Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

507 - Crossed - Praise and Positivity!

Discussion in 'Episode 507 - Crossed' started by CheesyBirdMess, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

I didn't mind Slabtown/Consumed as a whole, but after Crossed I thought "Wish they just mixed stories in ep5 and 6, like this". Even slow scenes like fishing/finding yo-yos are enjoyable when juxtaposed with meatier plots like Rick kidnapping the cops etc. Tbh even though most disliked Slabtown I think it was the only situation that deserved a whole episode study.

2. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

My favorite - Rick continuing to be scary as hell and ready to put down any stranger at any time. Daryl stepping up with Ty. Me starting to care a bit about whether Rosita and Tara survive.

3. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

That was a really good episode. I liked all characters in this one
    - I was a bit bored by Maggie and Glenn for a while. But in this episode, I liked them again - it suits them, to have more interaction with other people (and not in that 'I have to find my husband/wife, no matter what' - kind of sense) - Maggie with Abraham and Glenn with Rosita and Tara were both great.
    - And I agree with Woodstock about Rick: he is one of the most realistic characters in this show - not just his looks, but the way, he is affected by the things that happened to him. I really like him very much this season (not that I didn't liekd him before, but other characters were always more important to me).
    - I loved Beth scenes in that episode, she showed so much strength.
    - Daryl and Tyreese stepping in and trying to be decent - it will probably backfire, but it was nice, that they still try to care.
    - Father Gabriel: He is a very intersting character. I think, he could become an asset for the group, if he manages to overcome his past and his fears.
    - Carl: him teaching Gabriel was a very strong scene
    - I really started to like Rosita - and even Eugene. He seemed to have helped a greeat deal in his own way (I still have problems with Abe)
    - Tara: I like her humour, her way of dealing with things and most of all, that she really understands, why Eugene lied and forgives him for that

4. silentstar24

silentstar24 Member

I liked seeing the aftermath of Sasha's struggle to go on after Both's demise. Her anger when she accidentally ripped Bob's jacket said it all perfectly. She was still simmering inside from his death, but also angry and hurt that the only thing she has left of him is now messed up too. I liked that Tyreese was able to help her move on. As for the last scene in the episode when Sasha tries to help put down Officer Bob's zombified friend, I don't believe she was trusting Officer Bob. Considering the mindset she was in after the talk with Tyreese, it wasn't that she gave her trust to Officer Bob, but what Officer Bob said did resonate with her somewhat. She wanted to have the strength to put down someone when she couldn't do it after Bob had died. People say she was stupid to listen to Officer Bob, but to me, it made sense. Sasha looked quite certain she had the upperhand in the moment because she was the one carrying the gun and his hands were tied behind him. Plus, Officer Bob had shown nothing but passiveness throughout the whole episode and wasn't violent. Sonequa Martin-Green said on TTD that Sasha felt like Officer Bob was her Bob talking to her in the moment, so I thought that was interesting, too, because Sasha has always shown herself to be pretty grounded and I never really thought of her as the type to feel spiritual. I'd say Sasha felt spiritual in that moment with Officer Bob because she was vulnerable and still going through her emotions.

Beth's words, "Carol, it's Beth. I just wanted you to know I was here" are eerily haunting to me in a good-bad way.

I found Glenn's reaction to Tara's GREATM group name both funny and realistic.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Yeah SMG is a brilliant actress and is bringing a lot of depth to her character. Even just in the opening sequence where she was hacking away with her axe at the pews, you could feel her anger and the tension surrounding her, from something so simple - she conveyed a lot. Same with the talks later with Ty.

As for Beths line - I didn't think it sounded Ominous at first, but now I've seen it again and heard others say it - it definitely does seem like it's foreshadowing something, or that Beth knows something more... Probably knows her group is close by, which means she will have to fight to get out.

6. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

Stop trying to rile up beth x daryl fans!!!

7. CheesyBirdMess

lol. I have said before I would prefer her not to die, and just be able to live happy and in charge at the hospital as a nice sanctuary - but of course you can't have a happy ending in this show! lol

8. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

OT but what does the yellow bar mean above your post? never seen it before, only green (too many likes) and red (too many dislikes)

10. Lt. Col. Cookie

First of all, I'm glad you made this post [MENTION=51542]CheesyBirdMess[/MENTION]. Usually we look at the negative side of the episodes (especialy me) and in the end there's a lot more positive things we just seem to forget about.

Sooooooooooooooooooooo:
    I liked how this episode wasn't a bottle episode and we got to see a little bit of everyone :zombies_lol:
    Daryl's walker kill
    Sasha repeating Tyreese's words to Bob no. 2
    RICK & MICHONNE
    Next episode is the season finale

By the way, when did the "Carol, it's Beth. I just wanted you to know I was here." happen? Did I miss it? Or is it something leaked from next episode?

11. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

I think yellow is for too many thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  12. CheesyBirdMess

Cool I had no idea...

[​IMG]

13. CheesyBirdMess

She said the line after she injected Carol, I'm pretty sure!

14. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

I thought yellow was Asian :zombies_confused:

[​IMG]

15. silentstar24

silentstar24 Member

That happened in "Crossed" after Beth secretly received a key to the drug cabinet by Dawn to get meds to save Carol's life. Then Beth went to Dr. Edwards to ask for what drug he'd use to save Carol if he had the chance. Dr. Edwards warns her that Dawn giving her the key means Dawn is up to something, but Beth ignores that and just asks for the drug name, and he tells her to use epinephrine. The next scene is one I don't quite understand the context behind because Beth holds two strawberries in one palm and secretly hands them to another ward patient. As she walks away down the hall, the patient begins (fake) coughing and behaving like he is unable to breathe. I still do not understand the significance of the strawberries?? At first I thought the man was allergic to strawberries, or maybe it was just a bargaining chip. to All the hospital staff rush over to him while Beth opens the drug cabinet and takes the meds and injects it into a drip for Carol. After that, Beth holds Carol's hand and says, "Carol, it's Beth. I just wanted you to know I was here."

16. Dreamer14

Dreamer14 Member

Yes, pretty sure it's 5 "thanks" the bar turns yellow and 5 "likes' the bar turns green, whichever comes first. I just saw it change on some posts I liked/thanked earlier when it hit 5 of them. :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jato

Jato Member

Hey!
    As an Asian girl, I can tell you most of those stereotypes are untrue.
    Except the bad driving.
    We are terrible drivers.
    I'm not even going to argue that.

18. CheesyBirdMess

I think 80% of the world are bad drivers, regardless of gender or race. Just something about a "round-a-bout" and merging lanes that send usually sane people cray-cray! lol!!

19. Jato

Jato Member

My aunt gives me heart attacks every time she drives.
    Pray for my family's poor little Honda when I start in a couple weeks. Sydney's layout apparently won't help either :zombies_lol:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  20. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

You know I was thinking, imagine if when Tara gets to ASZ her character simply fades in to the background community forever and we assume she has a "happy ending" for a few years. Would as Tara fans be really satisfied with that? I wouldn't tbh...so even if I was a big Beth fan, as much as a happy end would be nice....I always like to see a character I likes life/story end than just fade away. I don't watch soaps, but years ago I had a fave character on one. As much as it bothered me the character died, it was the actor's choice/suggestion, and when I look back I am pleased instead of leaving in a taxi their story ended on screen.

• Like Like x 1