Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

506 [Consumed] Complaints and Criticisms

Discussion in 'Episode 506 - Consumed' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

Doncha even joke about such a thang

2. Govisgreat

Govisgreat Member

i hope beth and darryl will be lovers. he deserves the best!!

3. The_Not_So_Dead

I don't mind the fact that the cast is large. I like it.

I can't put my finger on why I am not as enthused as I was before.
    You on the other hand are able to point the things out why you feel that way quite succinctly. I wish I could. Maybe it will come to me eventually. (Probably not.)

Edit: I do have a feeling that some of our cast may perish in the season's finale. And weirdly enough, I don't hope so ~ ("whatever you/they do, it's never good enough" ;)

#123 The_Not_So_Dead, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  4. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

Yes, it's the equivalent of a band's 'difficult 2nd album' syndrome, when they've used up lots of great ideas that they've been building up for years, and tried to use them again and again to less and less effect.

If the next big story line is that they run into another Gov/Gareth type nutcase, whom they have to defeat, then it will start to get a bit predictable. And they always leave the set as a blazing, exploding, overrun, ruin, so that it can't be used again.

On the the hand it would be pretty boring if they all found a democratically run Woodbury, with a firm but fair, totally sane, town council, and then spent seasons 6 - 8 growing carrots, farming pigs, and voting on who would be the town health and safety rep, etc. :zombies_lol:

(I've never read the comics.so I don't know what the ASZ is)

I still love the show, but I hope the scriptwriters can surprise me a bit...

(edit for typo)

#124 kivo1889, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  5. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Sometimes we get aggravated with the writing, but we don't see the whole picture. They tend to do things that come together later. Right now they are writing Rick and the group in a certain way so it plays into the story down the line. Just like everyone complaining about Maggie asking about Beth, I don't believe for one minute that it's because of oversight on the writers part, I think we will see more to Maggie's disregard down the line, it will play into what is next for her story. Rick defeating all the badguys so easy now, will play into his story coming up later too.

6. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Is it only me who find it intrigueing when they enter that office or working area in someones home? TO see how untouched yet neat it still looks? SOmeone left it in chaos seemingly, leaving hat, coat and laptop behind but still one can see what kind of place it was. How untouched it is compared to the outside where you see the marks of napalm burning the streets. Who lived or worked here? Who was it? What did they do for a living? Where are they now? How did they end up? Are they dead? Rich I bet but now a big bank account means nothing.

Also, is it just me or was the napalm totally useless? It seemingly barely dented the zombie pop.

7. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

I agree that the main cast are seeming to survive too easily at the moment. I accepted that they all somehow made it to Terminus alive after being scattered after the fall of the prison (except Beth who was elsewhere)...but felt at least one of them should have died there e.g. Maggie or maybe Rosita just as they were scaling the perimeter fence, for example. If they kill everyone at the hospital without loss I will also find it unrealistic. Bob's death scene idea was great - it's time for a couple more now. How about something sudden and unexpected - like when Axel bought it...he went up in my estimation as a character because of his shocking death:Grin:

8. Ed Dim

Ed Dim Member

My thing is looking at what the walkers are wearing and thinking "This is the last outfit that person put on while they were human. What were the circumstances? How were they expecting their day to go when they got dressed?" Apparently a lot of women put on dresses (mostly granny dresses) which doesn't seem like the best zombie-avoidance gear.

As for the napalm - is that what they said was dropped on Atlanta? I thought napalm was gel gasoline that was dropped on the jungles in Vietnam to destroy vegetation so the enemy wouldn't be able to hide. Doesn't seem like an urban warfare thing. But I could be wrong and I'm too lazy to look it up.

9. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

I believe Agent Orange (a herbicide) was used specifically as a defoliant. Although napalm would also do the trick, but killing trees was definitely not its main job...

10. saefields

saefields New Member

I actually Googled it and discovered it is short for imagining people in a relationship or discussing their relationship - I had to work really hard there to not use the term 'hooking people up'

11. rustybag

rustybag Member

I see that they do this too & I just wanted to mention that for me, this is exactly part of what is different about the show & what I don't like as much. Up until season 3 it felt to me like a well written drama. It felt like you were following the characters and the natural flow of events, and the character's emotions, as the story was unfolding, not when the writers decided to write it in down the line. People aren't happy with the Maggie right now, but can you imagine if they did that to Maggie's character when Hershel lost his leg? They had that scene where he was unconscious & she was saying goodbye to him and thanking him for being her father..such a powerful scene. Can you guys imagine if they decided to "write that in" later? It just wouldn't have worked, or would have seemed unnatural & contrived.

I don't know, it's like the natural flow of how things would go is lost with these bottle episodes, new characters, and writing things in later, rather than when they would happen. I also think they've gotten themselves into a pickle and they have to be careful who they kill off. If they kill off certain main cast members, they will be left with actors who aren't as strong. If the kill off the newer characters and / or ones that aren't as strong, it might come off as predictable or contrived. I don't know, we'll see how it goes.

#131 rustybag, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  12. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I am not suprised about the dresses. It is the south and from what I hear it is a bit more conservative than maybe New York. Imagine on the verge of the outbreak, at home mother is going to school with her 3 kids when it breaks out. There is not really time to change clothing and she dies. Now imagine the poor guy who was going to be the clown at a kids birthday party at the day of the outbreak...

It looked like big fire "wounds" on the buildings around Grady Memorial. I also think the doctor spoke about the napalm bombings and how they found a kid burnt from it. I think its also effective, atleast in theory at killing humans but leaving most structures intact so they can be repaired. If they had nuked Atlanta instead, they would have rendered it uninhabitable.

13. Dreamer14

Dreamer14 Member

I know I'm a little late to the party here, but my only complaint was the van falling off the overpass was a bit hard to believe (as so many others have already stated) There were also so slow parts during the episode, but wasn't too big of a deal.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

I don't have that many criticisms but here are things that did bother me...

The van drop. It just wasn't needed seeing how implausible it was. I also thought it was weird how quickly those Walkers showed up. These ninja Walkers are a pain in the ass in this show.

Carol's flashbacks. It just felt superfluous. Carol has gotten a lot of focus underneath Gimple. He has done a great job extracting Carol's flaws and her inner demons. I already knew that she feels a shamed for what she did and she is trying to come to terms with that. MMB is a great actress and the intense character study that Carol has gotten over the course of season 4 into the beginning of season 5 was more than enough for me. Those flashbacks was like Gimple taking a sledgehammer and beating it over my head.
    I knew Carol killed K and D. I knew she felt like shit after Rick banished her. It just was not needed. This episode could've had the same outcome without it.

The room that Carol and Daryl came across when they were searching the buildings was too spotless. I didn't see a speck of dirt. That painting should have had cobwebs hanging from it. Also that water fountain should've had mildew in it. Those fountains are changed regularly in real life so no way that water would've been crystal clean after 2 years.

I'm not too sure why Carol ran out into the street before she got hit by the car. That part puzzles me. I think the men saw her though so she did it to save Daryl and Noah. All I gotta say is that Carol better have at least one broken bone from being hit by a car. Its ridiculous how no one gets broken or fracture bones in this show anymore.

#134 Kingston50, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014