Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

503-"Four Walls& a Roof" Complaints and Criticisms

Discussion in 'Episode 503 - Four Walls and a Roof' started by jwcoombs, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The fact that there is even a debate about whether Maggie is a bad sister is a sign that the writers have dropped the ball here. A significant number of people have a problem with her and Glenn recently because they just haven't given us enough scenes so that we can understand their mindset. So within that void people will draw their own conclusions.

2. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

At least Maggie gave Rick a comforting smile when he looked back at them, but Glenn just gave him a look with no emotion. Glenn has seemed distant within the main group starting in season 4. He hasn't had a real scene with Daryl, Michonne, Carol, Carl, Beth, or even Tyreese since season 3. Him and Rick aren't nearly as close as they used to be either. It's kind of sad at this point Rick and Abraham seem closer (loved what Abe wrote on the map). Same goes for Daryl too, and Glenn didn't seem that concerned he was missing. If Glenn is still alive later on, could see him leaving everyone by going to the Hilltop.

3. zachry50

zachry50 New Member

Yeah you can see your sights in the dark. They are called night sights.

4. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Does batman use dark night sights?

5. Sildee

Sildee Member

Not like he had one.

Uh... It's not like Rick had been standing in a light and it just faded. It had been dark for a few hours. Human eyes adjust to that, and believe me, it is much easier to see than you seem to think.

6. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

yea this is one of the main things i think could've been done better. Even if they believed they would be following behind shortly after they still could've hugged or shook hands just cus u never know when u leave if you'll see each other again. I liked Bob too but don't think he really earned a full episode death especially since it seemed to take away from the emotion of the group splitting up.

I'm interested in seeing if Maggie and Beth ever see each other again how it will play out. I have been one who defended Maggie for all the hate she has received for not seeming concerned but her leaving for DC knowing she was making the decision to completely leave Beth behind and not mentioning her didn't seem right. I don't think it will be any hard feelings and i think they will both be overjoyed to see each other I'm more interested in the fan reaction lol

7. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Well, I noticed one thing about Maggie that was different in this episode -- she was depressed and distressed looking through the entire episode. So was Glenn. Then, without a peep about Beth -- without giving Darryl the lst degree, without arguing with Rick or Glenn that I'm going to go find Beth -- she just (in a totally depressed state), leaves on the bus. It was like Maggie & Glenn had -- for reasons not expressed to Rick and not explained to the rest of us -- had decided they would part company with Rick. Totally odd; totally unexplained. Abraham could have left without them.

So, why were Maggie and Glenn so totally subdued during the entire episode -- not merely when they got on the bus. Why didn't the question Darryl about her disappearance and why was Darryl so much more driven to find her than Maggie was???? I don't get it.

8. whochrisjonesss

whochrisjonesss New Member

To be honest it would be cool to see Glenn die and something happen to Beth and Maggie turns into a BAMF. Or even if Beth sticks around and watches her sister lose all mental stability.

9. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

When you add in that Daryl and Carol have been missing for over 24 hours it makes them leaving even more egregious.

Other than the scene with them going, which has bothered many fans, I really liked the rest of the episode with the end of the Hunters arc and the Father Gabriel stuff. It's too bad that it casts a shadow on what could've been one of the top episodes of the series.

10. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I wonder if that's what the writers are trying to subtly do… create a small, but gradually more significant distance between Glenn, Maggie and everybody else so

#90 BatmansHooker, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  11. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

12. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

I'm disappointed Bob didn't say TAINTED P*NIS. And Gareth was suppose to say, "Bob we didn't eat your dick, we ate your leg, you're delusional. Now we will get to your dick, Bob, and we have hotdog buns with mustard to go with it."

13. Bernadette

Bernadette Well-Known Member

Oh! Now you have me wondering if cannibals eat those bits!

14. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

They have to mayn they just have to...

15. zachry50

zachry50 New Member

Yes!!!! : )

16. zachry50

zachry50 New Member

Sure he could of had them. It is a 3 dot night sight system. All my hand guns have them, and they come standard on SIG SAUER handguns. I am not sure if they come standard on the HK handgun Rick was using. Either way very easy to see the 3 dots in the dark on night sights.

Now batman's dark night sights are a whole different story. LOL.

17. Sildee

Sildee Member

They showed his gun. Edit: ugh, you cant see it at all lol. i'll upload in a higher res and put it in spoiler tag
    Edit2: It might have a night sight, not sure. I raised the contrast and brightness, can't tell, it might be a regular sight though. Who knows. image in spoiler.

#97 Sildee, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  18. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

I'm going to be *that guy* but I personally hated this episode.

Firstly the tainted meat bit was just so pointless and disappointing.

Secondly why on earth drop Bob back to the group so he could tell them everything that had happened? For all the hunters know the group by this point could have been armed and ready to attack anyone who came back near the church. If it was to send a message surely a dead Bob would have done that just as well.

Glenn and Maggie just buggering off like that, the ones left lost the bus ride anyway so Glenn and Maggie might as well have stayed and showed some concern for Daryl, Carol and oh Maggie's sister.

Why did Gareth and co bother going inside the church, surely just set fire to it, they are either going to come running out to you or get BBQ'd for you.

Shooting Gareth's fingers off, meh.

Bob's death was neither as sad or as cruel as they were trying to make it be.

Tyrese continues to be a pointless pansy.

Also this episode highlighted one problem they show has right now, it has too big a cast. When you have an episode like this and a couple of main characters barely say a line, yet are actually fully involved in the episode, it tells you a lot.

I don't feel that conclusion to the hunters storyline was satisfying for the build up of countless eps of them finding terminus and the stupid forced decision of them not killing the hunters after they escaped to continue it going.

19. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

The part I wanted to respond to is Tyrese "being a pointless pansy". Have to agree with this one. Tyrese was a walker killing machine when we met him. It was his survival strength-- ready and able to save those he loved and strangers alike. Then OUT OF NOWHERE, he can't kill walkers; he can't kill evil humans who are a threat to his life and the lives of those he loves??? WTF??? I get anyone being a little horrified and the insane violence of Rick an and d Sasha's bloody slaughter of Gareth and crew, In my book, they deserved it. But overkill wouldnt' have been required if they had killed the Termites when Rick said they should have.

20. TROR

TROR Member

Rick said he didn't want to waste the bullets on Gareth and the rest of The Hunters even though he shot two of them and blindly fired six bullets into the woods when they got Bob.