Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

5x09: Live Reactions Thread

Discussion in 'Episode 509 - What Happened and What's Going On' started by TGO, Feb 5, 2015.

1. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

I needed my Rick fix something fierce. And the beard did not disappoint.

2. Something2Fear

I want to stroke Rick's beard.

3. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

Rick's beard should be its own character. I will mourn the loss of Rick's beard probably more than anyone we've lost up till this point (partially kidding, of course).

4. Daryl's Owl

Daryl's Owl Member

chain of causality, removing free will from scenarios since 1952

5. OneNOnlyJigsaw

OneNOnlyJigsaw New Member

Loved this episode!!!

Can't wait to see how they are going to try to get to DC, the shit is just about to hit the fan!

6. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Any Aussie around going to watch either for the first or second time?

7. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

I'm downloading it right now :p

8. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Second time re-watching and I'm still swelling with lots of emotion!

I think this episode could have easily been considered a 'filler' episode had it been at number 10 or 11 etc... Even in the Finale it would have been a bit sort of predictable. I think it actually worked really well as an opener and would not have had the same impact had it been placed anywhere else - what do you all think?

9. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

I think it's pure filler but it's well made filler. Chad Coleman was great in this episode and actually had me upset about Ty dying. I think it would have worked as any old episode, with the way seasons are done it definitely would've made a great ep 14 since they seem to be mainly character centric episodes. Ah well, it was a good filler episode. I'm hoping this season will start picking up soon

10. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

The start is really weird, I think im to sleep right now! Just watching after breakfast.

Also, ironic! But Noah was safe in the hospital. His old "safezone"...yeah, burnt down by...Negan?

11. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Definitely filler, but not the obvious "this episode is only here to help meet out 16 episode quota" kind, likeā€¦ well, most of the first half. This one had some real depth to it and was worth it for the payoff.

It wasn't something that could have been done in an episode with a different structure or purpose.

12. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

What the f....IM really tired of these fillers. Maybe bump back the show to 12 episodes (or was it 13? in season 2?) cause these are really getting tiresome, "hey guys lets evolve a character and HAVE HIM DIE" kind of episodes.

Im pretty sad to see him go. Also another out of character movement when he just gets some weird trauma from seeing those twins and then one bites him. Why would he be so passive when he knew they where there...ergh! Well I gonna miss him. There is no cool headed character anymore. Is Noah going to be it now? He is way to young. Dale died, Hershel died, Now Tyreese to? He was one in his own special way. ****ing Noahs fault anyway. But what a trick to turn it on us to think that it was Beth they buried.

13. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Nicotero also mentioned on TTD that those walker pieces and mutilated bodies and the obvious attack-related damage to the walls are part of a "mystery" that's going to unravel eventually. He also commented that it has to do with how they know there are terrible people in the world and they haven't met their last living enemy.

14. jwcoombs

[MENTION=39001]HondaS2kXD[/MENTION] [MENTION=7785]Neuropyramidal[/MENTION] [MENTION=41032]and138[/MENTION] [MENTION=47172]ltomlinson31[/MENTION]

So, how do you guys feel about the timeline? Nicotero said that exactly 17 days transpired between Beth's death; and the groups arrival at Shirewilt.

I just have a hard time believing it only took them 2 weeks to make it from Atlanta to Richmond; some odd 530 miles; in a world where roads are blocked, destroyed, travel is slow, you can't travel at night, fuel is scarce and reaching the end of it's shelf life, etc.

I was thinking it would at least take them a month or so. But, I guess they made pretty good time.

15. jwcoombs

That's what, 3 times this season? First, when Butcher #1 tried to hit a homerun with Glenn's head; then Glenn wielding the bat during the Terminus escape; and now he goes out of his way to grab the bat at Shirewilt.

Not to mention; we also always forget that Glenn used a baseball bat very often in the first two seasons.

Pretty eerie, we get some more Eeny-Meeny-Miney-Glenn symbolism in the same episode that we get what may be the first real Saviors foreshadowing of the entire series.

16. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

Doing good! Glad TWD is back on! Sorry your promotion isn't as exciting as it could be!

17. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

That seems doable. The trip took 17 times the amount of time it would usually take. They are totally SOL now though. No supplies, emotions are high, bodies are weak...

18. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

He knew there were twins, but saw one dead on the bed and assumed the other one was the walker locked in the closed bedroom.

19. MrBigDog1974

MrBigDog1974 Member

I was waiting for Noah to get bitten as well when Rick's first shot to the Walker coming through the gate hit the shoulder.

20. Dotd2016

Dotd2016 Member

Looks like my 'prediction' was pretty close haha ;)