Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

506 - Consumed - Praise and Positivity!

Discussion in 'Episode 506 - Consumed' started by CheesyBirdMess, Nov 17, 2014.

1. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Positivity ONLY thread!

A place for praise and compliments regarding this weeks episode. Tell us all the good things you liked about the episode. No negativity, criticisms or complaints in here, please! There is already a complaints thread for these things here: http://www.walkingdeadforums.com/forum/f431/506-[consumed]-complaints-criticisms-92031.html

So Lets try and keep this a cool topic for people who just want to see positive posts, Okay?

Tell us what moments you enjoyed tonight! Your Favourite Interactions. Favourite Action. Favourite Quote perhaps?

Go!

2. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed this one.

3. CheesyBirdMess

I loved the opening sequence, seeing the highway into Atlanta, very reminiscent of Season 1.

I enjoyed seeing the Urban wasteland of the city during this apocalypse.

The Sleeping Bag Walkers were freaky and yet cool - a very interesting backstory to think about, how they got there etc.

The alluded (or Eluded? Sorry I can't grammar today) child walker was very emotional, even though we didn't actually ever "see" it and I liked how Daryl stopped Carol twice from killing it, and took care of it himself later and in the morning, and burned its body. Not just leaving it to rot.

I'm sure there's more, but I have to go for a couple hours, will return later.

4. Kernunnos

Kernunnos Member

You should strive to eat more fibre.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

I liked the idea to go back to the city. I love the look of the city post-apocalypse, especially after being used to seeing only rural settings for the past four seasons. The shot of them driving down the road into Atlanta in the night was great (and I'm very sure that's the same road Rick rode the horse down and Glenn that car, so it was like deja vu) I loved the return of our Queen Bitch Carol after being gone for four episodes (Slabtown doesn't count). The scene with the child walker was great, and Daryl putting it down and burning it for her was great, especially after she's been doing everything (Karen and David, Lizzie, wrecking Terminus), and Daryl does that for her. Shows the understanding Daryl has of her and the bond they have. I liked seeing a different side of Noah.

I really liked the flashback of Carol after Rick released into the wild and we saw her state of mind, and before she reunited with Tyreese and the kids, and the flashback where she cleans her face (so people can stop complaining about something not worth complaining about). I like the talks between the two, of how Carol doesn't believe in God and isn't sure of the person she's becoming, while Daryl's growing more positively (with the book about dealing with childhood abuse when he always kept everything bottled up). I also liked the ending with the dilemma of what to do with Noah, and their reactions when he revealed that Beth was there. I also liked how well Noah handled Daryl when Carol was struck, especially with Daryl not going so overboard in his reaction. Overall, I liked the episode.

6. CheesyBirdMess

I loved this laugh out loud moment:

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Yeah I took that as a "Daryl being Daryl" moment, just when he warms up and shows his heart (taking care of the child walker, sparing Noah initially, getting the self-help book) then he goes caveman and says some stuff like that and I love it.

I liked the opening scene alot, showed me alot about Carol in just a little bit of time and was very effective at telling the story all before the opening credits... awesome job.

8. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Also wanna say CheesyBirdMess, I really like and appreciate the thread idea and hope it gets support and attracts people the same way the complaints/ negativity thread does.

9. Necrophile213

Necrophile213 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the way they only showed the reflection of the burning prison and we got see her reaction simultaneously. I'm glad it was left at that and didn't show whether or not she attempted to look and see if anyone survived. The scene with the painting was nice. A humorous way to show the contrast in their characters. The dialogue between is almost always good. Undeniable chemistry.

10. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I have to agree with others who said the city "atmospheric" shots, seeing the deteriorated streets and the outside and inside of city buildings. Good to see after so many rural and suburban settings in past.

11. CheesyBirdMess

I liked the Fire diversion tactics, too.

[​IMG]

12. CheesyBirdMess

A side by side:

[​IMG][​IMG]

13. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Yup another successful ep. Flash backs were fun ...Carol's doin thangs;)

14. CheesyBirdMess

15. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Honestly… probably the best episode of the season so far.

16. Busted Flipflop

Daryl is like a big kid. That's what makes him so interesting.

17. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

There was too much fire and smoke. I want action, not symbolism.

18. Busted Flipflop

I liked the way this episode was filmed. There was a lot of "quiet emotion," in that, we could sense what Carol and Daryl were feeling and thinking by their facial expressions, the lighting, the music. I also thought there was good balance - action, scenery, and character development.

I also appreciated the past references that Carol made about Ed, Sophia, and her abuse. This reminded the audience of who she was, why she did those things in the prison, and who she is today.

And lastly, I am not a Carol and Daryl shipper (I'm more of a Carrick, I know, I know, heh-heh), but I do like the bond we witnessed in this episode. I thought it very moving at the end when they take Carol. You could see the desperate agony Daryl had for Carol as he tried going after her. I believe Daryl loves her - in what way we don't know yet - but we could see how deeply he cares, and most likely loves her (maybe as a friend or a lover, we shall see).

19. Busted Flipflop

Wrong thread.

20. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

Nothing like camping in the city. Indoors. Good and interesting.