Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

50 years into ZA

Discussion in 'Zombie Chatter' started by Blueman, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Say, 50 years after the outbreak, a cure is developed and civilization re-establishes itself.

In this new world, zombies are extinct except a few are kept in a zoo. And, people begins to make movies about walkers.
    Zombie movie is not classified as sci-fi but historical genre, just like WW2 movies in this world.

What else?

2. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I'll be 86 years old! Ugh!

3. Ricky

Ricky Member

It would make history lessons in school a bit more interesting that's for sure!
    After 50 years of a ZA I don't think a human civilization would ever be able to reestablish itself.

4. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I doubt if a cure will be discovered. Most likely people will just change their habits. It will take a lot of people to really rebuild society, but 50 years in the future we'd hopefully see towns using old technology and a population boom.

5. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

When I think about these kinds of scenarios I always leave out the cure part. That's way too simple and uninteresting, **** that. I prefer to think of humanity living in spite of it, rather than finding a miracle cure and returning life to the way it was.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

The development of new cultural ideas would be interesting to ponder.

For example, when someone dies they turn, right? Well what if there was a tradition that developed where respected elders of a community where given a ceremonial stabbing to the head once they died so they could truly RIP. Whereas the worthless pieces of shit who committed crimes and did bad things were allowed to turn and then were locked up in a safe place.

Maybe it's an extended form of capital punishment where someone has been found guilty and their sentence is to be executed and allowed to turn.

Also, new school rhymes, poems, and songs will be sung about their lives in this world. Stories would be told... and exaggerated which will them become folk tales. 100 years from now, a story about a man named Rick is told. Yeah, he taught walkers to build a railroad and plant apple seeds while taming the wild frontier. Oh, and he was a giant of a man! lol

7. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

Who could forget the school yard classic duck duck zombie.

8. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

I hope the show does touch on this scenario in its very last episode. A bit like the final episode of 6 Feet Under where they fast forwarded 20 to 60 years to show how things worked out for the main characters.

In the TWD world I imagine that new death rites will develop, such as undertakers using a kind of ceremonial bolt gun (the type used to kill cattle) on the deceased as soon as they're dead.

And doors are always, by law, kept shut against those that die unexpectedly, and a walker capable weapon must be carried by all.

Although such practices against the dead coming back to life have already been done on a small scale in very superstitious medieval Europe, e.g. decapitating the corpses of evil people lest they come back as vampires and the like.

9. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

It seems to have worked pretty well, there don't seem to be many vampires around any more.

10. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Definitely because this sounds the most realistic. There is no cure, that's what I believe.

11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

12. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

So the cure you speak of must only work on people before they turn, otherwise they would cure the ones in the zoo right?! lol. I think there would still be outbreaks here & there, just like the measles and other diseases that have cures...it would be more "under control" but it would still happen, especially in 3rd world countries where access to medical care is non-existent :p Then you'd have the anti-zombie-vaccers who claim it causes Autism, and their kids would bite the vaccinated kids. Ugh.