Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

501 "No Sanctuary" Complaints

Discussion in 'Episode 501 - No Sanctuary' started by H5N1, Oct 11, 2014.

1. JoeTzu

JoeTzu Active Member

2. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Yes but remember Bob told them the plan, that they had a man who "could fix this" etc and that they were trying to get him to Washington so it stands to reason the survivors of Terminus would plot to find a way to find Rick's group as they make their way to Washington.

Seems like the group would think to be proactive to nullify at least one possible threat if there were Terminus survivors who could thwart their plans, not to mention the leftover weaponry they could use from the dead Terminians.

3. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

That gif tho :zombies_lol::zombies_lol:

4. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

Eh at the end of the day it's a show. Dead termites = no antagonists = a bore.

The zombies are nice but they were never the primary threat to our protagonists.

5. DeadRun

DeadRun Member

Yep we definitely heard female voices from the other boxcars. I guess they're destined to die in there

6. melthebell

melthebell Well-Known Member

that's what I remarked on to the missus lol, she use a puddle to have a wash lol
    the missus said she took the poncho off, yeah but her face was covered too lol
    ahhh the magic of television

7. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

I loved the episode. My only small complaint, is most of the characters were sidelined (even major ones like Michonne). With such a big cast now, though, it's almost impossible to give everyone a shinning moment in one episode. Not sure if they could have given others a bigger role without taking away from the stars of No Sanctuary - Carol, Rick, and Tyreese.

Also, I do wonder how Carol got all cleaned up before meeting up with everyone. She find a shower or something, lol. I'll let it slide since Carol was awesome.

8. Lt. Col. Cookie

I would only complain about how Tyreese became so careless with Judith and just completely ignored the fact that the guy could stand up and walk around whenever he felt like it. But then he punched the shiz out of him so that was okay.

9. jdawg011

jdawg011 Member

Thanks for pointing this out, that actually makes things a lot clearer. Makes sense then that they were setting off fireworks to bring the zombies back away after leading Rick and them to the boxcar. Just wish they'd made it more clear in the episode somehow. Either way, this didn't detract from the episode to me like some things in the past.

My only issue was that Daryl didn't ask about Beth when they got out. I'm sure she'll come up next episode, but would've been nice to see Daryl worried about her despite everything else. A bit annoyed at Tyreese's carelessness with Judith as well, but he made up for it. Amazing episode.

10. The_Not_So_Dead

IKR?! The thing Carol did with Karen & David is a slippery slope. Though I do think she feels bad about it, she did imply that is was okay because they were going to kill her (by making her sick). So how can you really trust her again? ("You know what they say: trust is like a mirror, you can fix it when its broke. But you can still see the crack on that reflexion.") What if she decides that you are a liability and takes you out... for the good of the group (and/or herself)?

The episode was okay, it just reminded me of an action flick. I had to stifle the urge to check if it really was a TWD episode ;)

11. lilyleesh9

lilyleesh9 Member

I'm glad you said all of that (and your responses to Complaints 1-8). I feel like some people are being super picky.

12. ctx1769

ctx1769 Member

It would have nice to see more choice on the menu like chicken and beef instead of all human, termites are funny eaters

13. lilyleesh9

lilyleesh9 Member

I think you're reading too much into it. I agree with you that it was a confusing turn of events. But to claim that you know what everyone else thinks via a made-up statistic is a little silly, don't you think? No condescension intended; I just thought it was funny.

14. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Yeah it just didn't feel like TWD, nor like their characters. IMHO.

15. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

This is a perfect example of cause and effect (or likely lead to effect) so I'm glad you pointed it out.

Because Tyreese was so careless w/ the prisoner (Gary?) around Judith and more concerned w/ looking out the window at possible impending danger and not the immediate threat, it led to the prisoner threatening to choke Judith which in turn led to Tyreese punching him out but more than likely alive (since he wasn't in the memoriam on TTD) so now he can come back and kill someone whereas if he weren't as careless w/ him, the group would eventually return and we all can say without a doubt Rick or Carol would've killed the prisoner.

Gets under my skin just thinking about how he threatened Judith and only got a beat down.

#115 WillyJakkz, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  16. trippy41

trippy41 Member

Good point that he wasn't in the In Memoriam, yet Tyreese intimated to Carol that he was dead. Hmmmm...food for thought (pardon the pun)

17. Lt. Col. Cookie

If Judith was my little sister or something like that I'd want to break that guy's face.. Good point though! I just hope he doesn't come back and he's really dead.

18. Chaos

Chaos Member

"They had to be doing this to humans for awhile and they absolutely did freak out at the first sign of an explosion."

As though they had propane tank level explosions occurring on a regular basis. If one blew up near you, you would be scared, well, it rhymes with witless.

19. barmy

barmy New Member

i loved it! willing to suspend disbelief when watching fiction, and i didnt find it had to be suspended so far as to lessen the impact or enjoyment of the episode.

definitely worth the wait for me.

20. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

Its weird. I'm starting to feel the same way too. Each season this show is starting to feel less and less like TWD I used to know. I'm not opposed to change at all, but I'd still like to see many of the same elements that made this show great in the past. Season 1 and 2 had that. The visuals were stunning and everything felt real. Nothing was outlandish or far-fetched and the characters dealt with real conflicts. The premiere was action packed and I guess I should be entertained, but I feel like it missed the mark on telling a well-composed story. There were too many holes in the script. I had to re-watch in order to get more information because it wasn't clear the first time around. Many characters were sidelined too. This cast is wayyy too large and I think Gimple may have too much on his plate. I will reserve judgment for the rest of the season though.

I hope the Karen and David story line is not brushed under the rug also. It was a major story in season 4 and I hope it doesn't magically disappear because of what Carol did. Its hard to believe that everyone was so happy-go-lucky to see her. Especially Rick and Maggie who both thought that Carol needed to be dealt with for her actions. I'm glad Carol is still loyal to Team Prison, but I don't think this one act should fully rectify everything. Hope there is more to it than that.

#120 Kingston50, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
    • Like Like x 1