Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

507- LIVE Reaction Thread

Discussion in 'Episode 507 - Crossed' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 22, 2014.

1. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Agh! I was so pissed last night. My cable went out literlly at 8:59pm just as the credits to the encore presentation of last weeks episode "Consumed" rolled.

Luckily, the cable righted itself by 11:00pm, so I was able to record the encore, but couldn't watch it until this morning. Bleh

2. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

I think his hotness was part of the reason I was annoyed with the ending, it was looking like he might actually be good, now he's gonna get his pretty head caved in by Rick :(

3. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

I know! How come every guy I think is hot on this show is either stupid, crazy, dead, or all of the above!
    I was wondering where you were bud. You're usually one of the few people who actually posts something serious and thought provoking lolz.

4. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

Ditto I also found Gareth hot this season and well I'm sure he'd have swallow but not in the way I'd have liked!

5. jwcoombs

[MENTION=39001]HondaS2kXD[/MENTION]

Did you see Maggie's badass new revolver? I hadn't noticed that at all over the course of these 7 episodes. I don't think it was in the gun bag, as I'm pretty sure the only S&W revolver in the bag was Tony's Model 29 in .44mag. She must have gotten it off one of the Hunters/Termites, it had to have been one of their sidearms.

That being said, it's a sweet wheelgun; and even those she didn't choose it on purpose, it's actually a very nice gun and retains many special features that would make if very effective in the apocalypse.

It's was S&W M&P R8, chambered in .357 magnum(which means it can also use .38spl and on top of that, he and Rick can share ammo now), it has an 8 round capacity(my favorite feature), 5"bbl, 10.5" overall length, 36.3 oz unloaded weight, scandium alloy frame, and stainless steel cylinder, as well as a 1 1/2" under mount picatinny rail.

[​IMG]

You think maybe Maggie will tacticool hers once she raids a few more gun shops? LOL

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. jwcoombs

Yeah, lol. I was busy kicking walls, throwing things, yelling and pulling my hair out. My TV screen was frozen on a stupid still shot of the station wagon that hit Carol for like 3 hours. And on top of it all, my internet was on the fritz.

It was a sh*tty Sunday to say the least. :(

7. jwcoombs

Eh, Gareth wasn't man enough for me.

8. jwcoombs

I can't help but notice Daryl is really going through a monumental evolution. I mean, he's been subtly developing for a long time. But now, he's actually seems like a new person, as if he's molted, or shed the skin of his old self. Like a butterfly from the cocoon so to speak.

He's used to be erratic, violent, maybe even a little bloodthirsty. But now he's found this humane side of himself, he's sick of killing the living. It all hearkens back to season one, when Rick pulled his Python on Daryl and said-"We don't kill the living". It's not that Daryl is any less tough, or no longer has the stomach, or the courage necessary to kill or be killed; it's the fact that he's evolved and he realizes they, as a species, are killing themselves. The apocalypse, the zombies, the plague, he's realizes these things aren't the demise of the human race, the human themselves are. That's what he's sick of I believe, he sees the real enemy for the first time, and also sees the ridiculousness in killing each other and constantly betraying people. How can they ever thrive and rebuild if everyone is dead? Like Rick said in Season 4-"You need people to stay alive, they make you stronger. That's the way it is now."

It's like Daryl finally sees the truth in Tyreese's outlook on life. It's not weak or cowardly, it's actually the polar opposite. Ty believes, that amiable solutions can be found for violent problems, and "everybody gets to go home". At first that may see naive, but it's far from it. It's actually extremely strong, insightful and courageous. Daryl see's this now, they are strong, they don't need to fear other humans. And maybe, just maybe, if they dial down the hostility and violence, then it could be a real possibility that more encounters with the living don't have to turn ugly. Because a lot of time it's just the lack of trust, and subsequent confusion, misinterpretation, and escalation that makes most encounter turn real ugly, real fast. I think Daryl is starting to see things differently, starting to believe in the goodness of people again, he believes that maybe if he doesn't treat every living person like an enemy, they could potentially become an ally, if given the opportunity.

Daryl, has finally learned what I consider to be one of the most important lessons a person can learn in life. Something that even Rick, with all his strength, and power, and unbending courage, is still struggling to learn--

That lesson being that true courage is not knowing when to take a life; but knowing when to spare one.

9. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I agree about Daryl's change, and that is what 'Alone' was all about, at the start of Alone, Daryl tells Beth, he'll take care of any people at the funeral home, and he doesn't think any good people make it any more. At the end, sitting in the kitchen, he suggests they stay there and deal with whoever comes back, to work it out. Beth tells him "So you do believe there are still good people left. What changed your mind?' And he ends up staring at her, and then the "OH" from her. I don't say this as a Bethyler, so don't go there, please, this isn't about any other feelings that may or may not be there. But he did take away something with him from his time with Beth, and she took away something from her time with him. They both took away survival skills. Beth may have been young, dumb and naive, but she also carried with her a different outlook on life that seems to have struck a cord in Daryl.

10. jwcoombs

Did anyone catch the TTD sneak peek? My cable was out for that too and I can't seem to find it online anywhere.

11. jwcoombs

From MTV's review of "Crossed"--

Beth Greene continues to step it up in Grady Hospital. She’s not free, but she does manage to persuade Officer Dawn to get her some meds to help Carol… Though her plotline does end with the ominous words: “Carol, it’s Beth. I just wanted you to know I was here.”

On a show where every word is chosen carefully, the use of the past tense for Beth makes us very, very worried for her continual survival.

12. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

yeah, I thought that cylinder looked funny.

more importantly; didja see the promos for next week's episode? Lots of windage flags, shots of Daryl and Sasha with sniper rifles, and Rick just wants to talk. Methinks we could get our hunter sniper Sasha scene yet.

13. jwcoombs

Sasha stupid. Hormones got her twisted.

14. jwcoombs

Oh definitely. After her comment this week-"We can't go outside. But I'm a pretty good shot." coupled with the windage flags, we'll definitely be seeing some Sasha sharpshooting in the finale. I just really hope they purposely saved Rick's "finger-gun" moment for this showdown. It would be so much more perfect here, because the situational circumstances are nearly identical to the comic Hunters showdown. They'll believe Rick came alone to negotiate, and he'll lays his gun down. They'll think they have him dead to rights when he says-"Watch this.."

That scene, the side-shot of Rick approaching the showdown across the top of the parking garage with is hands in the air, and the little red windage flag in the very near foreground of the shot, buffeted by and whipping swiftly in the wind. I bet they Grady Bunch doesn't even notice the flag/flags placed strategically around the killbox.

15. jwcoombs

I think it wounded Rick personally a little bit when Daryl indirectly expressed his unwillingness to perform the brutal acts that Rick volunteered him for so easily and without second thought.

I'm not sure if Rick had a moment of introspection right then, he may have. He may have heard Daryl and thought to himself, "Am I too violent? Am I too quick to kill, to take the life of a stranger so callously? Is that wrong? Am I wrong? Am I the bad guy??". But, I'm not so sure he did. I think he was more focused on Daryl's lack of bloodthirst, and lack of loyalty, faith and confidence in Rick. He most likely though to himself-"This man is supposed to be my brother, why is he disagreeing with me? He's supposed to be the one who stands by me even after everyone has turned against me".

Like I said earlier though, it's clear that Daryl, and the group as a whole is undergoing a monumental evolution. They've always been strong, but now they're learning to harness a new strength, one that exponentially more powerful. The strength to help people rather than hurt them. They're strong enough that they no longer need to fear the living. They're evolving into something more than a pack of wolves, more than highly effective killers and survivors. They're developing ideals and principals again. But it was Rick's decent into the darkness, his ability to embrace that bloodthirsty, relentless, ruthless and uncompromising savage beast inside of him, that allowed for the preservation of the very humanity the others all hold so dear now. It's just a little more difficult for Rick to come around to that, and although he will eventually settle down, he'll never truly retain the type of humanity and compassion that he was able to preserve for the others. That's just the burden he bears, the millstone or the cross; Rick had to sacrifice that part of his soul as a type of cosmic currency to pay for the lives, ideals, the history and the future he saved.

All that being said though, sadly, the group just isn't there yet, and Rick knows this. It's why he's more and more frustrated with the groups attempts to exercise their new found strengths and humanities. It's not time for that yet. At this point in time, the best things to be is still a ferocious killer and fierce survivor. This has already been proven true by the failure of the prisoner trade plan. Had they followed Rick's plan, the one he "knows will work"(because he knows, and is confident in his ability to kill many men, but no so confident in his ability to negotiate hostage trades), the either would have already captured and killed 3 Grady Cops, reducing their numbers greatly, and putting the odds heavily in Rick's favor, or they would have already infiltrated the hospital, killed a few Grady Cops and been halfway to the top with the element of surprise still on their side. When are they going to learn to stop questioning Rick? His methods may be brutal, but they produce results. I mean, they begged for him back at the prison, and praised God for him at Terminus. Has he failed them yet? No. So trust him, and stop thinking about it so much. Be a soldier.

16. Necrophile213

Necrophile213 Well-Known Member

I really hope that it's Daryl's new found softness that ends up getting him killed. The perfect scenario for me would be that when Negan arrives that Daryl gives him a free pass like he did with Noah and that cops and it cost him his life.

17. DietWater

I think the proper question is are we man enough for Gareth?

And the answer is an obvious....

Duh.

18. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Shepherd is a lovely human being and I will be rooting for her hardcore to live through the mid-season finale.

19. DietWater

My friend's Brother's fiance's ex's stepdaughter works on the show and confirmed that she is mincemeat.. :(

20. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member