Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

5-15 Complaints and Criticisms

Discussion in 'Episode 515 - Try' started by westwingnut, Mar 20, 2015.

1. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

I think this episode was better then I thought it would be from reading the spoilers I promised myself I wouldnt read... I tried... just not very hard. I think it all happened too fast and I agree 100% with whats been said about not seeing any kind of communication going on between the two groups about what Rick's group has really gone thru. The relationship between Rick and Jessie is unrealistic to me bc it just happened so fast. Why would Rick risk everything for a girl he just met. It would have been more realistic if Rick was just a good man who thinks its wrong that Pete is beating his wife. Saying all that, I felt the acting was really good and almost convincing enough to overlook that, just...

I think my only complaint is that they could have done something to slow the pace down and filled in all these blanks. Maybe we can assume all these things happened?? Did Deanna interview Glenn, she seems to trust Maggie. Why did she put so much trust in this group of people so quickly anyway? Is she desperate in that she does know something we dont know she knows?? I dont know... it would be nice to know tho!!

2. rustybag

rustybag Member

Maybe Aaron noticed that they are a strong group when he was observing them, in that they watch out for each other? There are some threads discussing that back in the episode where Aaron met the group. Makes sense. Odd though, she told Rick in his interview that theirs is the first group that she has considered bringing in in a while. They have so few people and therefore not much manpower, yet here they are abandoning people all willy-billy out on runs and leaving them as human shish kabobs for the walkers. You'd think they would try a little harder to keep who they have.

3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I'd consider smaller groups though. They can more easily be watched, managed and assessed than such a large group as Rick's. Also, there's less of a problem if something goes wrong. She painted herself into a nice corner here even considering exiling the leader of the large group she just allowed in.

4. rustybag

rustybag Member

Oh yes, definitely. I thought both sides were nuts on that. Rick's group for all going in and not keeping a few members out in case something goes wrong, and Deanna's for letting Rick's group all in at once.

5. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

One things that bothered me was Rick & Jessie's talk - (loosely paraphrasing) "You'd do this for anyone." It rubbed me the wrong way.

i know Rick has worn many hats regarding his mental/emotional state, throughout the series. I'm I to think that if Mrs Neudermyer (@ltomlinson31 did I get it right?), was being beaten about, that Rick wouldn't have done anything? Or was this just to convince her to let down her walls?

#105 Prufrock, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  6. PapSett

PapSett Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when Jessie asked him if he'd do it for anyone else, didn't Rick say no? It's just moving waaaaaaay too fast for me to find any realism, and ESPECIALLY when he knocked Carl out of the way. He's been so protective of his son all along, and then to shove him over a woman he barely knows?

There are holes in this tory big enough to drive the Governor's tank thru...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Yes, he said he wouldn't - which leaves me scratching my head.

chandler did say on TTD that "Carl" wasn't offeneded by it- it was rage and could've been anyone.

8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't see it as Rick choosing Jessie over Carl in that scene, but just a guy in the heat of a fight.

9. bshmerlie

bshmerlie Member

I personaly don't see how Jessie would even like Rick anymore considering how crazy he's looking right now. I would be staying far away from him.

10. mrs_shanewalsh

mrs_shanewalsh New Member

I HATE JESSIE. I hope her husband beats her to death in the finale so we can finally get rid of her. Doubt that will happen, as i think the writers are portraying jessie to be the "andrea" in the comic books. SMH :zombies_mad:

11. KAY EL

KAY EL Member

Jessie as the new "Andrea"? I looky see Jessie's counterpart in the comic book. Ha! Just as I thought....:zombies_mad:
    More like Sasha is the new Andrea now as I definitely see something happening between her and Spencer.