Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

512 and 513 episodes no Gabriel

Discussion in 'Episode 513 - Forget' started by rommelvr, Mar 10, 2015.

1. rommelvr

rommelvr New Member

Did the scheduling twd gods create a major blunder? He was not in the family shot where they were all huddled in 512 nor at cocktail party at 513. Then he shows up at the 514 teaser? What happened to continuity?

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Good lord, if I had a nickel for every 'where's' Gabriel thread, I'd have perhaps 65 cents. ;). Gabriel was in 512. He wasn't in 513 but either were Tara and Eugene. There's no continuity error. They are in a larger community now, so we may not see everyone every episode.

3. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I wonder how people will react when he falls completely into the background. Never to be seen for how many issues now? 40?

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

"Warez thuh preest? He'z die? Why'z Iz not see thoz preest?"

5. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Maybe he locked himself inside the local church.

6. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

He could go raid the ASZ pantry, go into that church and feel right at home.

7. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Gabe don't need no stinking Team Prison roomies, he's bunking with God! They obviously have their own little chapel somewhere on the grounds that's set up for the pastor, and that's where he is. And he would be meditating instead of doing cocktail parties. And writing his Sunday sermon, good Lord, he's a busy man! Rick is probably glad about that, because the last thing he needs is a tattle tale.

8. The Dead βeta

To be fair, Gabriel has never really been one of them and wouldn't be considered family. He (or his church at least) came along just when they needed it and now he's just going along with them. Even Noah who joined the group later than Gabe has the Beth connection.

9. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Well, on behalf of Gabriel. He may just pick up arms and fight to save his new home. He won't have a choice, but to.

10. zombiemom62

Gabe's the only one callous enough to turn his back on people, his friends even, and let them die without doing anything. Even Eugene didn't turn his back on someone. I think that is what makes him not fit in, he would be hard to trust.

11. mfinley

mfinley Member

I'm glad not to see him, I think he's the most boring of any of the characters.

12. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

You should really read the comics. It takes him a while, but eventually, he becomes a freakin beast.

13. jojo

jojo Member

This. Yea and only interaction or conversations shown sense leaving for DC was between him and Maggie on the road. And it certainly wasn't a warm fuzzy convo. Ricks never gonna turn to him and ask for his advice on anything.

Well fuzzy maybe there was a hair shirt involved. lol

#13 jojo, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  14. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim Member

Wouldn't be surprised if Gabriel stays in the show long term. He may be connected somehow to the virus. Maybe he's a variety of Fallen Angel known as a Watcher. (W). The Watchers slept with human women and created a terrible plague from this sin. Not necessarily a religious or supernatural meaning, but a borrowed metaphor. Interesting to see if Gabe takes a lover or wife. Perhaps their
    children would not have the virus if Gabe makes some great act of redemption.

15. Craticus

Craticus Member

Gabe gets a lot of stick and I can see why, when he first showed up I was also face palming on every gabe scene, but I think hes actually quite interesting, I can see his story being pretty epic tbh...

16. Screaminleeman

I don't understand how "WE ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS!" could be in any way misconstrued that Gabriel IS NOT considered a member of the group by ANY of the Grimes gang.

Like another poster said, Noah is way less functional physically than Gabriel. He flat out STOLE Darryl and Carol's weapons and left them to defend themselves unarmed against Zombies. That is a highly trustworthy quality, no? Say "Beth" and ALL SINS FORGIVEN and welcome to the group with open arms! Tara was with the Governor Maggie watches the Governor behead her father, but again open arms, and no hard feelings.

At this point Gabriel has done less than ZERO bad toward the Grimes gang. He has no reason to want to "huddle" with the group that despises him so intensely now that he is a part of the larger Alexandria community.

17. Screaminleeman

How is stealing the weapons from Darryl and Carol and leaving them unarmed to deal with surviving the scene not "turning you back" on people? Is that act a seriously trust building initiative?

Rick at least had the decency of leaving Carol to her own devices with a vehicle and weaponry!

18. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Daryl pointed out in that scene that Noah was just a scared kid. Noah's not a fave of mine, but I think the fact that he's still a kid gets lost in all the Noah hate. I think the problem with Gabe is that he left his parishioners to die a horrid death while he locked himself up safely in the church, and yet when they found him he was screaming for help from others. He seems to pass judgment on our group for how they behave, but doesn't acknowledge what he did is just as bad, if not worse...these were people he knew and he abandoned them. Like Maggie said...Don't pretend that didn't happen.
    I like Gabe's character, hopefully they do something interesting with him. In the trailer, it looks like he has some scenes next week, so maybe we'll get to see him develop past the timid, useless character they've portrayed him as so far.

19. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

Gabriel is a detestable character. I know that goes with out saying but I just wanted to say it. Noah is a young lad and he didnt know if Daryl and Carol were going to use those weapons on him or not. Gabriel is beyond redemption imho as a character, especially from what Ive gleaned from all my spoiler lurking. Eugene is mostly just as bad, as a person, as a character he provides a little comic relief. However, he may redeem himself one way or another, I think he has potential. As far as not seeing Gabe in the last couple eps, I have a feeling there was a reason for it. I think they will tie that up. He is a man who is completely unable to make a good decision, how he pastored a church is beyond me, its a heavy responsibility. I think it will be interesting to see how they play this out with him. I think he got to asz and immediately decided he didnt want anything to do with the group, that he wanted to distance himself from them. They are too much of what he isnt, he's a coward, they are courageous, they make decision, he lives by indecision and with his blinkers eternally in the ON position. When Reg met Rick at the party he noted that everyone said he was an amazing leader. I wonder what how the interview with Gabe really went. It'll be interesting to find out. He refuses to see beyond his own needs. I liked how they portrayed Herschel as a christian, or a man of faith. He was flawed but he was a good man. Gabriel is absolutely detestable.

#19 WhatThe..., Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  20. zombiemom62

Noah was motivated for selfless reasons, he was going to try to get Beth out, and he did judge them competent, and rightly so.