Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[512]- Criticisms and Complaints

Discussion in 'Episode 512 - Remember' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 27, 2015.

1. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

Bro, I've never seen you say that! Alright, if you claim the line, next time I will actually dislike your post instead :p

2. Jon Snow

Jon Snow Member

It felt like a soap opera.

3. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

I'm honestly just losing faith in the show and I feel crap for saying that. It just doesn't feel like the show I started watching in season 1 and loved.

This ASZ storyline just isn't for me. It just jars with how desperate the world and our people have been so far. You have the army over run, the CDC gone etc yet this bunch of weaklings have everything because of a steal wall and solar panels and are greener than green.

Our group ran into the Gov, cannibals and Joe's group who tried to rape Carl, yet this community is fine and dandy with a wall that a 12 year old girl can scale.

I just don't know, if the world is as bad as we have been lead to believe then I just don't buy this ASZ and its residents. Nothing about this episode excited me, I cant even seem to care who took Rick's gun as does it really matter? 'Our' group could over-run and take over that community in about 10 minutes.

One plus point is Rick looks hot again and the guy (Aiden?) is pretty hot too.

4. Strife

Strife Member

I have a feeling some fans who don't read the comics, or don't know what is coming in the future arcs may abandon the show for a while. It seems as if the show will delve deeper into 'soap opera'-ish elements for a bit, and I think some fans will feel cheapened by the lack of desperation and gore that the show has depicted so well up to now. That said I do have faith in TWD team to recognize this and sprinkle in walker kills and give us juicy enough stories to keep us on the edges of our seats, but some folks may lack the patience to see this transition through.

Personally I did think this episode a bit slow, but I fully expected it to be so. That's not to say it was bad, simply the pacing was slower than we've been used to as of recent. It was a transition episode from living like a wild animal to trying to become civilized again, and there are so many cool aspects the show can explore on the transition of each and every individual character.

Yes, there will be some unconventional moments you're not used to seeing in TWD. Yes, the walker kill count may potentially drop for a bit, but the action will return! Don't despair, you've gotten this far while enjoying every minute of it on the way, and Mr. Kirkman has scripted a great epic through and through...it's not suddenly going to stop being such.

We'll begin to explore a new angle we've yet to see on the show and sooner than later we'll see new threats, both dead and alive, in the likes of which you've never seen before.

5. TC93

TC93 Member

I thought this show was ok, you can't have non stop action all the time. Although I really disliked the closeup shot of Ricks long crooked toenails in the shower, it was totally disgusting. There was no need to be showing that.

I'm guessing that Rick will fall in love with that lady, and this will go on a long while. Which will make it boring if that happens.

There is no way though that I can see them staying in the closed community, because they will have no show if they do. Eventually something is going to happen that forces them out. Plus you have that one guy who was headed to Washington trying to find them.

6. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

I just didn't feel anything interesting about these new people either. I cant really put it into words but they seem neither a threat nor much to them. It almost felt like our group moved in and within 2 days was in charge and running the place or potentially will be. If that is the coming plot or storyline I'd have rather our group found their own safe place or built one themselves.

I'll keep watching and hope I'm wrong, cus heck I do love the show but I cant say I'm not pretty disappointed right now.

7. Renegadewv

Renegadewv New Member

Wouldn't a congresswoman have some insight?

I would've thought that the minute Deanna mentioned being a Congresswoman in DC, someone in the group would ask for info on what happened to cause all of this? I would think that a high ranking politician would have an inside track on what caused this situation, if anything was being done about it and what happened to the President and other high ranking officials? Why would the soldiers just turn her around and not get her to a safe facility. Wouldn't govt. officials be a high priority in a global catastrophe? I may be reading too much into this, but with all the attention to detail in the series, I thought questioning a govt. official was a glaring omission.

8. DombrowskiX

DombrowskiX New Member

I really enjoyed this episode. It is a different show and I love it! It had to happen to avoid repetition.

I think Deeana sent Aaron to find recruits capable of fighting and keeping order in ASZ. Deeana's son and his friend are incapable of finding supplies without losing lives and are not qualified in keeping the peace or repelling outside threats. Speaking of threats...I think Enid is suppling someone outside of the wall. Possibly the people who were exiled. I'm confident Rick will figure that out.

A 90 minute season finale is on the horizon. I think a major threat will roll up to the walls soon enough. Not sure if it's Negan or someone else with bad intentions.

BTW I would love to see Rick and Michonne cruising the area in a cop car.

9. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Golf Cart!

[​IMG]

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

This complaint thread seems to speak volumes for the episode....is one of the shortest complaints thread I have seen!

11. CheesyBirdMess

Duh!

12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

hrumph!!

13. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Where's [MENTION=6432]sam12six[/MENTION]? Is he sick? ;)

14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Hmmmm who is this person you refer to?

15. sam12six

sam12six Member

There was nothing worth complaining about in the episode...

sorry

16. lovethishow

lovethishow Member

I second this.

We got some great Rick ab action though!
    [​IMG]

17. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

512 is now officially the best TWD episode evar. :p

18. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Since this is the lowest number of pages of complaints, I've ever seen, I'll just kick the beehive...

Not enough narwhals!

[​IMG]

19. sam12six

sam12six Member

I think it's mostly because the production crew didn't try to "wow" us. Every time they try to set up something they think is visually cool (zombie rain, landscape littered with tornado scattered zombies), they lead up to it with something idiotic. Whenever they try for an intense action scene (Daryl's bullet proof file cabinet and zombie, Glenn bulldozing through a herd without being dragged down and eaten), it just makes me roll my eyes. A little eye rolling is fun and fine. Too much gives you a headache and makes you wish there was some forum where you could bitch about it, oh, wait...

Whenever they try to set up a long scene of meaningful dialogue between 2 characters, because of the writers' lack of subtlety, they end up beating a dead horse with another dead horse (more eye rolling).

They didn't do either of those things this episode. We all know things are going to go bad. The door's still open to how, though. Will Daryl screw up everything out of frustration because he feels like he's nothing again? Will Rotcee boy screw up things by doing something boneheaded to try and make Rick's group look bad to his mommy? Will quiet girl open the gates to let a hostile group invade the community? Will some improbable disaster disable all the defenses the community has established and leave Noah standing there looking confused?

[​IMG]

Compare all that speculative possibility with the other enclaves they've encountered. You knew the Governor was going to go after the prison almost immediately. It didn't take long to see that the Termites were hungry. If you didn't already know just from living in the real world, they made it immediately obvious that cops are bad. Leaving room for the viewer to think about what might happen is a good thing.

Or (just so you know it's me and not someone who hacked my account)

It could be that the season to date has set the bar so low that anything not openly laugh-worthy isn't worth complaining about because it's a step in the right direction.

20. CheesyBirdMess

Why is everyone white!? No people of colour or any different ethnicity? Racist!!!

(I'm Joking BTW!!! But I literally saw this on another site of course! That's what I get for not just sticking close to here lol.)