Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

501 "No Sanctuary" Complaints

Discussion in 'Episode 501 - No Sanctuary' started by H5N1, Oct 11, 2014.

1. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

You just made me think of something. Does Sasha know it was Carol who killed Karen and David? Sasha is fiercely loyal to Tyreese, so I would imagine that she would be pissed that someone flat out killed her brothers girlfriend!

I know she got sick pretty quickly and was quarantined, then it was all about The Gov, so I am assuming she doesn't know?

The only ones who knew were; Rick, Maggie, Daryl. Hershel, maybe Rick told Michonne and Carl on the road?

It'll be interesting to show them still dealing with that, because in reality its only been a couple of weeks!

2. Visi0n

Visi0n Member

In relation to that, I was surprised how Rick came up and greeted her when he seen her and found out that she assisted them in the Terminus.

Maybe they understand why she did it and now accept it?

3. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

But it's possible to still love someone but be very ambivalent about their actions.

4. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Well I guess there's a number of answers to that question. Here's few I can think of on the fly:

1. Carol was right, just went about it the wrong way. The virus/fever had a heavy death toll with very few survivors who pulled through. They have hindsight now to know Karen & David would have died from the virus.

2. He sent her on her way before making sure she had a car, supplies & fuel. He did care about her..

3. She just saved him & his son from a grizzly death over a kill trough. I'd be hugging it out with the person who saved me or my children from that end as well!

4. He's so not squeaky clean after the Joe & co incident. They're all past keeping score now - it's you survive or you don't..

5. trippy41

trippy41 Member

Exactly. I would also add 5. She brought him to Judith. I know Tyreese saved her from the prison, but it was Carol who rescued him and Judith.

6. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Technically the girls saved Judith AND tyreese at the prison..

7. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Sasha is fiercely loyal to Tyrese. If she found out I think she would have something to say about it. But since Tyrese forgave Carol and Carol helped them escape Terminus she may just let bygones be bygones...

8. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Think about it though (if you're Rick or at least from his probable p.o.v), you flee the prison thinking your little baby daughter was eaten alive (after going thru the emotion of losing your wife during the birth at the prison), then nearly losing your son "emotionally" during and after the prison escape, then finally meeting up with some of the group members as you embark on a mission to seek sanctuary only to find it's a trap in which you find yourself in a train car with more of your group members along with new allies, then finding yourself about to be killed with the thought that you can't protect your son who will soon be killed after the Terminians "peace you out", then through divine intervention you escape to the safety of the woods to find out Carol was the "divine intervention" THEN you travel back to the outpost and see Tyreese holding your baby who is alive and now safe all due to Carol?

You forget EVERYTHING and I mean ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING negative you felt about Carol because that woman is single handedly responsible for you, your baby, your son, and the rest of the group being alive.

Amen! (Felt like I just got thru preachin' on that one lol)

If I was Rick, no one could say anything bad about Carol in my presence... at all or it might be some problems.

9. Kristian

Kristian New Member

Hi Guys, new in here.

I registered because something really annoyed me in this episode and wanted to hear your take on it.

It’s regarding the cannibalism.

Firstly, who would want to be a cannibal in a world where everyone is infected and literally moments after they die respawn as living dead rotten creatures?
    And secondly why don’t the people being slaughtered in this episode come back as walkers? Everybody else does – even the butcher himself?

Seriously, have I missed something or is a baseball bat to the head and a slit throat enough to prevent people from turning, when everyone else does instants after they are shot, stabbed, beaten or choked to death?

It makes no sense to me at all and completely ruins the whole story of Terminus for me. It is a shame because I really liked the idea of evil cannibals to begin with (although it seems stolen from “The Road”).

10. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Yeah I think you might have missed a few things overall. Ck out some other threads around here, these things are being discussed quite a bit. :).

11. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Bat to the head = trauma to the brain and likely would prevent them from turning into walkers, at least that's the theory I'd go with while the slit throat is strictly just to "bleed" the food source/ people.

12. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

I really liked this episode.
    I liked the fact that "Terminus" is over within one week. Like many others I thought this storyline was going to drag on for a while until they escaped - I liked being surprised by the writers. I also like the time switchbacks - it makes you think more about the context of events and you can then work those events out for yourself. I don't think fans who follow the series closely have been confused by these things but enjoy not being spoon fed everything. Started watching Prison Break recently and just felt I knew what was going to happen next at least 90% of the time. TWD isn't like that.
    My main criticism of this episode was the cheesiness of how Glenn was twice a second away from death. I gave it 9 - for 10, I think the 2nd time he should have copped it:Chainsaw:That would have been a real OMG moment.
    TWD is a great show. I don't understand how some people are worried there are too many lead characters now - a lot of the last series people were moaning that only 2 or 3 were shown at a time...It's a different sort of challenge for the show (and if it proves too difficult then one or 2 will be chopped:Grin:).
    The viewer wins either way...

13. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

The only complaint that I have, is that I wish it was twice as long and with no commercials. Just a few more days until get another fix again.

14. Qarnage

Qarnage Member

Haha that's funny to hear, where I live there were no commercials at all when the first episode was shown on TV and it was also within 24 hours of the original airing. I guess it was a one-time thing though, I'll be expecting commercials in all of the coming episodes sadly.

I don't really have a complaint about the episode itself though, I thought it was fine. If there was anything I didn't like then it was the lack of Beth in this episode.

15. chuck92

chuck92 Member

Thank you that was very helpful can't believe it was WASH not MASH haha
    one more question why slaughter everyone and leave the person who did it all in a boxcar at least they could done what the govener did to Andrea. I wonder if Gareth will have the same fate as the leader of the comic hunters that be more gruesome than the first episode of season id hate if they did the cabin tyreese scene where everyone believes he not dead because they did not see it but in that case Andrea and the governer are still alive that not on screen aswell :p
    CHEERS

16. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

I'm not implying that they should not have been thankful for what Carol did, but the murders of K and D was such a huge story line last season. It drove much of the plot forward in season 4. I thought it would not be cleared up so easily. Trust is a hard thing to establish and Carol broke that trust last season. Her actions could have ended up destroying the prison community. I also find it weird that Rick didn't ask Tyrese why he's chillin with Karen's killer. I thought he would ask Tyrese that anyway...

Maybe there's more to it. The season isn't finished. Carol did a brave thing so I'm not negating that, but it just feels like lazy storytelling if Rick and Carol are now chum buddies after all that transpired last season.

#136 Kingston50, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  17. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

I'd imagine they'll visit it to an extent but I think the more pressing thing would be the question of what happened to the girls and I could see Tyreese giving Carol this look like "uhh... you better handle that question..." lol.

I could also see them doing a quick convo about the whole ordeal similar to the one Daryl and Maggie had in the car when he explained he saw Beth, she got snatched by some peeps in a car but was still alive.

18. Darylette

Darylette Member

I did not buy everyone calmly waiting to have their throat cut. Someone would have tried to fight it, gone into fight or flight or wigged out and panicked.

19. tink

tink Well-Known Member

They didn't leave him in a boxcar, that was a flashback to the beginning of Terminus. There was a black screen first that said 'THEN'.

Gareth got shot. He fell but I don't think he's dead.

20. cysez

cysez New Member

New here, but had to post!

Maybe it's my age (turning 30 next weekend) but episodes like this really get me (which is why I registered and had to post)! Overall a great episode, but the constant feel of being at the mercy of someone (evil) really gives me a hard time. And in this respect my complaint is, and thereby agreeing with some others:

How can they make the same mistake over and over again? Whether Rick is finding his inner Heisenberg or not: He was damn right to go back and take them when they were vulnurable! I mean, my sympathies for what they've been through, but these guys "are no people" (Daryl) anymore. Now the Terminus-crew will be with us at least until mid-season final and it will be a pain in the a** to watch it (of course I will anyway). Having a bad feeling about the Judith and Carl. The termites will use the children to make Rick suffer (and I really hate stuff like that).

High hopes. What makes you think that?