Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

506 [Consumed] Complaints and Criticisms

Discussion in 'Episode 506 - Consumed' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 15, 2014.

1. The_Not_So_Dead

I don't know if it was the fact that I was watching with my head phones on or if it was just a crappy decoding, but I was irritated with the music. I mean the one you hear round the "emotional" bits.

And just a complaint directed at myself: I just can't seem to "get into" this season. Maybe it's winter depression ;)

2. trekcarbonboy

trekcarbonboy New Member

Yeah the van landing was ridiculous. Just as ridiculous though is how they seem to keep finding vehicles with lifetime batteries. Maybe it's just Daryl's electrifying personality that keeps starting these vehicles. Unless it's a stick shift and they pop-started it on an incline there is no way that box truck is starting. Even then its quite a stretch.

But then again we are trying to rationalize things during the zombie apocalypse, aren't we?

3. MrBigDog1974

MrBigDog1974 Member

People shouldn't have been coughing...

4. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

I liked seeing the city again and it reminded me why the show was amazing in season 1 as it seems much more scary and real than the odd walker in the forest.

Carol is a great actress and the star of the show for me.

My complaints are basically a 40 something minute episode that I think could and should have been done in 20. The flashbacks were all a bit pointless, we all knew everything in them so it seemed a bit pointless to harp back to something from what seems like forever ago.

The whole thing with the van was utterly pointless as well, they gained nothing from it neither did the story or viewer apart from a 'action scene' with the van toppling off the edge.

Having Carol and Daryl not kill the 2 walkers in tents on the way through was one of those 'let's make characters do stupid things to make it fit with the story we want to tell' moments.

I was a little miffed at them having Noah do what he did by taking their weapons, it would have been more fitting for Carol and Daryl to find him in desperate need of help, save him and he tell them his story than the slightly forced way it was done.

5. Lupey

Lupey Member

What was the cross cop doing when they stopped in the middle of the street? I couldn't make it out from the distance of Carol & Daryls car.

6. Walker Caravan

stacking bikes?

7. daveainthere

daveainthere Member

Charging car and van Batteries.....

8. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

What can I say? I'm the doctor of hyperbole.

9. harryzac

harryzac New Member

A few things got me on this episode:
    - Not much happened apart from Carol being taken away. I often found myself starting to daydream in places.
    - The smoke effects were really fake (sorry CGI people!)
    - Walkers seemed to turn up whenever convenient and also avoid Carol and Daryl whenever convenient.
    - The van scene: entirely irrelevant, finished quickly, and unrealistic. The van was obviously toppling head-first, but then lands straight onto its tyres like a Transformer-style cat. Hmmm...

I do, however, like that we loop back to Atlanta and see the iconic highway into/out of Atlanta again! :)

#109 harryzac, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  10. ivegotredonme

ivegotredonme New Member

It was a completely tiny thing, but the crystal clear water in the cooler that Carol had really bugged me, I don't know how long it would of been sitting there but surely it would of still gone stagnant, or even evaporated in the heat? Anyway, very small niggle really.
    The van thing was a bit rubbish, like everyone else said, it seemed like it should of landed on it's roof, which would of been better I think, then if a lot more walkers had fallen on top blocking the doors they could of kicked out the windscreen and crawled out or something, might of been slightly more interesting.

Overall though I have to say it was a pretty good episode (for season 5).

11. len112

len112 Member

That's because Daryl is meant to be with Noah , the only interesting development of the whole episode. Too much time wasted standing around looking angsty and telling us stuff we already knew, then Noah almost jumps Daryl's bones and noone notices.

12. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I havn't much complains about the episode. I likek Melissa McBride very much and am always happy, when she is featured. But the water cooler did bother me. And that Carol took water from it, she and Daryl drank in the same room with the (still not empty) water cooler and then they forget to refill their flasks.
    Apart from that: great episode. I start to like the bottle episodes a lot - the cast is so big, that in normal episodes, some characters are always left out (like Michonne in some of the last group episodes - she hadn't much to say, which was a shame imo).

About shipper and ships: I think it's very moderate in the TWD fandom. In the Supernatural fandom Wincesters and Destiels are in a little war, which seems to have reached an all time low, when they took it to real life at a convention. And in the Sleepy Hollow fandom Ichabbies and Ichatrinas are figthing really vicious, too. I don't see that kind of thing here (thank Great Cthulhu for that).

13. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Carol wasn't in the mood for that, too much going on inside her head.

14. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Yeah she had a headache and that means no sex. lol :)

15. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Maybe when they settle down in ASZ :Grin:

16. Lt. Col. Cookie

I thought this episode was awesome. Or maybe it's just my big love for Daryl and Carol (separately in this case, no shipping). I enjoyed the whole "we gotta start over" and how the title connects with what they're feeling. And I actually awed when I saw the abused children book Daryl was carrying. I was only complaining about the dumb things like how twice they were talking and suddenly interrupted when they hear a strange noise.

17. Lt. Col. Cookie

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one bugged by that

18. Sky Somers

Sky Somers Member

I feel the same way. I am waiting for that big moment that draws me in, and it has not come. I still say the cast is too large. They need to thin the herd. I also think there is a lot of filler this season. Many of these storylines seem to be stretched out. The writers could have combined a few of these episodes, making them action packed. Instead, the episodes proceed very slowly. In this show, apparently nobody ever gets killed except redshirts. I want to see some of the main cast eat it. It's a shame that in Terminus before they were saved didn't result in some main or minor deaths. It would have been more of a shock. The show seems to have fallen into a formula: a big bad, actors are scared, big bad pounds chest, big bad dies, and everybody survives. It's kind of getting boring for me. Plus, isn't the Point of View of this show Rick? Everything started when he woke up.

19. Elly F.

Elly F. Member

I would like to note that after a 20 minute debate my boyfriend physically had to go to the t.v. to show me the peice of road I was missing for some weird reason. And I now see the error of my ways. I then promised to wear my glasses alot more than I do. :)

Thank u for taking the time with this post, and didn't treat me like I was stupid. :)

#119 Elly F., Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  20. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

anytime, lol and being visually challenged myself, I could certainly see where if I didn't have on my glasses, I would have been, WTF is that thing? :)