Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

509 - Praise and Positivity ONLY thread!

Discussion in 'Episode 509 - What Happened and What's Going On' started by CheesyBirdMess, Feb 8, 2015.

1. IncognitoForever

IncognitoForever Active Member

Seeing the two demons Gov and Martin and the 4 ~~~@~~angels~~@~~~ Mika, Lizzie, Bob AND Beth coming back to comfort Tyrese and lead him to a new world up in the "clouds".

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Do you ever have so much you want to say/type that your mind cannot seem to slow down enough in order formulate your thoughts and feelings coherently? That is pretty much where I am at this moment.

So until I am able to do so, let me just say - well played Mr. Gimple and Mr. Nicotero and all the actors involved in this episode. Beautifully, beautifully done!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

This happens to me a lot, and it's a partial reason why my handwriting is complete and utter shit.

4. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I think I need a good nights rest and a shower, before I can process all of my thoughts (and I even read the spoiler).

5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed the performance given by the gent who portrayed Martin. Not to mention, he really made me want a piece of gum!!

6. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

He was a very well developed character. He was in 2 episodes(?) and the hate I have for still festers. Very clever to have him use psychological warfare on Ty, for the second time.

7. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

I wonder if he was a baseball player back before the ZA. He reminded me of my little league days and big league chew.

[​IMG]

8. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

9. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

the 2 girls, Beth and Bob where all hopeful or innocent characters, Lizzie was warped thru no fault of her own, do you think it's just saying that they can't survive this new world?

10. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

Yeah those guys were the people that weren't really made for this world, and the Gov and Martin are the ones who will do anything to stay alive, they were 2 sides of the same coin basically.

11. IncognitoForever

IncognitoForever Active Member

You're not the only one. Men's handwriting are generally "chicken scratches" lol. It's what happens when one works in front of a keyboard/computer all da time that tey forget to know how to hold an actual pencil or Bic pen.

12. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

I have great praise for the fact that this episode the nut feature Tara and I am extremely appreciative for the writers of given Tyrese the big goodbye...

13. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

It was almost too much for me to process in one evening. I'm still thinking about all the character interactions. But I love, love, love the way the episode was put together -- messing with our expectations about the funeral; the time skip; the flashbacks and forwards; the closeups on the bullet hole in the windshield, the skeleton in the woods, the family photographs, etc.; the washed-out and burnt film effects, the slow-motion walker-killing scene by the gates -- just beautiful.

14. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

And Andrew's British voice on the radio! :Grin:

15. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

I thought it was his voice! But wasn't quite sure! Kept meaning to ask! Glad you brought it up!!

16. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

[MENTION=8823]Johnnie Walker[/MENTION] called it in the live reaction thread, and then Nicotero confirmed it on TTD.

#36 and138, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

The grammy's were on last night? Huh, had no idea this was still a thing (being snarky). Though I honestly did not realize they were being televised last night - shows the degree of tunnel vision I have been experiencing the last week or so

18. batongal

batongal Active Member

I liked that the hallucination of Bob had him using Ty's quote to Noah regarding Beth, "it went the way it had to, the way it was going to." Loved the Gov being a big old meanie, when Mika and LIzzie say "it's better now" and he barks, "it's NOT better now!" ha ha ha
    Loved the last scene in the car how Ty went out peacefully. Loved the way the car is speeding down the road, abruptly stops, they all somberly get out. Wow so painful. Loved how for once Andy Lincoln's quote about the episode was spot on, dreamlike, visually intoxicating, a beautiful episode.

ugh wanted to add one more thing, I loved the black screen at the end, the credit rolls, and you hear the sound of Rick shoveling Ty's grave. So frickin sad.

#38 batongal, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  19. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

20. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

I also must say that I liked Glenn a lot during this episode. Not only is it great they're not making all of his material tie in with Maggie this season, but it's amazing to see how negative and beaten down he is. I initially wanted to smack him for being such a downer, but this guy was once so cheerful and optimistic. This world has really taken a toll on him and he captures the group's general mood now. They're.in an extremely dark place now, and while this is something they say a lot in interviews, it truly is the darkest they've ever been.

I rewatched and the last few minutes are amazing. I love Bob's final smile to Tyreese (I miss him too :( ), and the music playing as Tyreese died and they pulled over were just depressing. Sasha and Rick's actions were great without saying a word. Sasha just looked defeated as she shoveled her (tiny) bit of dirt into the grave, and Rick's face a d how he dug the grave show how this world is getting to him.

Seriously loved this episode. One of my favourites in the series so far.