Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

515 - Channel 5 Live

Discussion in 'Episode 515 - Channel 5' started by Sharpie61, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Looks like the admins lost interest too. Here’s a place to talk live, if you want.

The truth is out there

2. Basset Walker

Basset Walker Member

Can we ban all cameras from every episode???? Just when I think this show can't get any worse... and we're only 10 minutes in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sharpie61

It’s a sleeper episode, that’s for sure

The truth is out there

4. Basset Walker

Basset Walker Member

I don't know what surprises me more. That they totally ruined this show or that I keep watching it.......

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I'm watching in bed tonight because I know I'm going to fall asleep.

The ads for TWD might keep me interested though.

6. Sharpie61

Bye Tom

The truth is out there

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Putting aside the fact that I don't care for the first person camera filming and that there were a couple cases of significant suspension of disbelief tonight, and putting aside the obnoxious fact that they introduced a character I could have grown to bond with and then killed him off within 2 episodes, I think this was one of the strongest episodes of the season. If not the strongest. The show works better when almost all of the main characters are together in one episode. I give it an 8 out of 10.

8. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Seriously?

I mean yea, I'll admit this episode had some of my favorite moments of the entire season. I actually enjoy Morgan and Grace, but that was all of 5 minutes in this episode. I like Strand being a loudmouth, so that was another few good seconds. I liked seeing Dwight snap into form for a second there, raising his gun at the very mention of Sherry.

But other than that, maybe, 7 minutes, this was a snoozefest in a season of snoozefests. It was like waking up only to take a nap. I genuinely laughed when the gultch was over run by walkers.

I still don't understand this new bad group. So they use people to help people and if you aren't useful to them they kill you? Is that the basic idea of why they are bad people?

It felt obvious to me that Ginny and her group filled the place with walkers. It also felt obvious that they could heard them out of one of the openings and kill them off one by one. But that's just one of the "wtf are they doing" moments.

They had a tanker of gas and a bunch of cars, they were something like 50 miles from the ranch and a few miles from the retirement home where they found supplies. Instead of taking the entire convoy that way, start loading as many people as possible in each car, so they could eliminate some from the convoy. Let Morgan take one of those cars and go find the supplies while the rest of the convoy heads to the ranch. An average car can go 200+ miles on one tank of gas.

Also when trying to find a home, why not go back to the mall? Why not go back to the factory? The only reason they didn't before is because of Logan.

The writing on this show continues to get worse. I'm going to watch the last episode then call it a series, unless these two are fired before season 6.

9. Neuropyramidal

Well, yeah, considering that this season has set a very low bar for episodes being 'one of the strongest', yes, this was one of the strongest. Even one of the 'stronger' episodes of this season has a myriad of legit criticisms. So yeah, seriously ;)

It definitely beats beer bottle hot air balloons of bullshit, can't we all agree? This season, overall, is bad. So its a question of being the "prettiest" individual in an aquarium full of hirsute toads. You accept the trophy and the gift certificate to the indoor water park, and smile. The show is a disaster, and this episode was maybe the least disastrous.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

There are only two threads, and I just posted on the other one how much I hate the camera crap, so it made me smile to see the same responses here. I would give this episode another 7, same as last episode, my ranking based on how little I expect of the show anymore.

I couldn't for the life of me figure out why they wouldn't make one opening and do a controlled kill of the walker herd at the Gulch. Then in the preview it showed the fence was so rickety I don't know why the walkers pressing against it haven't already knocked it down. The writers managed to make it stupid from both directions--characters ignoring the obvious practical solution and then the convenient rickety plot device of a rickety fence.

So if Ginny's group herded the walkers into that space, that means they will have cleared all of the supplies out first. Both sides confuse me. I don't understand our group joining up with a bunch of sociopaths to get into a place that no longer has any value, even if it is cleared. I don't understand why Ginny goes to such lengths to humiliate another group that has nothing left to be robbed of. I don't understand how there are so few people left in the world but they are all strolling into convenience stores to watch warring propaganda videos. I can't remember if Dwight kept walking, but I'm with you, Dwight.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

So Ginny now is making videos to...just straight up copy cat? Jesus. And now they counter-film a video...

Can you people imagine being a survivor in the zombie apocalypse....you find a video, "Hmm shady bit reasonable..." Then you find another one...and then another one counter the other one...These 2 groups of IDIOTS making videos about how good theirs ares and not the other? Wtf

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

The camera work is okay at times but bit to mcuh "find footage" stuff. Also, I do not like the "horde mechanics" in this gam.....series anymore. Sometimes a bullet bring out a few, other times nothing, other times a HORDE. Sure she said a "Horde was down the road". But it got there so fast it almost would have gone there anyway just from hearing the work on the bridge and the voices!

EDIT: I don't get these people. They exploded ahead of Ricks gang at the same time, knowing everything. Madison dies and they slowly lose all their skills and talents? Their killer instincts? Walkers inside? Yeah so what? Ricks hobo commandos killed worse hordes earlier than this. Emptied a prison...Some walkers and they just give up. sharpened sticks, hold a bottle neck, the smallest one, and beat the walkers. No bige deal!

This bunch of people need a Rick or even a Negan or the Governor. Hell Ginny maybe was not such a bad idea? The leadership suuuuucks! x_x

I wanna see Rick and Negan show up in a even bigger convoy, going "Ginny who?" Smack her over the head with a baseball bat and going "Dwight...Morgan...it is time to come back home..stop this nonsense! We got Whisperers and shit back home...Also, we take on these people okay? Just come back..."

#12 Marc, Sep 23, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  13. VenomGA

VenomGA Well-Known Member

sounds like I didn't miss anything last night. I was at a concert in Atlanta seeing some true horror in GWAR. LOL

14. Neuropyramidal

lol this episode has a ZERO percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes. A first ever for the TWD franchise. By comparison, the main show, after 9 seasons and 131 episodes, has only had about 10 or 12 episodes score below 60% fresh. FTWD has had "rotten" scores for 8 out of the last 10 episodes, many of them down in the 30% range. I really hope the creators are looking at this and looking at the ratings which are slowly inching downward towards crossing the one million mark, and realizing that another new set of fresh showrunners are needed.

15. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Does it STILL have 0%???? That's crazy!!

16. Neuropyramidal

It does! Its only based on 9 reviews, but looking back at early episodes in the season, most of them still only have between about 9 and 14 reviews. So a few more might trickle in, and it might end up rising to the 10 or 15% range, but even so, unless the finale ends up being clay animation, with Morgan voiced by Fran Drescher, and the dubbing is so far out of sync that the characters keep talking through the first commercial, this episode will probably have the honor of being the lowest rated in the franchise for quite some time.

• Funny Funny x 1