Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

5-4 Promos and Sneak Peeks

Discussion in 'Episode 504 - Slabtown' started by Tony Davis, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

[video=youtube;neacZfbSh8Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neacZfbSh8Q&list=UUmWyesNAlftV3kJlFhD6q6w[/video]

2. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

3. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

4. akardy

akardy New Member

Does anyone with a better grasp of the geography of the show know what city that might be that Beth see's?

Presumably there can't be that many places with that sort of skyline that they could reasonably get too in that sort of timeline.

It's nice to have a storyline that's just completly not in the comic books, or changed beyond all recognition, so that I've absolutely no idea what's going to happen.

5. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

My guess is that Beth is most likely in or around the ATL area.

6. Johnnie Walker

Johnnie Walker Well-Known Member

7. gavuk

gavuk Member

I watched the trailer over and over on youtube (as i've not seen it on terestial TV in the UK) and two things are i can't fathom are
    1) what is it that looks like it is coming out of the floor? ?in Beth hospital room ? a camera?
    2) why are all cops in TWD complete psychos? Shane definitely, Rick is heading that way and now ?Officer Don

Just my thoughts

8. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

[video=youtube;tRhDlAQIdEA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRhDlAQIdEA[/video]

9. tink

tink Well-Known Member

1. No idea what you are talking about. I don't see anything coming out of the floor.
    2. It's Officer Dawn. Female.

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Just my thoughts :D

Shane: I never saw Shane as a psycho cop, I saw him as a man becoming more and more delusional as the reality of him never having Lori and Carl as his family became more evident upon the return of Rick. He just happened to be a cop

Rick: I think that Rick is more grounded in the reality of his world than he has ever been. Nothing psycho about seeing things/people for what and who they truly are

Officer Dawn: I do not recall it ever being confirmed that they were actual cops pre apoc, still a chance that they are just playing cops and kidnappers??? Did I miss that confirmation?

11. gavuk

gavuk Member

Damn my aging eyesight and hearing!!

I just rewatched the trailers. What i thought was something coming out of florrs was infact a reflection of Beths shoe (in the blood on the floor)!

and Dawn not Don!!!!

12. gavuk

gavuk Member

I mean Psycho in its loosest sense. Shane and Rick for whatever reason have a lost their sense of normality and morality. I guess we all would should we be faced with the ZA.
    As for "Dawn", i just assumed she was a real cop (and all the others hanging around the ?hospital where Beth is a patient/guest/PRISONER)

I suppose the other "cop" is Tara but wasn't she a trainee at the Acadamy still

13. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Shane wasn't delusional. He was realistic. Rick was semi-delusional, and so was Hershel, in thinking it was safe on the farm. Reality, in the form of the farm being rapidly overrun by a large herd, proved Shane was right. Rick later became totally delusional for a period and then after he recovered from his Lori hallucinations, Rick and the rest of Team Prison decided to bask in Hershel's delusion that "this is just a big suburb behind a fence" and everything will be all right, so Rick can just farm and forget the outside threats. Finally, after 20+ team-prisoners died from a disease, 20+ more were killed by being run out of their home by the Gov, then kidnapped and nearly killed by cannibals, Rick is no longer delusional about the world they are trying to survive in. From the shocked/subdued looks on the faces of the remaining ex-Team Prison members, it don't seem that any of them are delusional either. They seem appropriately depressed and shocked by the evil which surrounds them. (well, not so sure about where Tyrese's head is).

Question for me going forward -- is the story just going to be Rick & crew running into and overcoming one sicko/insane group of survivors after another? I really, really hope not. That would just get old. It would not be unique, deep, complex or particularly interesting like the S1-S4 stories (which people still debate) were. I really hope they have some better stories to tell than clashes with evil survivors. (So far, nothing in S5 suggests they do (although the "institutionalized evil" was pretty cool). BUT -- I'm hoping.

14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I truly am confused about Dawn, I suppose I will find out, along with everyone else, if she is in fact a police officer pre apoc or a self proclaimed law officer post apoc.

Completely forgot about Tara being a trainee at the Academy

15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

My view on Shane being delusional is solely focused on what he perceived his relationship with Lori to be, and in that regard I do believe that he was delusional. Was not in regard to how he perceived the threat of the walkers or outside people, which came full circle in that same mentality of and thought process regarding people outside of their collective as finally seen in season 5 Rick

16. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I think there is normal groups and strongholds/societies/towns in the comics. So you probably see sort of "Fall of the Roman Empire ina zombie apoc" situation where you get all these "City states" who in one way or another is run in many diffrent ways. From Council (see prison) to dictatorships (See Guvenor) to anarchistic groups of roamers (See the people Daryl joined and tracked Ricks group) to the psychotic survivors (See Terminus)

17. SZQ

SZQ Member

I'd have to say Shane was at least semi-delusional. He believed he was the only one who could keep Lori and Carl safe. He became convinced that he was THE one who knew what it takes to survive in this world. He was wrong on both counts. His break with reality came when he sacrificed Otis and justified it as saving Carl.

18. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

Gimple said they would revisit places they had been in the past, and see how they've changed. It would make sense for the city to be Atlanta.