Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

513 LEAVE what you don't....and then rate it

Discussion in 'Episode 513 - Leave What You Don't' started by Dnae, Sep 5, 2019.

?

Let the song speak to your critiquing soul

1. 5 Never Can Say Goodbye (Jackson 5)

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. 4 See You Later Alligator (Billy Hailey & The Comets)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3 Happy Trails to You (Roy Rogers & Dale Evans)

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. 2 On The Road Again (Willie Nelson)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1 Bye Bye Bye (N'Sync)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 0 Go Your Own Way (Fleetwood Mac)

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  7. -1 Leaving on Jet Plane (...nay Crop Duster Plane) (Peter Paul & Mary)

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  8. -2 Separate Ways (Journey)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. -3 So Long, Farewell (Sound of Music)

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  10. -4 Good Riddance (Green Day)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

A @Stealth inspired poll - he came up with the brilliant notion to add a few negative spots in the poll.

also inspired by songs about LEAVING.....

or saying goodbye

#1 Dnae, Sep 5, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Very creative. Lol

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I read an article today that suggested if watching episode 13 that you fast forward to the last 10 minutes of the episode. The person who posted this suggested that the last 10 minutes were better than what we have seen up to this point.

So I took that suggestion.

Well sort of. I watched the last 15 minutes rather than the last 10

I suppose if you are only comparing it to the other episodes of this season then it could, feasibly, be deemed "good". But lets be honest, that bar is set so low that it would only take one coherent sentence to rise above and have the ability to step over said bar.

I have more gripes and complaints about those 15 minutes I watched. I will save my bitching for after the Sunday showing. Just in case anyone watches.

Oh and since we have the new positive/negative poll for FTWD I will now use my 1. the fact that NOW in episode 13 this series is just now trying to be something of what it was in seasons 1-3? Well that just pisses me the f*ck off. That should have been the goal since 501 considering what a shit show season 4 was.

No, you know what, f*ck that 1 rating. I am pissed what they have done to Alicia, to Strand, to Dwight.

I am giving the first negative rating due to how damn long it has taken them to even attempt to make a decent episode this season. With the ratings nearing below the million (1.14 million for the last episode, lowest EVAH) mark they better hurry and fire the Tweedles, find a junior intern to take over as showrunner, postpone filming so Junior can scrap all the scripts and start from square one. Maybe then they could get through season 6 without dragging some of these actors down with the ship

#3 Dnae, Sep 7, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. naossano

naossano Member

Season 4 was a masterpiece compared to this one.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. VenomGA

VenomGA Well-Known Member

I LOVE the negative ratings in this poll. The way the episodes are going this season, i can see one being rated that soon,

6. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I was prepared to give this a 1 on the old format, but now that we're into the negatives I had to go with -1. That conflict at the end was like something out of a soap opera. All of Logan's people are immediately shot dead but none of our "heroes" are hit. Then we have a ridiculous standoff that is concluded with Luciana offering herself to the Clown Cowboy Posse. So she has the ability to refine gasoline now? Has she furthered her education at Zombie Apocalypse University?

What a mess. Not that Logan's group was particularly interesting, but you don't build them up for a full season to just wipe them out and insert new villains in their place. This show is terrible. Any random fan fiction would be better than what we're being subjected to now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Seems a few people in the twitterverse would have opted for the -4 rating based on this mornings twitter memes LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

For consistency reasons, I gave this 3/10. It was still a little better than the last few 2/10 episodes, even if very bad and completely dumb.

The good:
    - Logan and his crew's dead
    - Luciana found a day-job and might leave us alone (for a while at least, no doubt they'll find her again hidden under a rock next year)
    - Not much else

The bad:
    - These new villains are ridiculous, it's the unsexy version of Bandidas.
    - The whole refining oil thing
    - Someone here made me believe Sarah was dying this week. **** that.

The ugly:
    - Was there a day to night transition during a commercial break?!
    - In the show of coincidences (Morgan, Dwight, Luciana, Daniel), those twin Mile 65 calls were just perfect - felt like a 6th grader's attempt at teaching morals.
    - Every interaction from this group with "villains" is absolutely moronic. "Stop or I'll shoot you" / "You won't shoot me" / "Yeah you're right, I couldn't live with the remorse! Let me just kneel down instead"

9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Rotten Maters update (rating is in either red/fresh or green/rotten). Writers of each episode also listed.

501 - Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum 94% (of which I disagree with so much. It was nowhere near the quality of episodes we got from season 9 of TWD)

502 - Alex Delyle 64%

503 - Ashley Cardiff 85%

504 - Samir Mehta 73%

505 - Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum 73%

506 - Mallory Westfall 42%

507 - Richard Naing 38%

508 - Michael Alaimo 58%

509 - David Johnson 69%

510 - Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum 45%

511 - Mallary Westfall and Alex Delyle 50%

512 - Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum 38%

513 - Ashley Cardiff and Nick Bernardone* 92%????!!!!!! Who the f*ck is reviewing this shit????

514 - David Johnson
    515 - Michael Slaimo and Samir Mehta
    516 - Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum

#9 Dnae, Sep 9, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  10. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

So Long, Farewell, is an irresistible choice because of the repetitive nature. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I’m giving it a 4, but only because Logan is dead.

The truth is out there

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

I love the ratings system. Very clever.:)
    Setting aside any expectations, realism and ignoring major continuity issues, I liked this episode...well...more than most this season. Some actual storytelling and tension.
    They surprised me with Logan's death. I was really expecting Sarah to die. Although her part in the story was interesting in this episode, at least.
    I like Wes and I'm happy he's back.
    I had to laugh when Strand and Alicia were heading to help that woman and the truck stop, she asks what's wrong and he says "the inevitable". I felt like he was speaking to the show as a whole rather than the immediate situation.
    Annie Oakley is creepy, ruthless and annoying. An Alpha/Negan hybrid. Points to them for being smart enough to use horses instead of vehicles, but those outfits?! :confused:
    A definite positive was leaving Luciana at the oil fields. They've neutered her character so much that I can't stand watching her anymore. Did the new villains kill the two guys working at the fields? If not, then why do they even need Luci? Oh right. Because, aside from magically learning how to repair planes, she's now an expert on refining oil. And if these people are always watching and listening to the group, why would they need Logan to find these fields in the first place? I guess to have someone else do their dirty work?
    The rest of them ought to head back to the convoy, gas up and just leave the area.
    But they won't.
    I'm thinking that maybe at least Dwight, Salazar, maybe Strand? and perhaps that girl who's the head of the children's brigade may have a change of heart with the introduction of these new villains. That kid seems to still have some fight left in her. I don't think she's a full fledged Morganite. And maybe Wes too. He still appears to be a bit more realistic.
    That woman at the truck stop should be able to give them some key information about these people. Unless she was planted there to infiltrate them, but I don't think so?
    And if this group is so big, how have they not run into them before? With all the driving around they do, that seems pretty unlikely.
    So what's next?
    Alicia and Wes paint happy little trees together?
    Morgan undergoes another drastic personality change?
    All things considered, I'm going to stand on my little island and give this one a 5. :rolleyes:
    Compared to the rest of the season, at least this one had some compelling moments.
    Maybe it's just because it gave me an hour's break from watching my Steelers get rammed by my least favorite football team.;)

• Like Like x 2
  13. VenomGA

VenomGA Well-Known Member

I voted -1, if Logan hadn't been killed the rating would have been -3.

14. naossano

naossano Member

I actually liked the episode until dear Logan was popped out.

Was the rescued girl Al's girlfriend ?

15. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Which reminds me of something I didn't include in my original review of the episode, the actor who plays Logan had a terrible delivery of his lines when he was blaming Sarah for him taking the path that he did. The script for all of that was pretty bad, but the acting was awful too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

The word of the day is GOBSMACKED
    gobsmack
    Completely dumbfounded, shocked. From the Irish word "gob" meaning "mouth".

In what fresh hell are we living that episode 513 of FTWD received a 92% rating on RT?

To give a bit of universe perspective here:

TWD Episode 908 Evolution - Jesus dies. While beyond devastating that cemetery scene was perfection. And the goobs at RT gave this episode an 81% rating

TWD Episodes 910 Omega "bring me my daughter" and Episode 911 Bounty - Connie saves the baby both garnered 79% on RT

Let that sink in a bit. The episode that gave us Connie running through the corn field sits at 79% versus the FTWD episode that gave us Annie Fuckin' Oakley weighs in at 92%!

TWD Episode 914 Scars - Michonne kills all the children garners a respectable 85% BUT still behind the most recent piece of crap from Fear

I could go on and on but I just get more pissed off with each comparison

Dumbest blip from RT:
    Alyse Wax needs her "made myself a critic" card revoked!! Maybe clever...but brilliant? NO.

And now Erik Kaine is the critic making the most sense? Again I ask, what fresh hell are we living in???????

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. NakedCity

I think we can assume that the only people dumb enough to keep on with this show don't have the brains to realize that it's not only very bad, but an insult to the TWD original series (which isn't always that bright either, but still a million miles from this).

And then there's us. Probably not very bright either, and not voting on RT.

• Like Like x 2
  18. NakedCity

I feel like it's been done before, but can't remember where.

19. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

RT? Whatever it is, it is nuts.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Rotten Tomatoes. Lol

• Informative Informative x 1