Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

5x09 Complaints

Discussion in 'Episode 509 - What Happened and What's Going On' started by H5N1, Feb 5, 2015.

1. walkerbait74

walkerbait74 Well-Known Member

1) Tyreese came full circle and realized that he was not made for this world, therefore, he has to die. If he knew what was right and moral... he would have killed Martin, he would have stood at the fences with Karen and he would have had some balls when they went out on a supply run. He was not responsible for the girls, Lizzie was the only one responsible for everything that happened in the Grove. I think Sasha asked him to kill Bob to try and help him get his sh*t together, but it only made things worse.

2) There is NO WAY that Carol could have helped Lizzie, NO WAY. It was a moral dilemma for Carol and Tyreese(not even Tyreese, he 'd given up by the time everything went down at the Grove) Carol said she take care of them, and I believe she would have liked to kill Lizzie earlier and have Mika to raise properly. I think it weighed on her mind to just end it for Lizzie, but she had to take on ALL the responsibilities as they made their way to Terminus... where CAROL kicked ass!

3) We knew from the start that Tyreese was not as tough as his sister, but he could swing a mean hammer, lol He talked about letting himself get swallowed by that herd he fought.... which seemed possible, he should of at least gotten bit! You can't compare people on this show, it's what MAKES the show! You love some people, you hate others.... some redeem themselves with you, others don't. Carol and Rick have fought with their lives for this entire group, whether it has good or bad endings. We've seen the ZA transform everyone as to how they deal with the situations they encounter. It will always be that way with a TV show

4) Those "cops" weren't really cops. They wore the uniform and took advantage of the weak. Some were too scared to stand up for others and why make waves when the water is just fine? Those "cops" used fear to make people feel safe, just like our old friend, The Governor

5) WHERE'S #5???? LOL

6) I've never read the comic, don't intend to EVER read it....I like not knowing what's coming next. Whoever the next bad guy is will be worse than the last and I'm sure our little group of survivors will handle it....DC or Bust

Did you REALLY miss me? LOL :p

2. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

I know this has already been mentioned, but there was only one thing that really annoyed me, in the way that smart people doing inexplicably stupid things always annoys me: Tyreese gazing at that picture as if he thought the boys might be his. I totally understand why he would want to: how long has it been since he's been in the house of someone he actually knows? He's in Noah's house; these are Noah's brothers. The entire episode was about bearing witness, not turning away from the horrifying things. (Throughout the show, Tyreese would stare at corpses and other things that the others walked right past.) So from a psychological standpoint, I understand. But sweet mother of mortal danger, Tyreese, how could you be so clueless? How could you pay absolutely no attention to your surroundings, esp. since you knew there was at least one twin still there (in the other room)? Some attacks are completely out of the blue; in this one, the zombie had time to assemble one of the model airplanes while Tyreese just stood there with that thousand-yard stare. I ended up reconciling it by attributing his behavior to an unconscious urge to be done with it all, even before he was bitten. Because I can't stand thinking was just bone-stick-stone stupid.

3. LoneRogue

LoneRogue Member

Is Morgan ever...Ever...EVER going to meet up w/Rick and Company?

I was really hoping to see Morgan join the group already and in doing so, add some intrigue to cast of TWD!

But now, it sounds like as if everyone and their mother is going to head off to Washington DC..and if they do, I'm pretty sure they're not going to WALK...thus, If that happens, how is Morgan ever going to meet up w/them?

4. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

The map that Morgan found indicated a route to DC. It's a good thing that is where they are going now because it is the ONLY way Morgan is ever going to meet up with them. I wouldn't hold your breath though. I don't think Morgan is going to find them until at least the end of the season, if not next season.

5. LoneRogue

LoneRogue Member

DOH!

The map....that's right!

Thanks for the reminder! ;-)

6. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

We all forget things sometimes!

[​IMG]

7. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

1) Gonna answer all these little points in the rest of this post.

2) No, there was no way Carol could've stopped Lizzie but it didn't help at all that instead of trying to help her deal with her traumas and get through whatever twisted things she seems to elieve about walkers, she put a knife in her hand and taught her how to kill. Sure Carol's reas'ning for that is understandable but you can't tell me that during all of those months between S3-S4 that she didn't see anything 'off' with Lizzie. Carol's going rambo at Terminus was one of the most enjoyable action sequences i've seen on this show in ages.

3) I think Sasha is colder and less moral than Tyreese. He thinks similarly to how Dale and Andrea did before they died and whether the result of that is right or wrong, atleast he was acting like a human being and doing the right thing. I still don't think that the scenes where he gets bitten are believable at all, there's too many little goofs with it. If Ty' cleared the house except for one room where there was a walker behind the door, how the f*ck did he get bitten? Did someone just walk in, open the door and run? Ninja Zombies are just irritating in this show and they need to be more creative with it. I would rather see someone get bit similarly to how Michonne and Daryl nearly did; when they're in a hand to hand fight and a walker bites them during it.

4) No they didn't act like cops in the end but atleast they were taking people in and caring for them, the only two i really saw to be with that mindset where that rapist piece of shit and Dawn. Remove those two from the equation and it all improves. I also wouldn't go so far as to compare them to the Governor, he was just batshit.

5) I didn't think i could really say anything else for #5 since there seemed to be a mutual agreement there.

6) The comics don't develop characters properly and some of the concepts are a little silly. In that way the show is better with developing characters... somewhat. That's really all i can say about them.

I did miss you, too many old regulars have been missing lately.

8. mroblivious

mroblivious New Member

This guy didn't like the midseason premiere

I kinda loved the artsy elements of the midseason premiere, the story and the "ghosts". This guy obviously didn't: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uXjclW8iXE

I think the more artsy elements made it a nice start for what's to come. What do you think? I sorta hope the rest of the episodes won't go full French Cinema, but I enjoyed that is was a bit different.

9. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Well...with Ty dead they can replace him with Morgan. The usual screams of "Black man quota" and all that :p

10. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Could it be Morgan who keeps track of them? Found a vehicle, tracked em and is close? Even placed the water, he knew they where at the gated community/Camp?

11. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

That's because she looked pretty good in comparison to the Soap Opera actors they got to play the General Hospital crew.

12. Stealth

Maybe the real Mayor Carcetti survived and is running the Alexandria Safe zone.

13. Stealth

14. Stealth

I can understand Carol's actions with Lizzie after what happened to Sophia. She wanted the kids to be tough and able to defend themselves. Anything she may have seen that was "off" about Lizzie she probably chalked up as to a kid adapting to the ZA and a necessary route to take.

15. Walking Wounded

I'm starting to lose interest in the show. It has so much potential but the writers are disappointing.

16. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

I already said i understand her reasoning, it's very justifiable depending on the child and how you go about it. Secretly teaching kids how to kill things and use knives and guns is not appropriate at all. I also would have though she'd have had more sense with that considering how Carl turned out towards the end of S3.

17. J K

J K Member

Don't read the comics, you'll lose even more interest. I hadn't read the comic until just before season 5 and watching the show now I'm pretty disappointed, actually pretty aggravated lol at what they've done to these characters.

18. ComtedelaFere

ComtedelaFere New Member

Finally found time to watch this episode (late). Immediate gripes, just to get them out -

1. After the writers spend 5 1/2 seasons teaching us that it's next to impossible to travel long distances in the apocalypse, the entire crew travels a few hundred miles over a 3 minute montage. Abraham just spent an entire episode screaming about the difficulties of a trip like this. Lazy writing.

2. Swapping in Noah for Tyrese? No.

3. Michonne needs an upgrade. She's starting to look ridiculous wielding a (conceptually cool) katana when all of her potential enemies have high powered rifles.

4. The writers are overusing the "soap opera strategy" of breaking everyone into pairs in order to waste time with mindless dialogue. Thank God for fast forward.

5. I don't care what the writers say - the dude who Glenn rescued from the container is Negan. Or someone bad. But he's the guy. He didn't die by getting tackled by an 80 lb. zombie which Glenn immediately killed. BTW did anyone check to see if his facial tattoos included a "W"?

19. Charmander

Charmander Member

Wouldn't Tyreese's death have had far more impact with Sascha there? And whoever played Bob was a far better actor than the one who plays Noah. That crying scene. Urrrrgh.
    When introducing a new character, it's probably for the best not to have him directly linked to the deaths of two main characters in order to get the audience to like them.
    It's a shame that Gabriel isn't acted brilliantly, I'm not a fan of his character in the comics either but it'd be good to have a well-acted sneaky character in the group.

20. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

not a fan of Gabriel either, but it's good acting, that makes him seem like the naive forgiving fool, he is.

Sasha, IMO, did not need to be there- at all. This girl was just coming to the terms that there may be bright sides in this ugly world. She was learning to loosen up and let her guard down, thank to Bob. She was distraught enough after Bob's death. 'Not being there' is one of those bitter pills that this type of world makes you swallow.

i think it's unique and it gets the job done. If everyone is low/out of ammo- she has the BEST weapon. And it is silent.

[​IMG]