Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

511 - Praise and Positivity ONLY Thread!

Discussion in 'Episode 511 - The Distance' started by CheesyBirdMess, Feb 22, 2015.

1. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

2nd watching: at the end when they have the extreme close up on Rick's face...my god, he said it all when his face went from stress and worry and then upon hearing the children playing to hopeful. And Carol "Even though you were wrong, you were still right"

3. CheesyBirdMess

4. Daryl's Owl

Daryl's Owl Member

The Richonne was so strong with this one. At first i wasn't that into them as a couple/ hadn't seen enough to really believe it would happen but after this episode im almost certain it will.

The best relationships are when two people who challenge each other and bring out the best in each other get together. We already know Michonne owes it to Rick that she came out of her dark place and now we're seeing her Help to keep Rick out of his. When she put her hand on his i knew it to be true

5. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

Welcome to the greatest club there is! We should have our own banner [MENTION=51542]CheesyBirdMess[/MENTION]

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[MENTION=55841]DietWater[/MENTION] your #2 husband was awesome tonight - I hope they keep the momentum for his character moving forward

7. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Great episode, I loved it. It was awesome to see how cautious Rick was after his previous experiences with Woodbury and Terminus, even if poor Aaron had to deal with it. It was also great to see Michonne wanting to take that chance, and opposing how Rick was approaching it, and it really helped Rick here. They really helped each other this episode, and those two have amazing chemistry. The last scene of them in the car, and you can see Rick's eyes as he hears the children inside was amazing. And of course there was Richonne's final momen in the car. Those two owned this episode.

I'll praise Glenn again too. Seeing him go from what he was saying in Episode 9, and then wanting to leave Aaron behind, to him at the end of the episode was great. He also did amazing on his own when he was separated from Richonne. In fact, the entire scene at night with the herd was amazing. Truly suspenceful. I love seeing walkers still showing themselves to be a theat.

Nice to see Abraham and Rosita able to talk after what happened at the fire truck and Rosita had her hand on her gun. It's not the relationship I'm fully invested in, but it's nice to see them have a few moments together.

Aaron and Eric's moment together was great. I'm already invested into their relationship, and I already like TV Eric much more than comic Eric. Ross Marquand also did great this episode.

Also, what they did to build up to this episode was brilliant. Terminus and Gareth were both so important for this group, and because of their experiences there, they didn't trust Aaron and it created a lot of convincing to get them to co-operate. Even then, the group still is obviously thinking about Terminus when they're here. The last two episodes also showed how shitty and horrible everything was getting, and they needed something like Alexandria. I like how those two ideals conflicted during the episode.

And I'm sooo excited for Alexandria to start. This half has been going great and I can't wait to see what else they have in store.

#27 ltomlinson31, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  8. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Favorite interaction:
    ALL OF THE RICHONNE! Especially in the car at the end. When Jessie shows up, Rick and her had better not even make eye contact. The internet could catch fire.

Favorite action:
    the badass night scenes. Fighting. Flares. Glenn being awesome. They'd better cut that shit out. If he gets much more likable, Daryl might miss his date with a pretty girl named Lucille. Also, that car plowing over walkers was Jesus-shows-up-at-your-house-WITH-PIZZA awesome. The red headlights are what got me. So cool. And that overhead shot was awesome.

Favorite walker kill: that flare walker is one of if not my all time favorite walker kill of the series. Firstly, the way it killed the walker was epic. Then in a stroke of luck, the walker fell back and became a flare-stand which helped illuminate the battlefield. Awesome.

Favorite quotes:
    "I wish there was a better word. 'Audition' makes it sound like we're a dance team... But that's only on Friday nights." -Aaron.

"Just so we're clear, that wasn't a 'let's attack this person' look. It was a, "he seems like an okay guy to me' look." -Michonne.

9. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Awwshit, that look! Richonne is real! I haven't watched the episode yet, but I'm assuming that shot is them driving to Alexandria? You'll never guess who was by Rick's side for a touching conversation in the comics. *fangirls*

10. CheesyBirdMess

11. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

That really was an awesome sequence, especially the overhead shot. They really struck a great balance between character interaction and action sequences in this episode. I'm so stoked for the rest of the season!

13. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

If it goes the way I think it will from the comics, the rest of this season will be pretty good, yes.

But next season will be fooking AWESOME!!!

No. Way. Out.

14. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

I love that the show manages to find tiny bits of humor and they're all a function of the relationships b/w characters. Michonne's line about her look was so quick and so natural. And was it Tara who asked Eugene if he was serious about his card move and he replied, "Serious as 2 dogs having sex"?

Loved that Michonne stepped up in her own way: "You know what you know, and you know it's right. But I don't." That was beautiful, as was her way of taking charge: Yes, we're going. Anyone have anything to say about that?

Of course I loved Aaron and Eric. Aaron was willing to get out of the car with his hands tied and try to run back to Eric. That devotion was also the source of one of my 3 favorite moments. Aaron had been so understanding of Rick's hesitation, so accommodating to his requests (even the ones that bordered on the ridiculous and abusive) but when Rick said that Aaron was sleeping away from Eric, that was the line. I'm not remembering the quote exactly, but it was to the effect of, "If you want to keep me away from him you'll have to shoot me." No more "I understand your caution." Just flat-out ENOUGH.

15. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

And by the way, it's official:

GAY PEOPLE DO RECRUIT!

16. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I really liked this episode. Some of the highlights for me:

• The interaction between Rick and Michonne.
    • The return of Glenn as a significant, strong member of the group
    • Small tribute to Dale with Glenn and the RV
    • Carol's line to Rick about how he might've been "wrong, but he was still right" regarding Alexandria
    • How it took a lot for Rick to give Aaron's group a chance, and he was still doubtful as they drove up to the gate.

17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;M2dNBLWFuXE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2dNBLWFuXE[/video]

18. CheesyBirdMess

I like this moment with Glenn getting some faith and humanity back:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

19. batongal

batongal Active Member

My favorite scene is when Rick punches Aaron after he says, "together we're strong, you can make us even stronger" I loved that those words completely set Rick off remembering Alex from Terminus "when people become a part of us we get stronger" - BOOM right hook!
    Like when Michonne says she'll go look for the cars and he says "there aren't any cars" in that Rick what'd you take me for an a-hole Grimes way. Loved the juxtaposition of Aaron's white Cadillac vs Grady cops black Cadillac. The shout out to Gorbelli making sphagetti-o's. The whistle calls at the water tower reminded me of a scene in West Side story. lol.

20. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I liked everything about that episode - my favorites are
    -Michonne trying to reason with Rick
    - Glenn, who had finally something to do again and had some great scenes (especially the Dale moment)
    - I really like Aaron and Eric
    - Judith was so unbelievable cute in that episode (and I'm normally not the 'aawww - look at the sweet baby' type