Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

509 - Praise and Positivity ONLY thread!

Discussion in 'Episode 509 - What Happened and What's Going On' started by CheesyBirdMess, Feb 8, 2015.

1. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

~*~Positivity ONLY thread!~*~

A place for praise and compliments regarding this weeks episode. Tell us all the good things you liked about the episode.

No negativity, criticisms or complaints in here, please! Also NO Back-handed compliments (eg: "I loved not seeing Beth") - NO BOASTFUL or GLOATING comments either please (eg: "I love that Beth died/got slapped" etc)...

There is already a complaints thread for these things here:
    http://www.walkingdeadforums.com/forum/f451/5x09-complaints-101061.html

So do go there or any other number of other threads relevant to your topic, or start your own topic. Please allow us to have this ONE topic for good vibes and fun and keep this a cool place for people who just want to see positive posts. Okay?

Tell us what moments you enjoyed tonight!

Your Favourite Interactions between characters. Favourite Action. Favourite Walker, or Walker Kill. Favourite Quotation.

Go!

2. isglenntough

isglenntough New Member

Do you think the producers will have the guts to kill off Glenn or Maggs? They seem to slow the show down a lot

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Once again thanks for this thread [MENTION=51542]CheesyBirdMess[/MENTION]

4. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

I loved not seeing Beth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)*^!^!!&*!^(%@*$!%(@!)@!^^!@)@!)!@&*!()

[​IMG]

#4 Gaycandybacon, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  5. CheesyBirdMess

[​IMG]

6. Gaycandybacon

Dat was like the highlight of mi life Kanye

7. The Great Zombini

The Great Zombini Well-Known Member

With Beth out of the picture, it looks like its Daryl and Carol!

8. Gaycandybacon

God damnit lol

9. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

I liked how they did it a lot. Even though many of us suspected what was going to happen it still got to me. I didn't think I'd cry over the death of Tyreese as I wasn't all that attached to the character but they got me to do it so good job by them!

10. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I like that Tyreese is gone and that we did see Beth again.

11. Daryl's Owl

Daryl's Owl Member

That blew me away, I was actually on the edge of my seat at times.

12. SStark

SStark Active Member

[​IMG]

13. SStark

SStark Active Member

TWD has a weird way of getting me really upset about characters dying that I wasn't really attached too.

I never had a thing against Tyreese. He was fine by me, but just not in that elite group of characters (Rick, Daryl, Maggie, Michonne, etc.) for me. Still though, him dying just got to me. I think it's just the fact that, barring flashback, we'll never see them on the show again.

14. Monty70

Monty70 Member

So sad to see Ty go. What a great way to go though, he made his peace and slipped away.

Too cool to see the Governor again, I almost spilled my drink when the walker morphed out of his hallucination.

15. Gaycandybacon

Damn youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu beth haunting the show n' shit.

16. CheesyBirdMess

Really an amazing, deep episode. I really liked the intro scene before the title credits. It was so unusual and different and just sets the tone for the whole episode.

Oh man the feelings for all involved. Glenn just seems numb at this stage... Like he thinks nothing really matters and that no ones in control, and it doesn't seem to matter what they do.

Rick seems like he's teetering on the edge of pushing everyone too far, and pushing so hard to make it - which can seem like they are losing their humanity. Michonne definitely worries about that that. Seeing her tear up realizing that Shirewilt was gone and couldn't be fixed or saved was so powerful - As was her speech to Rick. I love that Rick agreed with her in checking out Washington. Great moment between the two.

Tyreese. "I know What's happened, and what's going on!" and he hasn't lost his humanity, and honestly seems like he was in some ways happy to pass. That way he never does have to lose his humanity, or compromise himself or his morals... Did anyone else think that? It was Like he was at peace with himself, and accepted that it was somehow better this way for him. But of course that leaves poor Sasha having lost Bob and Tyreese.

I loved seeing Bob back for a bit, giving Tyreese some sensible and heartfelt advice. Lizzie and Mika, wow just amazing to see them two. Martin - that douchebag is clearly in Hell with The Governor! LOL!

Loved the nod to Beth and having that be a nice 'end' to her as well.

I thought it was very deep and meaningful, and a lot of layers there that won't be apparently until perhaps the rest of the season is over - and in rewatching a few times!

17. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

agree with everything, and also thought about The Grove that had the flash forward scene at the beginning, of lizzie and the walker girl playing outside, so both episodes that featured Ty started this way.

18. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

My stomach is still all in knots. I think was fitting for Ty to go out with that inner battle. He remained true to his values.

19. Gaycandybacon

This episode really did feel like The Grove a bit and gimp wrote both

20. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Fantastic ending for Tyreese. I've seen people (not necessarily here) say that Tyreese didn't deserve that ending, but I actually think it was perfect for him. He was facing a lot of guilt, and the characters that were brought back were reflections of that. With the conversation he had with the Governor's hallucination (which I absolutely loved, especially when he said everything about him was dead), and with what Lizzie, Mika, Bob and Beth were saying, he was able to get over his guilt and die in peace with what he had done. Despite how brutal the world was, he didn't sacrifice who he was (unlike the Governor or Martin). It also showed that for some, dying isn't exactly the worst thing and better for some. I also see quite a few people say that it was a very sad death, even though Tyreese wasn't the most popular character. It's a shame he wasn't more popular, but he did get a very sympathetic and memorable death. His beanie on the cross was what got me the most.

Great episode. I haven't even gone into how interesting I found the others that episode.

#20 ltomlinson31, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2015