked everything is? And no, bloody-face Rick, beating the pulp out of the town doctor, throwing his own son off of him, and waving a gun around yelling, "You people don't get it!" isn't really going to help the people get it.
    2. Has Maggie told anyone about Gabe's betrayal? That should have been done STAT, and revealed equally STAT.
    3. Really, Rick? You're going to risk your group (b/c there's no way that they would all let you be exiled alone) b/c you can't keep your shit together about this woman you just met? That must have been one helluva haircut. I know that Jessie isn't the entire motivation, but that's how they're depicting it.
    4. Would the writers please consult someone about actual domestic abuse and stop writing Rick as being oblivious about how he's making the situation worse? Yes, there absolutely needs to be some intervention but any responsible law enforcement officer would know that going to Jessie's house and pressing her so directly, when her husband may very well be there, is a set-up for her to get beaten.

I think that's why I enjoyed Michonne, Glenn, and Rosita so much this episode: they were thoughtful in their responses.

One positive that it seems not everyone got: Deanna referred to her upcoming interview with Glenn. So even though she hadn't done it yet, it appears that she will.

8. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

If Andrea were still around they would probably have this conversation. Andrea to Michonne: Will you finally tell me why you didnt like Woodbury? Michonne to Andrea:(After a long long silence ) I dont know if I can trust you yet.

9. Lady Nightshade

Lady Nightshade Well-Known Member

Hmmm, Criticisms, criticisms ... Yeah this whole scene.

[​IMG]

The only thing I could think of was,,

[video=youtube;-k68HKGWzM0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k68HKGWzM0[/video]

10. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

I just hate this Rick/Jessie storyline. I'm getting nothing out of it bar constant annoyance at Rick's behaviour.

I prefer the Sasha storyline now she is putting herself in danger and hunting not being hunted, but it is pretty heavy handed in its execution.

Carl and this girl, I don't mind him finding a bit of a weird girl like himself to fall for but they need to not forget the show and its laws to do it. The tree thing was utterly stupid, they surely both know hiding like that is a death trap, but hey we needed them to be huddled close so he could touch her hand.

11. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Carl went in the wrong hole.

12. DixonBrothersS3

Should have "tried" harder. :p

13. DixonBrothersS3

Carl Papa couldn't get him any.

14. Anttonn

Anttonn Member

Im honestly glad to see that its not just my complaints that many of you share especially buckeye. Theres a lot of plot holes currently that they seem to just want to address when they feel like it.

Another minor complaint, where the **** was Abe? He could of broken up the fight pretty easily. He went from having a cool scene where he was valuable in construction to not 1 second of screen time.

I know theyve been trimming some of the cull but they definately need to kill off a couple more before i feel like we can know the chracters again. Daryls been in the last 2 weeks for like 5 minutes. Eugene who finally found his balls was no where to be seen. We didnt even see tara in bed. Gabriel is missing. Maggie gone. Abe Gone. It was a pleasant surprise that rosita actually got some screen time and chracter development.

PS i didnt mind the carl scenes its the most development theyve had with him since the outbreak in the prison and him helping rick. They should have him chase some girls hes like 14 FFS hormones raging hes prob out back with a walker during some of the episodes.

15. rustybag

rustybag Member

After the governor story arc was stretched out for almost 2 seasons, I was really looking forward to seeing how all of the comic book arcs that people kept talking about were going to play out. We had Terminus, with all of the potential that it had, and some great actors, which was just rushed through and wrapped up before it even started. Now once again we have some excellent potential stories (Rick's first romantic interest since Lori died, how is Carol going to keep her emotional distance with children after killing Lizzie), and they have been butchered before they even really started. Why the rush? Wasn't this show signed on for several more seasons with AMC?

Very disappointed with the last 2 females they have introduced in positions of power. Dawn & all of those female officers turning a blind eye to rape (hospital arc weak overall), now we have Deanna here looking pretty weak turning a blind eye to abuse. I had my hopes up for her character, but no.
    Disappointing.

They have show quite a few walkers in the woods, if no one was doing tower duty before , why haven't there been more around the perimeter of ASZ, gathering around the walls? The music in the van once in a while couldn't have drawn that many walkers away, we have been seeing quite a few of them. I agree with @sam12six, what Sasha is doing is something they should have been doing all along. At least Sasha is channeling her anger by doing something useful.

16. Lady Nightshade

In my opinion he should have stayed out of the damn woods altogether.

17. ColorsVersatile

The lack of coherence pisses me off.

"In real life", a community like the ASZ just COULDN'T be weak. (And no offense, but a group like Rick's which is struggling so much to settle somewhere on their own can't be "strong"). Setting up and managing such a community... it takes brains, arms, courage, skills, leadership, fraternity! You don't get just to be "lucky" when you're several years into the apocalypse!

But they are depicted as the weak ones when, logically, they should be the total opposite.

Only for the "sake" of the storyline.
    To me, this is bad writing.
    Just like the Rick/Jessie development. I have no problem withthe idea, but it is just so incoherent in terms of characters, stories etc...

18. Lady Nightshade

He didn't need any.

19. Charmander

Charmander Member

I do agree partly with you, though I think a lot of the safety zone was built early on, with possibly a lot of casualties from the members who put the most effort in. They don't appear to have had any experience with break ins, and Deanna doesn't seem as concerned with the outside world as the Governor was at Woodbury. I agree that they should have credit for surviving that long, but that's largely because of the few people who go on supply runs and the fact that they already have well-built defenses.

20. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I'm of two minds with the whole pacing aspect. I'd be good with them moving briskly through some comic aspects if the entire show was tightly constructed and we moved onto another compelling story. It's always good to leave people wanting more than saying that can't wait for something to end. The problem though is that we jumped from the Terminus/Hunters stuff right into the whole let's split up the group again nonsense and the hospital debacle. So faced with what they did in 5A, I would've preferred to drag on the higher quality story longer, maybe even a bit too long, than watch something so subpar as Grady.