Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

5-8 In Memoriam Thread

Discussion in 'Episode 508 - Coda' started by Tony Davis, Nov 29, 2014.

1. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

While I'm definitely not one of Beth's biggest fans, I am sad to see her go. I was more stunned than sad when it happened. Watching daryl, Rick, and Maggie is what really got to me.

that being said, I do know how you feel.

2. Queen Bethy

Queen Bethy Member

You are not alone I feel so bad I know it's not normal but can't help it :(

3. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

My advice is to drink heavily.

4. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

It was sad for her to die. And in the manner that she did. And I'm sorry some are having a hard time adjusting to her death. But think of it this way, (it may help or not).
    It is better for her to go out now, in a blaze of glory, then to just fall into a background character again. She could have turned into someone like Tyreese, a pansy, someone you feel is better off dead.
    Beth's story was needed. It helped move the storyline along to where they will now leave Georgia. This would have never of happened, if it would not have been for Beth. As she was able to set Noah free. He will lead the group to Virginia, where they eventually make it to the ASZ.
    Because of this, Beth was important. --But her story is now over.

5. ImDrunk

ImDrunk Member

[​IMG]

6. Acid Mars

Acid Mars New Member

Thank you. Maybe I'm not crazy after all.

7. ImDrunk

ImDrunk Member

OH shit man...the feels... I can still feel them when I remember...
    [​IMG]

8. Indisposed

Indisposed Member

Yeah, you're overreacting a little bit. It's a TV show - it shouldn't effect your daily life a day later, lol

9. lovedaryl

lovedaryl Well-Known Member

There was no point to it. It was stupid. She never would've acted that way (stabbing Dawn in the shoulder). It was lazy writing and Kirkman's way of getting rid of Beth for the sake of "shock value" because I think he didn't like the Bethyl shipping. This is just my hunch. Not sure, but he seems like a jerk.

I have been in mourning all day, too [MENTION=71912]Acid Mars[/MENTION]. I'm in a funk. This sucks SO bad. I can't even.

10. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

Beth had a pair of scissors at the end of Slabtown and was ready to use them. She flipped her fingers to Daryl, cussed and suggested burning the shack. Also walked off without Daryl for drink. She did have a rebellious streak to her. She was a good girl with new found confidence -then the rebel poked out.

11. halcyon

halcyon Member

The death itself could have been done better, but I think this does progress the story. Maggie and Daryl (and Glenn and Carol by extension) are going to be seriously affected by this, Rick and Carl were both very close to her, and Tyreese will probably show more of a violent side after his plan for peaceful negotiation backfired.
    I think this death will really change the group dynamic. Possibly more than any other death in the series.

#51 halcyon, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  12. Govisgreat

Govisgreat Member

all the rotten characters never croak and the good ones are gone. Beth was the show.

13. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

i didnt like the beth character but i didnt expect her to die like that i knew it was coming but it was so sudden and bitch dawn looked like she enjoyed it. Bye beth, i wont miss you on the show you've been away so long, anyway well done for killing Gorma and pushing O'Donnel down the shaft. poor Daryl.

14. Jimofthedead

Jimofthedead New Member

No kidding. Kirkman came across on the Talking Dead as unlikeable. Now his show is unlikeable. Darrell asexual? WTF? Can you say "jump the shark"?

#54 Jimofthedead, Dec 1, 2014
  15. Jimofthedead

Jimofthedead New Member

I liked the whole Daryl / Beth sub plot. Unless your into watching the zombie kill of the week, there was some really clever writing surrounding them and personal growth in the midst an apocalypse. Beth was a likeable character in that regard, along with Daryl. Not sure I'll be into the show as much. For zombie killers, most of the characters left are pretty slow. Zombies in the church? hey, I'll run a firetruck in front of the door. News flash - open the Fckn door, let them all meander out (they're slower than molasses) and then go back inside. Jeez.

Sorry to see Beth go.

#55 Jimofthedead, Dec 1, 2014
  16. train

train Member

You all do know that Beth knew she was making a sacrifice, right? It was for Noah to be free!!

Why the hell would she stab scissors into a Dawn's shoulder (and not Neck) being she was wearing a bullet proof vest, it was a final "F##K YOU" I fell, never saw that much of a "WTF" look on Rick's face!! On the other hand, on Talking Dead, she said she got "Over Confident" by stabbing Dawn but I'm sure it was "unwritten" on WHY it happened and you as the audience are supposed to take it how you see fit.

Am I the only one that wonders if anyone else from the hospital took up Rick on his offer? We didn't see any but I would have assumed the Doctor would have came, although they feel ultra safe in the hospital so maybe that was just the "Que" for Noah to get his ass back with the winning team.

In the 5.5 Promo, I'm sure the preview showing that Big wall/Gate opening and walkers, was Noah's home in Richmond, and they probably eventually go to Eugene's original "Ideal Location" and Morgan will probably already be there. Hopefully not as "Morgan 'Negen' Jones". I think we will see the "ASZ" being it was confirmed we will see a prominent GAY character this season whom will be "Douglas 'Jesus' Monroe".

Also, If Morgan is so far behind the group, they should have showed Bobs leg being ALL BONE and rotted when he was at the school showing that it was way later, its like their saying its months later but it really seems like hes only a Day or 2 TOPS behind the group!! The Dead Walkers in that church were not Decayed and looked the same.

17. train

train Member

I like how Rick's offer to the hospital people to come with them still showed a good side of his humanity...

Also, I agree about Beth's death being done wrong (although the shock value of "Beth is Safe" and then "Beth is Dead" was INSANE!!!)

I think they should have waited atleast 2 seconds before Dawn shot her, its like dawn had a reflex and shot her the second the felt the prick of the scissors, she may had even shot her the second the saw Beth's arm swinging something toward her neck.

I personally felt like DAWN had justified her persona/attitude earlier in the episode but Beth would not give in, probably from getting so many brutal beatings from her. Although, it was their survival code there and Dawn was a Woman, running a place with men cops everywhere probably trying to over throw her so I didn't see her as a Villain in the MSF until she shot Beth, which to a cop that would have been a reflex/Muscle memory but, well, "F##K DAWN", she killed Beth so can't feel bad for her anymore.

Apparently the cops made it out that there was more to Dawn than we saw on TV.

18. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

19. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

I know Beth was part of the core group but I really want this series to be more like the comic. Nobody is safe. The comic has mutilated characters that continue on...major deaths and yet somehow they still manage to gain the upper hand. This is a story about survivors...and unfortunately not everyone does just that.

20. TWDfan87893

TWDfan87893 Active Member

I hope your right about Tyreese. He needs to develop more aggression!