Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

509 - Praise and Positivity ONLY thread!

Discussion in 'Episode 509 - What Happened and What's Going On' started by CheesyBirdMess, Feb 8, 2015.

1. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

Totally agree about Glenn. My first thought when I saw Glenn out there is why is was out there without Maggie. I mean, I were them I wouldn't go anywhere without the other for fear of separation due to some big event (although I guess the walkies helps). However, I think maybe this is a good way for the show to get their own individual personalities back. I really hope they continue to do this because I hated that their whole beings became about each other.

2. Screaminleeman

I don't have any seriously unresolvable issues with this episode. I think it was an excellent shift from the Dawn/ Hospital storyline.

One of my extreme utter pet peeves in general about TWD is that the group has remained in an relatively small area with very little respite from the zombie hordes in the Atlanta area.

Thank goodness we have finally gotten the first episode of TWD that takes place outside of Georgia.

I was also resonably happy to discover that Virginia was also affected by the ZA. It would have been seriously embarrassing if the group got to Virginia and found that it was virtually cleared of infected.

3. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

I loved this episode. Just when I think that TWD can't show me anything new or give me a different experience it shows me how wrong I am. I think it was very interesting to see what goes on with the victim of a bite. I always wondered what Jim was feeling or thinking when he was left alone to die by the road in S1. And because of that I have a whole other set of questions when we see characters die. Will Daryl see Sophia? Will Carl see Shane? The possibilities are endless.

5. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

I saw someone on facebook say they thought the episode was "beautifully brutal" and I think that sums it up nicely.

I think even if you're not a big Tyreese lover, or are even into arty-farty stuff, it was done so poignantly with a lot of layers to dissect and discuss that it was a very moving and artistic piece of television cinema.

6. Dreet

Dreet Well-Known Member

Just quoting you because I agree.

7. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

Totally. I wasn't a big Tyreese fan and pretty much expected his death was coming and I still had so many feels for this episode. Great job by Nicotero.

8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

His reviews are always worth a listen/watch

[video=youtube;gRFm1WNExbE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRFm1WNExbE[/video]

9. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I'm so glad that there is this niche, for the praise and positivity, from an episode.

Seriously guys/gals, I'm so glad that all of you watch the episode.

10. Prufrock

I can't stop looking at his memorabilia...I lose sight of what I'm watching it for!

11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Today I pondered a bit on Glenn in this episode, and then that eventually led me to ponder a bit on Steven Yeun. In the Times Talks panel with Andrew Lincoln he (Steven) stated that working with Andy was like going to graduate school, taking a master class in acting. I have to say, Steven's lessons certainly paid off in this episode. He has really grown as an actor and it was quite evident in the understated performance he gave in this episode while having his talk with Rick.

We now have a Glenn who is finished with trying to make nice. He is finished trying to be that person who believes that taking the high road is the better choice - basically he is finished channeling Dale. He now sees the world for what it is and who you have to be in order to live to see another day.

I am still unsure, maybe unsettled is the better word, about our beloved characters becoming so hardened that they lose sight of what it means to also allow yourself moments to embrace that which makes you human. Hopefully by reaching their chosen destination they can find it within themselves to reclaim some of that which has been lost.

12. Prufrock

I really enjoyed the radio broadcasts. (I'm lazy so, I'll repeat what I said somewhere else)

13. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Yeah I loved the voice over the radio (not just cos it was Andy's) but for sure it took me til someone here on the forum said it was talking about them as a group and their acts of ;violence; and "terrorism" as it were... I had thought it was talking about the zombies themselves and the start of the outbreak!

So many great dualities there and a lot we can discuss, dissect and take away from - and that's what I really like!

14. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Couldn't of said it better my man!

Splitting Maggie and Glenn was totally perfect, then pairing with Michonne and Rick .. exactly what I was hoping for !!

Like [MENTION=17192]Dnae[/MENTION] said (I believe) there's so much I want to say/type but just can't get it out fast enough. lol

15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Yes Yes and Yes!!!

16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Home from work today, fever of 101 and chills, house is empty except for myself and the felines - cannot think of a better time to re-watch this episode and at least attempt to sort through all the thoughts and feels I have for this episode.

17. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I like the fact that they have Michonne stepping up to playing a leadership role. She seemed very strong, and having good reasons for her decision, not just, "I don't want to do this again". Realizing the Eugene might have a point even though he was a lowlife and convincing Rick to act on it was great.

18. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

In that Times Talk, he kept saying he couldn't answer questions about his favourite scene to act because it was about to come up on the show. I'm wondering if the scene he referred to will have something to do with this new, pragmatic attitude.

19. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

While I suspect Chad is bummed to be killed off, he has to feel honored that his character was given such an in-depth exploration of his struggle. The only thing I hated was that it seemed stupid for a vet like him to be so oblivious to his surroundings (as he stood gazing at the picture), but I reconciled that by deciding that even before the bite, at some unconscious level Tyreese was ready to let go, or at least face that possibility more closely than ever. I see Tyreese as having been in a kind of limbo--more than other characters--between the world that was and the world that is. Interestingly, he had no illusions about the world that was: he knew quite well what evil humans could inflict upon each other. So it's not like he was coming from this "But everything was so nice before!" place. I think if he hadn't seen so many loathsome humans, he could have gone on killing walkers till the cows come home. (6:15 EST, BTW.) I was raised Methodist, and remember the phrase (from one of Paul's letters, I think): "Well done, thou good and faithful servant." Tyreese is finally ready to turn off the bad news.

20. Lupey

Lupey Member

I was not a fan of Tyreese and the "baby sitter" that they turned him into. That all changed with this episode. I thought this was one of the better episodes to date. Just so much about this that I loved. I have watched it 3 times now and I really enjoy every scene in this episode. I loved how they explained what has happened with the big guy over the seasons.