Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

5-8 In Memoriam Thread

Discussion in 'Episode 508 - Coda' started by Tony Davis, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Lateralis

Lateralis Member

One can only hope.

2. TROR

TROR Member

I really don't think Glenn will be the next to go. My money's on

3. Jimofthedead

Jimofthedead New Member

My favorite episode was "Still". Well written and somewhat optimistic and sentimental. Got me interested in the show again.

4. AliceInAlderaan

Still is one of my favorite episodes as well, very underrated one I might add.

5. Jimofthedead

Jimofthedead New Member

Underrated likely to the low body count. LOL For me the appeal of the show are the characters that rise above carnage and maintain humanity. Little of those characters left. Not sure I'll be following the show. Nothing left but zombies watching the killing of zombies.

6. lovedaryl

lovedaryl Well-Known Member

"Zombies watching zombies." So true. And now with Kirkman saying Daryl is asexual... there's another reason to question what's happening to our beloved show. The creator is becoming a dick. He's trying to dehumanize everyone. What the heck? Did some of the characters get too famous for Kirkman? It's like he's jealous of the fandom and the fangirls and the shippers for Daryl and Co. He's trying to control this entity that has become so large, so he feels the need to gain back control, so he said, "Daryl's asexual. So there!"

7. Psy

Psy Member

Predictable death of beth but really the way she died was stupid, it was so preventable.

glad they are done with the singing tho

[​IMG]

8. Strawberry

Strawberry Member

RIP Beth. I feel so sad! I don't know how I can function today...

9. Acid Mars

Acid Mars New Member

Am I Over Reacting?

So last night's episode hapened.(ep508), and I think that either I'm crazy, or everybody else is.

I usually role with the punches pretty well. People come, and people go. It's an apocalypse after all. I get that.

Last night was different

How do you guys numb yourselves enough to keep coming back for more? I'm really a mess today, and I just can't seem to pull it together. I couldn't sleep at all last night after Emilly's appearance on "Talking Dead". It was heart wrenching. I've been on the verge of tears all day, and I really don't like feeling this way.

What's just as bad is that I really love the show, but I'm not sure if I can summon the courage to continue watching.

Does anyone else feel as horrible as I do?

Tell me how to make it stop. How do YOU not feel the way I do?

#29 Acid Mars, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  10. IncognitoForever

IncognitoForever Active Member

Because you've invested and have grown attached to the character you feel the way you do. Although I had a good feeling beforehand that Beth will die in the MSF based on spoilers weeks, months back, I'm not one to revel or goad "I told you so" when a character dies-- I do agree that the way she went out was unjust to her character and was just as speechless and jaw wide open during the scene. It was an awful death. But at the end of the day no matter how much we may love a fictional character on a tv show, it's still just a tv show and actors/actresses do move on to bigger and better things. Her fans will still be loyal to her, ya'll can still see/meet her whenever she attends a comic con or see her at one of her concerts. It's not the end of the world.

11. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

Aww. I have been sad for Lori, Andrea, Hershel and Beth the most of all deaths. After Andrea and Hershel died I wondered if I had the stomach to go through more. But here I am. Although Beth was not "the show" for me, I feel for her mega-fans - and I did like Beth.

12. Cassie

Cassie New Member

Actually, I'm relieved about her death. She didn't suffer. She didn't see it coming. She's just dead.
    In a zombie apocalypse, this kind of death is rare. I really liked Beth and I'm happy she hadn't feel the agony of being walker food.
    I'm only sad the last Greene standing is not my favorite one :( (and I REALLY miss Hershel)

• Like Like x 1
  13. jkloc420

jkloc420 New Member

I just don't understand the point of killing off Beth. It don't progress the story at all. It was just a pointless death and a pointless conclusion. Her character just started coming into its own to me. Seems to me it would have been a better conclusion if she volunteered to stay behind at the hospital. Whatever I guess

14. jkloc420

jkloc420 New Member

Oh and not to mention, the show is now becoming a little bit predictable.

15. Shadow

Shadow Member

Facebook spoiled me, but it was still shocking to see because of course I didn't know when and how it would happen. I didn't cry though, she wasn't one of my favorite characters at all, but Maggie's reaction was so sad :(

16. DucMouse

DucMouse New Member

I feel the same way you do. I really enjoyed beth's character these last couple of seasons. She has come along way, so I was invested in her. I knew her death was coming but it still just made me sad. But I think she died with at least some dignity, by the end she was done with Dawn and the bullshit person she was...she was strong in the end...

(I know my first post, but I have been lurking around for awhile and finally decided to just join in.)

17. Orpheus

Orpheus Member

Oh, please more spoilers woman! :zombies_cuinlove::dead: Use spoilers tag plez.

ON: Beth's death was coming, but it was stupid none the less.

#37 Orpheus, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  18. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

That was an unexpectedly succinct and beautiful way to view her death. For that, you get some "Green" of your own. ;p

But don't loose hope! Assuming they try to stay close to the comic source, you may yet see Hershel Green again in a most fantastic and amazing way. :)

19. Sco

Sco Member

I've been waiting for Beth to die, I'm celebrating.

Sorry you don't share my opinion.

20. tarakmyers

tarakmyers Member

I'm not a Beth fan but I really feel for you.I loved Andrea and was really invested in her character and was upset at her death and the writing for her character really sucked in the end.

At least Beth got stronger in the end and fought to her last breath.I thought EK really came into her own and made Beth interesting in the end.