Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

5-8 In Memoriam Thread

Discussion in 'Episode 508 - Coda' started by Tony Davis, Nov 29, 2014.

1. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I'm sad about Beth' death too. It wasn't really a surprise, since it was said, that EK wanted to focus more on her muscal career, but it was sad. Beth has developed so much over the last seasons, I would have liked to see more of her, now that she found her rebellious side - it suited her.
    And I don't agree, that her death was pointless. As some wrote earlier, she tried to save Noah, because she knew, he would have a hard time (if he would survive at all) - I saw it as a sacrifice, she attacked Dawn with the scissor, knowing very well, she'd probably wont survive, but through that, esnuring Noahs freedom - of course it was rash and not thought through, but she is a very young girl in an extrem environment and there wasn't much time to think. Add to that her hate for Dawn and it makes sense.

Still, I will miss her very much.

Edit: Is there any way for people in Europe to watch the 'Talking Dead' or is it just available for american viewers? I would be very interested seeing that.

2. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

I dunno why there's so much hostility against people who liked Dawn. I thought she was interesting and had a good presence. The actress did a great job of her.

3. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

It was a reckless move, she could have gotten them all killed. What she did was impulsive, things turned out ok (for everyone else) but it could have also resulted in a shoot out and lead to more injuries/deaths. She took a chance and threw the dice, she's lucky that the best possible scenario won.

They all decided to stay behind, no one stepped up when Rick asked if anyome wanted to go with them and Noah was the only one seen leaving the hospital.

The Doc is probably one of those that wanted to stay behind the most, he came right out and said that they hadn't been doing so bad and were better off inside than out there.

4. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

Ok, I wasn't that invested in Beth at all so I would be a hypocrite if I said I felt sorry. I mean, it's not that I don't care, it's just that I have other characters that are my favorites so I would have felt worse if it were one of them.

BUT, I did see the interview on the Talking Dead and I felt really, really bad for Emily. I usually don't watch interviews much and had never seen one of hers before, but she looked heartbroken and sweet, I just wanted to hug her. (I wish I had liked Beth as much as I liked Emily).

I think it's sad that the TWD characters only find out about their deaths the week before (I believe that's the norm for all of them). I once had a temporary job that was renewed month by month, and they would usually only tell me the night before if my contract was going to be renewed or not and for how long. That went on for 6-7 months, each time I'd say goodbye (I had become friends with quite a few of my colleagues) and it would be heartbreaking. When they finally told me I was done I was actually relieved.

So I can understand how Beth felt, it seems like they are a really tight knit group. I imagine it would be hard for each and every one of them.

5. Henrik Veres

Henrik Veres New Member

It's so sad, that we had to say goodbye to one of the loveliest characters in The Walking Dead's series. We will miss you a lot Beth!
    But it also gave me a great inspiration, something what will remind me of her strong connection with Daryl : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCzNkYcWLic

I made this 3D anamorphic timelapse drawing after seeing the mid-season finale, Coda.
    This was the last scene of the episode, where Daryl carries Beth's body out of the Grady Hospital.
    The soundtrack was really touching, and at the moment I heard it I really wanted to re-create it.
    I hope you will enjoy the ending result of this work, and I hope this memorial video will get to all the people who loved the character of Beth, and who still loves Emily Kinney, the awesome actress of The Walking Dead! :)

6. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

She was great. I liked her, felt sorry for her. Then hated her. Then liked her. Repeat.

I like how Dawn didn't shoot on purpose and make her a total "baddy".

7. AllieSinn

AllieSinn Member

Probably the stupidest thing ever written on this forum. Congrats.

8. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Ya see i find it funny that you've only replied to my posts for one reason; to make a bitchy little comment simply because we've previously had a disagreement on which characters we both like. Whether you liked Andrea as a character or not her character along with Rick, Carl and Michonne's are extremely important to the overall plot of TWD. Andrea had a smaller fanbase than Beth did yet Beth's relevance to the plot was far, far less despite altogether having less flaws and being a more likeable character to a wider range of audience. If you're going to call my comments stupid atleast back them up and don't come off as being 'that person' on the internet who goes out of their way to call someone an idiot or claiming their opinions to be pure stupidity without reason, You've been here on these forums nearly as long as i have yet every post i've seen of yours is biased to your preference of character without a single shred of consideration for anything other than that. You liked Beth and yet you claimed previously in another thread that Maggie should have diedinstead yet you also claim you've read the comics. Beth was a side-character and a good one too with a good heart but her arc is over and Maggie's role is only going to get bigger. If you really have read the comics you'd know that despite your own opinions that an important character is an important character regardless.

#68 TGO, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  9. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

That's a pretty sick drawing

10. AllieSinn

AllieSinn Member

Whoa, wait.... are you the nut job that used to get so pissed off because I hated Andrea? I haven't heard from you in forever.
    lmao.... Good to see you're still out there ranting and over reacting.

Have a great day. :)

11. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

There's a difference between being a pissed 'nut job' and defending a character on their own thread while people come there (you included) to bash and insult the character and actress not to mention their fans. Beth fans have done the same thing as have the fans for nearly every other character when somebody is stupid enough to come onto a thread filled with them discussing the character they love and insult them and their opinions.

12. angrysquirrel

angrysquirrel New Member

This has got to be the most shocking death for me next to Merle Dixon /Michael Rooker (after he finally broke down and you saw his good side). :)

I'm gonna miss Beth's kind personality and upbeat attitude. I'll miss listening to her sweet, angelic songs. I'll miss her big, doey eyes and her wispy golden hair. She was such a little cutie. If she was a bunny rabbit I would have picker her up and petted her until she fell asleep in my arms. But none of that is gonna happen because that power hungry, rule crazy psychotic cop blew her friggin brains out all over the floor!!!

Given the scene was ridiculous to begin with (my Bambi suddenly becoming unglued and thinking she was little Miho from Sin City and was going to slice and dice her way through all the police officers unscathed) I was hoping for an epic gunfight afterwards. Something in slow motion, Matrix style. Bullets ripping through plaster. People diving for cover. Both teams shredded with gunfire. And after all the smoke clears there's big tiny, standing with his gun pointed at the dead bodies opposite him . . . smoke coming out of the barrel. He then looks at the camera and says, "I'm BT and I got the moves baby!" Then he starts dancing like Michael Jackson. The fallen corpses quickly reanimate and join BT in a "Thriller" tribute dance.

So yeah, I was pretty annoyed how they killed her off. Completely out of character and unbelievable. Rest in pieces Beth. Girl I'm gonna miss you. :)

13. AllieSinn

AllieSinn Member

You understand the meaning of the word "Troll"... It just sucks that you're not very good at it.

Fail.

14. AllieSinn

AllieSinn Member

I've rarely ever spoken to you.
    You followed me around in other people's threads, disliking my posts, because I called Andrea an idiot. (because she was.)
    Get your facts straight.....
    Thanks.

15. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

I think you're the one who should get their facts straight. Sure we were defensive over the character but we never outright attacked anyone for their opinions unless they came directly to that thread to post bullshit about her. If you wanna debate about whether or not this is me attacking you right now then you need to realise that the thing that started this was you replying to MY post claiming my opinion was "The stupidest thing written on this forum". If you wanna debate over who attacked who at a different time you can go right ahead but don't expect to be able to write "thanks" and fobb it off without anything to back what you say.

16. KBDE

KBDE Member

Nah... Maybe he had 1 or 2 good sides, but overal Merle was an asshole who deserved it.